Sorry But We Will Get Relegated !

Smalls

Hate to say it but lets get real we have not brought premiership players, squad is only championship quality and our transfer business has been shocking what the hell is NC doing lost a quality left back who's now at Man U and every other deal has hit the buffers.

Now i have thought about it without the bad looser head on, to be honest yes were go down with the current squad, but personally are main areas is CB and RM/RW after these 2 have been brought left back would be are next piorty, once we have them 3 players i would say were be fine, and to be honest how can you blame NC for transfer sagas, buttner deal maybe could of done more but if NC is a good business man/chairman he will make sure we get players in before sunday without paying stupid money, we showed signs of quality attacking play yesterday and at man city, its just making sure we finish our chances and players mistakes are reduced, Guly and Fonte made just as many if not more then Fox.

When we got relegated in 2005 it was absolutely gutting and took me weeks to get accustomed to it, I enjoyed the last 2 seasons immensely, went to some great grounds and met some great fans.

If we go down again this time I certainly wouldn't be that bothered....why....because we are nowhere near being ready to compete in this league.

Last week when you watch the replays City could of been out of sight, we played well but had nothing to lose yet got beaten by terrible defending.

Yesterday we got shown up at times by Wigan who we couldn't get near the ball for about ten minutes.

Every fan knows our defence and pace was our problem...we sign a £6m striker yet play him left wing like a fish on a bike.

I thought at times we looked ok but unless this week we recruit 2 decent defenders and a pacey winger we will see loads of games like yesterday. We had all of pre-season....we have 5 days left.

So at the moment you are right but the management have the opportunity to stop that and wasting weeks chasing average S Americans hasn't helped us in the slightest.

every fan knows our defence and pace was our problem...we sign a £6m striker yet play him left wing like a fish on a bike.

I thought at times we looked ok but unless this week we recruit 2 decent defenders and a pacey winger we will see loads of games like yesterday. We had all of pre-season....we have 5 days left.

So at the moment you are right but the management have the opportunity to stop that and wasting weeks chasing average s americans hasn't helped us in the slightest.

spot on........

Not really sure new players in next week will change things short term? These players should have been brought in before the team wen´t to France. In that case the team would have been "ready and done" now it takes time for the team to gel. OK after the Manure game there is a international break and that can be a blessing in disguise for Saints?

Jeez what a bunch of bed wetters. The Premier League is tough always has been with some hard to take results. I'll just pick some results we endured in seasons where we didnt get relegated that stick in the mind. Losing 7-0 away to an average Everton (if I remember correctly we stuffed Boro 4-0 the following week) , 3-0 up at home against Ipswich we drew 3-3, losing 2-0 at home to a poor Blackburn. There are many more.

We may stay up we may get relegated but the Premier League is what we have strived for. Enjoy the ride.

Jeez what a bunch of bed wetters. The Premier League is tough always has been with some hard to take results. I'll just pick some results we endured in seasons where we didnt get relegated that stick in the mind. Losing 7-0 away to an average Everton (if I remember correctly we stuffed Boro 4-0 the following week) , 3-0 up at home against Ipswich we drew 3-3, losing 2-0 at home to a poor Blackburn. There are many more.

We may stay up we may get relegated but the Premier League is what we have strived for. Enjoy the ride.

No sh1t Sherlock the Prem is tough...what a load of patronising ****** as usual from you.

What most on here are saying is that we are close to having a side that can compete yet we haven't addressed that despite every man and Saints dog seeing it. Thats not bedwetting thats is a fact.

We can compete , we will get stuffed at times, we will beat one of the top 6 occasionally but at the moment we are not equipped to do that.

If this is what gets posted after 2 games, we could be on suicide watch come November. We didn't' 'lose' a quality LB, Buttner was never coming here, I think the ManUre interest was always there in the background. Foreign clubs are fully aware of how awash with money the PL is currently, and most of their leagues are run on a comparative shoestring, so they are taking the p!$$ with their financial demands. Spending huge chunks of wonga is no guarantee of anything - how close did QPR come to going down last year ?

Chillax, enjoy the fact that we are back in the top flight, and enjoy the ride. We will lose far more than we have in the last 2 years, but that's what happens when you rub shoulders with the big boys.

It's like clockwork on here.

I bet the OP hardly remembers the premier league from last time.

No matter what people tell you on here, it is a mighty tough league

If we go down, I don't think.... I know I won't be anywhere as near bothered as last time

I don't have the sense of entitlement To the prem like last time

No sh1t Sherlock the Prem is tough...what a load of patronising ****** as usual from you.

What most on here are saying is that we are close to having a side that can compete yet we haven't addressed that despite every man and Saints dog seeing it. Thats not bedwetting thats is a fact.

We can compete , we will get stuffed at times, we will beat one of the top 6 occasionally but at the moment we are not equipped to do that.

Hate to be patronising but the transfer window isnt shut yet.

Manji just lives for threads such as this as it gives him (presume it is a him) the chance to hurl his "bed-wetter" insult. As soon as I saw the thread GITR I opened it in expectation and I was not wrong. Some things never change.

