Olympic games

Thedelldays

What is the target?

Minimum 4th in the medals table, as in Beijing - assuming that the United States pharmaceutical industry is top, with the Chinese pharma 2nd, ( or vice versa ) we are supposed to be aiming to keep either Germany or Russia in 5th.

Edited by badgerx16

Calm down. We didn't win any medals on day 1 last time round either and went on to do our best since ages ago. Give them a chance. There's only been one day.

Really Andy, thanks for going to all that effort to count up how many days it's been running, i'd never have been able to have worked it out.

More's the pity it isn't over yet. Bored to tears with it already.

No-ones forcing you to watch any of it. I live in Weymouth which has the sailing events, and apart from the town being busier (which it is every summer) it hasn't really impacted on my life at all.

More's the pity it isn't over yet. Bored to tears with it already.

Am always bemused when people post stuff like this - its not like the 1970s when you only had three channels to choose from and the Olympics were on all of them. Ive got almost 600 channels on my tv, most of them are utter tedious ****e as far I concerned, but presumably some people like them. Watch or do something else and be happy millions of people are inside watching tv so you can go out on quiet roads.

Well unlike you armchair sports fans one played golf today for the first time in 10 years today. Picked up a set of clubs including bag, balls, tee's, umbrella and trolley for 30 quid from a car boot en route. Averaged about 5 per hole (all par 3's) was hitting the long balls ok, but my short game was terrible.

Well unlike you armchair sports fans one played golf today for the first time in 10 years today. Picked up a set of clubs including bag, balls, tee's, umbrella and trolley for 30 quid from a car boot en route. Averaged about 5 per hole (all par 3's) was hitting the long balls ok, but my short game was terrible.

Try hitting the ball with the metal end.

Were you following Dan Marino's advice "Swing hard, in case you hit it" ?

I see the footballers are honouríng us with their sense of sporting spirit and winning desire, yet again...........

No surprise. Four of them don't want to be there as they don't think its their country they are representing.And I don't suppose the rest are too bothered either.

Stuart Pearce ? To think some wanted him as manager at Saints once upon a time.