The Dark Knight Rises

Verbal

Lols I'm really ill today, it's getting so bad I'm thinking of doing a thread on the main board so people can leave tributes, but even in my pitiful state The Dark Knight is rising as usual. I don't know what he wants me to do about it. I can hardly move I'm so sick.

Lols I'm really ill today, it's getting so bad I'm thinking of doing a thread on the main board so people can leave tributes, but even in my pitiful state The Dark Knight is rising as usual. I don't know what he wants me to do about it. I can hardly move I'm so sick.

I can tell you're ill Bearsy because to my eye you forgot to add a single superfluous ess to any of the nouns above and the verb tense is consistent too. Hope you pulls throughs mate. We is needing you.

But I'm going to have to go now. The thought of "The Dark Knight" being "sick" is a bit too much for me.

Hi paps! Don't know why you're asking us everyone knows you're the biggest geek on Saintswebs!

I spose it comes down to what the "super" in superhero is meaning... is it short for "supernatural" powers? He don't officially have them powers like what spidermans does though you often see him performing pretty implausible physical feats or whatever, but that happens in a lot of movies. For my monies if you is calling Batman a superhero, then so is James Bond.

Couple of times when I was writing dat i was accidentally typing Superhores. I would love to see a movie bout superwhores!

Not sure what to make of it.

Opening was really rushed. Didn't like that. There were some genuinely amazing moments where my heart was pounding, some brilliant twists... But I think the Dark Knight is the superior film.

I think I expected a bit more but that's probably a result of all the hype around it.

Just back from seeing this. As a bit of a Batman nerd, thought I'd share my thoughts.

It's interesting. Anne Hathaway is probably the most authentic version of Catwoman to hit the screen. Thought she was excellent.

Bane was an excellent villain. Tom Hardy really put on the beef for this role. Looks brilliant - like most Nolan renditions - a good fusion of the original character style with enough realism to feel authentic. The switch to him being fed anasthetics instead of venom was a smart one.

There are some choices that could have been better. Michael Caine's Alfred has little to do but moan at Bruce or blub, and to a certain extent, you could argue that too many of the main characters spend too long out of the game for respective portions of the movie. The Batman himself appears for about 25 minutes tops. That's cool enough with me though. Even in the comics, not just about the time he spends in the suit.

The movie could have benefited from having a more tightly edited theatrical version, but in the long run, it really doesn't matter. The three movies together represent a stunning anthology, something that seemed inconceivable in the dark days of Batman and Robin. Not everyone will get on with Bale's rasping Batman, and I daresay some will even miss the camp "Biff!" and "Pow!" signs from the camped up sixties series :D

Best live action version of Batman for me though. Feel like watching the first two again.

Bane's voice over is awfull at the begining i did actually laugh and at times i couldn't understand exactly what he was saying. Film was ok and it could have finished 5 mins earlier with out ending it had.

Definitely agree with you there. Unintelligible in a couple of places.

Edit: Spoilerssss

The best thing was Banes! He was totally bad ass! He reminded me of Klytus in Flash Gordon, the one that looks like Darth Vader, i think it was the voice what done it! Anyway i was loving Banes right up until they totally mugged him off by making him pussy-whipped by dat stupid b!tch and then gave him a totally lame death getting shot by Anne Hathaway's bicycle!

All the rest of the film bits without Banes was wack!

I have really enjoyed this trilogy but there is one problem with the whole thing - given the events of the first 2, how come so many millions are still willing to risk living in Gotham ? I'd have run to the hills after TDK.

After watching TDKR I spent 20 minutes in Pizza Hut debating with my younger son the physics and mechanics of how the wheels on the Bat Bike actually function on corners - much to the despair of my wife and older son.

I enjoyed it but it felt like just a good action film rather than a real classic. I found myself thinking 'am I really watching another film where a bomb is ticking down they need to defuse it?' how many films have had that plot?

Also Bane actually said 'i will break you', I thought I was watching Rocky for a second

I enjoyed it, but was disappointed with the atomic bomb plot device. It lead the movie to one predictable conclusion. Thought Bane was good, but nowhere near as good as Joker or Scarecrow. I guess the bad guy had to be different in this film but Bane didn't have the unpredictability or either Scarecrow or Joker which made them both compelling on screen. I thought Anne Hathaway was very good as Catwoman, much better than I expected.

Also, I think filming so much of the city shots in daylight felt wrong. I always think of Gotham as a dark, shadowy place and so it felt wrong to see so much of it in daylight.