Welcome to the promised land. It's no more than I expected. The tempo is way too slow and none of our players gets any time on the ball. Every mistake is punished and the opposition snap up every chance. It's a different League.

This cant be true! We were told during the summer by intellegent posters that some of our players would thrive in the premier league because they will get MORE time on the ball. That is how it works Apparantly, the higher up you go, the more time you get. The intelligent posters were adamant about this.

What is this cobblers?

Last week on MoTD we were going to be fine - Southampton will be ok this season, playing like that no problem, they can hold their own, they play good football...

This week it's going to be a tough season...

No wonder fans are so fickle when pundits can't hold the same opinion across 6 fecking days.

David Moyes said the most sensible thing on MoTD last night.

"after ten games is how you judge the start of the season"

This cant be true! We were told during the summer by intellegent posters that some of our players would thrive in the premier league because they will get MORE time on the ball. That is how it works Apparantly, the higher up you go, the more time you get. The intelligent posters were adamant about this.

Our players HAD more time on the ball. That's the whole point, they DWELT on the ball...

Manji just lives for threads such as this as it gives him (presume it is a him) the chance to hurl his "bed-wetter" insult. As soon as I saw the thread GITR I opened it in expectation and I was not wrong. Some things never change.

One thing has changed you haven't put a subtle dig at Cortese or how the club is run into one of your posts.

Our players HAD more time on the ball. That's the whole point, they DWELT on the ball...

I must have been seeing things then. It looked to me like they were closed down quickly and every bad touch resulted in losing the ball. I knew I must wrong as we were told in the premier league you get plenty of time and space. Thatshow it works, the defenders are better because they stand off and let people play.

Edited by Turkish

I must have been seeing things then. It looked to me like they were closed down quickly and every bad touch resulted in losing the ball. I knew I must wrong as we were told in the premier league you get plenty of time and space. Thatshow it works, the defenders are better because they stand off and let people play.

Yes, you were seeing things. HTH. We had plenty of time on the ball - at times we used it superbly, at times we wasted it, holding it up and hitting the pass far too slowly/late.

If you want me to sit next to you at the next game and point these things out, I'd be happy to... ;)

Yes, you were seeing things. HTH. We had plenty of time on the ball - at times we used it superbly, at times we wasted it, holding it up and hitting the pass far too slowly/late.

If you want me to sit next to you at the next game and point these things out, I'd be happy to... ;)

How much time did Fonte have on the ball for the second goal?

When we got relegated in 2005 it was absolutely gutting and took me weeks to get accustomed to it, I enjoyed the last 2 seasons immensely, went to some great grounds and met some great fans.

If we go down again this time I certainly wouldn't be that bothered....why....because we are nowhere near being ready to compete in this league.

Last week when you watch the replays City could of been out of sight, we played well but had nothing to lose yet got beaten by terrible defending.

Yesterday we got shown up at times by Wigan who we couldn't get near the ball for about ten minutes.

Every fan knows our defence and pace was our problem...we sign a £6m striker yet play him left wing like a fish on a bike.

So at the moment you are right but the management have the opportunity to stop that and wasting weeks chasing average S Americans hasn't helped us in the slightest.

Quality post Ron.

We had plenty of time on the ball at the back as teams are quite happy to give up possession there but we used it poorly & often resorted to a big hoof & possession was invariably lost.

As soon as the ball was moved into midfield we were harried & bullied until possession was lost.

I walked back to the car knowing it was going to be a long bleak season & for the 1st time wondered if NA was out of his depth.

Some good points in your post Manji. I remember years ago, I think under Chris Nicholl, when we went on a very long run without winning but stayed up.

I would definitely settle for top 17 this season.

Some good points in your post Manji. I remember years ago, I think under Chris Nicholl, when we went on a very long run without winning but stayed up.

I would definitely settle for top 17 this season.

do you remember that horrific start with dave jones...my step dad went to the fans forum at the polygon (they were a few weeks into the season then) and his name tally on his table did not say his name but....(something like) L L D L L D D

do you remember that horrific start with dave jones...my step dad went to the fans forum at the polygon (they were a few weeks into the season then) and his name tally on his table did not say his name but....(something like) L L D L L D D

Think we got 2 points from our first 9 games that season, we were awful. Can you imagine the melt down on here if we had Jones transfer policy today. Signing the likes of Palmer, Hughes, Ripley, Beresford, Howells and Hirst. Although his finest hour must have been Scott Marshall. Probably the worst centre half ever to play for us. He was the Tommy Forecast of the 90s.

Disappointing result but the lack of belief and faith in this team and the Manager is quite astonishing. Did you really think we wouldn't screw a few games up? This IS Southampton after all, and even in our 2 successful seasons we had some horrible games.

I'm glad this is only an internet forum because I would hate to know some of you guys in real life. You come across as people who are only happy if you can pick a fight or run someone down. Would you be happy supporting any team?

