Football Manager 2013

Monk

Ok Le God for your benefit, here are the questions again plus maybe some more that I am just making up on the spot but would be interested to know.

1) Will saints have a sugar daddy in the next one? Now this is usually the point where you feel the urge to come back with something sarcastic like "they didn't have one in the last one" (not everything I say is always factually correct all of the time, I agree) but... When I have played as saints, I have always just bought expensive players and paid back the fee over 48 months. Then over time the debt has got so large even Peter Storrie would blush. However at the end of the season good old Nicola has bailed me out without even so much as a cross word. Although I admit I could a) not do it and b) it is nice when it happens, it is not realistic and I can't be in control of my own will power.

2) Will any of the new debt be included? I know you have said you need to know the exact amount, interest etc but I bet loads of football Manager is estimated. Is the pompey guy putting pressure on you? I think we chased him away from here.

3) How often does Miles change his T-shirt? I guess you don't know right now as you don't live with him but know you have great research skills. I would respectfully ask you to put them to work and post your answers on the Muppet Show

4) Back to the game - I know the new match engine has ball curling and physics and stuff but will it be any better with the tactics? Usually there is loads of stuff on the SI forums about great tactical theories etc. What this does it make me try and copy a real life tactic. However after a while what happens is someone like Mr Hughs releases some tactic that is completely unrealistic but works amazingly. For example the best ones around at the moment have 3 strikers all playing close to each other. This seems to over load the 2 centre backs. Again I have no will power and end up like this. Will the match engine be more realistic in your opinion (your opinion would be interesting not a video).

Finally, I would like to extend an invitation for you to join us in the muppet show. We would be greatly honoured if you could join us there once a day. We need a straight opinion on things. So far we have bletchy but even he isn't 100% serious. It would be great if you could join us. Please RSVP to Bearsy, muppet show mod, the muppet show.

Many thanks in advance.

Finally, I would like to extend an invitation for you to join us in the muppet show. We would be greatly honoured if you could join us there once a day. We need a straight opinion on things. So far we have bletchy but even he isn't 100% serious. It would be great if you could join us. Please RSVP to Bearsy, muppet show mod, the muppet show.

Seconded! I am not going to change my t-shirt till MLG posts in muppet shows. Also if he is coming to play round our house we will also be his homies and me and Tokyos will back him up when he's next getting sweaty with turkish bout stadiums or whatever.

1) Will saints have a sugar daddy in the next one? Now this is usually the point where you feel the urge to come back with something sarcastic like "they didn't have one in the last one" (not everything I say is always factually correct all of the time, I agree) but... When I have played as saints, I have always just bought expensive players and paid back the fee over 48 months. Then over time the debt has got so large even Peter Storrie would blush. However at the end of the season good old Nicola has bailed me out without even so much as a cross word. Although I admit I could a) not do it and b) it is nice when it happens, it is not realistic and I can't be in control of my own will power.

The datalock was 24 hours after the revelations of the BVI loan. The pre-order beta is available very soon and the free demo a week later so you can see for yourself.

2) Will any of the new debt be included? I know you have said you need to know the exact amount, interest etc but I bet loads of football Manager is estimated. Is the pompey guy putting pressure on you? I think we chased him away from here.

The revelations of the new debt came the day before datalock. I couldn't include it as we have no idea of the size of the loan or the length of the loan. If it is revealed between now and the January update datalock then I can include it then.

The Pompey researcher is baying for the loans inclusion, but we can't just make it up without knowing anything about it. I'm more than happy to include it in the next update, but can only do so if we know its details.

3) How often does Miles change his T-shirt? I guess you don't know right now as you don't live with him but know you have great research skills. I would respectfully ask you to put them to work and post your answers on the Muppet Show

I haven't a clue and don't care.

4) Back to the game - I know the new match engine has ball curling and physics and stuff but will it be any better with the tactics? Usually there is loads of stuff on the SI forums about great tactical theories etc. What this does it make me try and copy a real life tactic. However after a while what happens is someone like Mr Hughs releases some tactic that is completely unrealistic but works amazingly. For example the best ones around at the moment have 3 strikers all playing close to each other. This seems to over load the 2 centre backs. Again I have no will power and end up like this. Will the match engine be more realistic in your opinion (your opinion would be interesting not a video).

Play the free demo in a couple of weeks time and decide for yourself.

What is in it for me?

Edited by Matthew Le God

I am starting to wonder what would be in it for us godders but Bearsy insists, therefore I invited.

