Wimbledon

Thedelldays

I am not sure what to say to this, other than FEDERER IS OLDER THAN MURRAY AND HE LOST 4 TIMES IN A SLAM FINAL AT THE SAME AGE. what part of this are you not getting? you HAVE to lose to improve, christ even SRS would understand this (where the hell is he?)

Murray is 6 years younger than Federer. When Federer was Murray's age he had already won the Australian Open (Twice), Wimbledon (4 times), and the US Open 3 times. He had lost ONE SLAM FINAL which was the French. What part of this are you not getting?

Ok I will retract that but my main point is that Federer LOST a few slam finals before winning, now this is Murray's first Wimbledon final sp who knows, he may win next year, or win one of the others, don't write him off yet, he is far from a loser - all in my opinion of course. But like I said earlier in the thread, you anti Scottish lot would have berated him anyway even if he had won.

Ok I will retract that but my main point is that Federer LOST a few slam finals before winning, now this is Murray's first Wimbledon final sp who knows, he may win next year, or win one of the others, don't write him off yet, he is far from a loser - all in my opinion of course. But like I said earlier in the thread, you anti Scottish lot would have berated him anyway even if he had won.

How many slam finals did he lose before he won one?

He is a loser. He has never won anything that is important. It is obvious that Federer only tries his hardest in the slams (and his home tournament in Switzerland) because they are what count in tennis.

Tennis is a stupid sport...played by richer people and watched by richer people

Wimbledon is full of snobbery.

on another note, I also find it highly laughable that the womens side of the competition got the exact same prize money as the mens

how fuking PC is that..?

Murray will win a slam IMO

federer simply will not have more days like this and Nadal (according to many) won't have either. his injuries are starting to creep up on him. His knees are shot apparently and some predict he will fully retire before federer.

Edited by Thedelldays

Probably been covered elsewhere, but Federer won today aged 30. How many recent men's winners have been that old?

My best guess is only 1 or 2 over past few decades and that Murray is probably as old (at 25) as the average Wimbledon winner. I.e. he has probably peaked about now.

He lost and he cried like a girl and everyone thinks he's great. WTF?!?!?. He'll never win anything if he acts like that. He needs to man up FFS and improve, but the rewards for losing are ever more lucrative. More nauseating crap on the TV this morning about him "winning our hearts". What a load of old crap. He didn't close out the second set when he had the chance and his head dropped and he lost it. No point crying like a girl. Acknowledge the better player then get out onto the court today to get better. All this shyte about "getting his head right" are the words of a loser. Neverwin a grand slam with that sort of attitude.

What about Johnathan Marray? Fantastic achievement, but get overlooked by the media in favour of the crying scotsman. pathetic.

not really, double has not where near the kudos of the singles...no matter how much you agree or not

like saying that charlton did not get the same amount of coverage as man city over the summer..both won the league

Tennis is a stupid sport...played by richer people and watched by richer people

Wimbledon is full of snobbery.

on another note, I also find it highly laughable that the womens side of the competition got the exact same prize money as the mens

how fuking PC is that..?

Murray will win a slam IMO

federer simply will not have more days like this and Nadal (according to many) won't have either. his injuries are starting to creep up on him. His knees are shot apparently and some predict he will fully retire before federer.

The prize money is actually unfairly balanced in favour of the women now because they play less tennis to earn the same amount of money as the men.

As for Murray I don't hate him so much even he is a complete drama queen. He was also witness to the effects of the '96 Dunblane massacre and anyone remotely in the vicinity of such an event could have been traumatised for a very, very long time. To go through that and achieve what he has is testament to him. His problem is he's a PR nightmare and he just isn't at the level of Federer/Nadal/Djokovic to win a Grand Slam, even if he is a better player than pretty much anyone else. He is consistently getting to SFs, he just doesn't have what it takes to topple the best of the best at the moment.

It's more of a combination of the media's obsession with him and the world of the middle class Wimbledon crowd's nauseating love-in with him that I can't stand.

Sue Barker's first question to Federer after winning yet another Grand Slam was 'what he thought about Andy Murray'. I actually thought that was damn right disrespectful.