We ALL want our team to do better. We ALL would like to see team improvements. Just give the team, players and Manager your support. If they give their best that is all we can ask for, and as someone else has already said....enjoy the ride!

Sometimes reading this forum, and realising the "quality" of support we attract is more disappointing than seeing the actual result!

Think we got 2 points from our first 9 games that season, we were awful. Can you imagine the melt down on here if we had Jones transfer policy today. Signing the likes of Palmer, Hughes, Ripley, Beresford, Howells and Hirst. Although his finest hour must have been Scott Marshall. Probably the worst centre half ever to play for us. He was the Tommy Forecast of the 90s.

football was football then though..no real hissy fits, no tantrums...no real sense of entitlement...sure people moan at the game but the fans got right behind the team and dave jones is still pretty respected here....

imagine the saints web then.....HOLY FUK

Disappointing result but the lack of belief and faith in this team and the Manager is quite astonishing. Did you really think we wouldn't screw a few games up? This IS Southampton after all, and even in our 2 successful seasons we had some horrible games.

I'm glad this is only an internet forum because I would hate to know some of you guys in real life. You come across as people who are only happy if you can pick a fight or run someone down. Would you be happy supporting any team?

We ALL want our team to do better. We ALL would like to see team improvements. Just give the team, players and Manager your support. If they give their best that is all we can ask for, and as someone else has already said....enjoy the ride!

Sometimes reading this forum, and realising the "quality" of support we attract is more disappointing than seeing the actual result!

This ^^^^...........Like :thumbup:

We had plenty of time on the ball at the back as teams are quite happy to give up possession there but we used it poorly & often resorted to a big hoof & possession was invariably lost.

As soon as the ball was moved into midfield we were harried & bullied until possession was lost.

I walked back to the car knowing it was going to be a long bleak season & for the 1st time wondered if NA was out of his depth.

We had plenty of time in the final third as well if you watch the game again, as I did this morning. We just used it poorly, held onto it too long and on too many occasions weren't patient enough.

It's a little bit of confidence we need. If Adam's shot had gone in it could have been a wholly different game with a different outcome...

I agree we lost the ball in midfield but because we weren't thinking clearly about using the ball, lacked movement off it and too often someone ended up hitting the wrong pass. The difference with Swansea is only slim - we were playing like they are now, last season. Against slightly worse opposition, true. And Laudrup is currently a far better manager than Adkins (but in my view only because of experience).

But I'm not going to panic about two games during which we're learning. (Jos tweeted as much after the game).

Last season, Blackpool 'hit the ground running' in the Premiership and were in the top half for the first third of the season, flirting with European places. Where are they now?

And where are QPR and Wigan?

We had plenty of time in the final third as well if you watch the game again, as I did this morning. We just used it poorly, held onto it too long and on too many occasions weren't patient enough.

It's a little bit of confidence we need. If Adam's shot had gone in it could have been a wholly different game with a different outcome...

I agree we lost the ball in midfield but because we weren't thinking clearly about using the ball, lacked movement off it and too often someone ended up hitting the wrong pass. The difference with Swansea is only slim - we were playing like they are now, last season. Against slightly worse opposition, true. And Laudrup is currently a far better manager than Adkins (but in my view only because of experience).

But I'm not going to panic about two games during which we're learning. (Jos tweeted as much after the game).

Last season, Blackpool 'hit the ground running' in the Premiership and were in the top half for the first third of the season, flirting with European places. Where are they now?

But this post talks some sense...thank god there are some rational people on here

Calm down. A week, no, sorry, 6 days, ago it was great we held our own for so long against the PL champions. OK, now we lose to a Wigan side (who have won 8 of their last 11 PL games i think? OK, correct me if wrong...).

Adkins out of course, because Smalls and sammysaint etc, all of whom have long and succesful records of management at the top level pontificate in front of their anonymous keyboards say so.

Oh well, wouldn't be the same wiothout a shed load of total plonkers.........................

Our "best shot" surely involves signing the players the management have identified we need. Currently we haven't done that, not even close, so its perhaps no surprise we're struggling.

if we do bring in 2-3 players this week....and we are rock bottom come start of dec...?

I saw far more to concern me than console me I'm afraid.

Square pegs in round holes designed for a system that we don't have the players for & a CB pairing that is far too weak at this level not to mention a LB that has already been found seriously wanting.

I looked towards the bench & thought how/what do we change and the cupboard was bare.

This week is crucial to our season. Not bothered by the results in the next two matches but we must bring in pace, guile & strength in key positions or we are going to be in serious trouble.

if we do bring in 2-3 players this week....and we are rock bottom come start of dec...?

Well at least we'll have got there by lack of talent, rather than lackof signings. We need at least a fighting chance first, if we can't compete after that, well then questions will obviously be asked and decisions made on the back of that.

Sums up the situation perfectly. The signing of Rodriguez way back and seemly after class players with Europe eventually in mind give the majority hope that things were moving in the right direction. Yet with 6 days to go I personally don't think it's going to happen before the window shuts. There is a need to step up several levels, not just relie on good luck and hoping we'll struggle thru.