Wet Iphone help

Viking Warrior

Im sure im not alone. But I was climbing from a dinghy on to my girlfriends parents yacht when the dingy went from umder me and I fell in the sea.

Took me ages to clamber into the yacht, Sadly my iphone no longer works . I have tried to dry it out and its still completely dead.

Anybody got any advice on drying the thing out or getting it to work again

DO NOT TRY AND TURN IT ON OR CHARGE IT

Ok is it a 3 or 4 ?

if its a 4 then remove the rear glass, two small screw next to the docking port TS1 driver

The back slides up, when thats off you will see the battery and several ribbon connections to the top.

its easy to remove the battery from there, leave it for a while in a warm place, if you give it a gentle shake you might get a few drops of water from around the midframe, if so keep drying it until they stop.

There is a very small moisture detector next to the battery, plus another one near the docking port, I guess as its been swimming its a no **** sherlock moment.

Check the top ribbon connections for any sign of damage, salt water is a killer

replace the battery and cover.

see if it will power up, if not " I will offer you £50 now to buy your old iphone

PM if you need anymore help

• 2 weeks later...

Don't turn it on or charge it or do anything with it. Just put it in an airing cupboard for a week or two. If all the water is not gone before you use it, it could break properly somewhere down the line. Has worked for me in the past. Though I also hair-dried it for a couple of minutes instantly afterwards.