So in a nutshell, you just said "try the demo and work it for yourself", is that a fair summary?

However, how do I know if NC is set as a sugar daddy and will bail us me out from my overspending and signing players on the never never, if the demo self destructs after 6 months? To find out this info, it usually takes 2 or 3 seasons.

With the match engine, I was after an opinion. I was guessing you have some further info away from the song sheet of the videos, guess I was wrong.

Fair enough with the data stuff being near the deadline. We will still stick up for you with the skate researcher despite never giving an opinion.

It's up to you what is in it for you. You might enjoy it, you might hate it, who knows.

This thread has gone back to being a Miles Jacobson video blog for those that want to watch his videos but can't be bothered to go to youtube for themselves.

And still no sign of MLG in the muppet show! He ain't learning about Christian Grey or how to speak Japanese or nothing. You are wasting your life away with these videos gody, come and get educated.

This thread has gone back to being a Miles Jacobson video blog for those that want to watch his videos but can't be bothered to go to youtube for themselves.

And still no sign of MLG in the muppet show! He ain't learning about Christian Grey or how to speak Japanese or nothing. You are wasting your life away with these videos gody, come and get educated.

Bless, you are so desperate to speak like Bearsy.

Steam is absolutely SH1T !!!

And no i didnt recieve any code. I guess I'll just have to wait a few more weeks!

Who did you pre order with?

My greenman gaming code turned up and playing the beta now, steam was pretty bust about 6 when it went live but it seems fine now.

Ah just seen this on there

Please Note - The purchase of this game does not include the early access BETA code for Football Manager 13. Your order will be processed 3-4 days before the release date so that you receive the game before the official release date.

Ill just have to wait!

I guess I'll just have to wait a few more weeks!

Ah just seen this on there

Please Note - The purchase of this game does not include the early access BETA code for Football Manager 13. Your order will be processed 3-4 days before the release date so that you receive the game before the official release date.

Ill just have to wait!

The demo is out next week, you can play that until you get your copy.

Didn't have much time last night, but downloaded it so I could take a look. Set up my profile as Southampton as my favourite team. But for some reason wouldn't let me select southampton the team I wanted to manage. Anyone had anything similar? When on the team select page it just had the confirm button greyed out for southampton but not any other team. Will take a proper look when I get home tonight, but was just wondering?

Didn't have much time last night, but downloaded it so I could take a look. Set up my profile as Southampton as my favourite team. But for some reason wouldn't let me select southampton the team I wanted to manage. Anyone had anything similar? When on the team select page it just had the confirm button greyed out for southampton but not any other team. Will take a proper look when I get home tonight, but was just wondering?

It's because Cortese has such contempt for the SFC fans that he'll never allow one to manage the club.

I might be able to help with some of these as I've been reading up on the FM forums.

Ok Le God for your benefit, here are the questions again plus maybe some more that I am just making up on the spot but would be interested to know.

I don't think they ever had a sugar daddy, this was a game problem and you could do it at any club. Basically by putting transfer fees over 48 months you could quadruple your transfer budget so buy a player for £20 million over 48 months it would only take £5 million of that seasons budget. Apparently this has been tightened up a bit and it affects later budgets and the selling clubs don't accept the long term installments as easily and want more up front.

I highly doubt it will be in.

Many thanks in advance.

I have never used any downloaded tactics and always built mine from scratch using real football knowledge and I've always done ok. It does seem almost a necessity to have two tactics and be able to adjust them in relation to what team you are playing. From what I have read 'exploit' tactics from last year shouldn't work and the match engine is supposed to be greatly improved. Feedback so far is positive about the match engine and it seems it is much smoother and works a lot more realistically. Doesn't mean that someone won't find the new 'exploit' tactic though.

Surprised MLG hasn't posted his Saints thread from the SI forums but here is a link - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319162-FM13-Southampton-F.C.-Reasons-to-be-cheerful-Part-3!

Saints players look pretty good this year, pleased particularly with Rickie.

Edited by tajjuk

Fantastic answers tujjuk, thanks a lot.

The 48 month thing was a big problem really. Not that I want to go into admin but at I suddenly racked up £70m in debt, I was preparing for a summer of off loading the big earners and trying to replace them with potential instead. This wouldn't be much fun in the short term as I liked having Fellaini and Papadopoulos in the team but would make it realistic so better in the long run.

I have pre-ordered it from the site niemi14 recommended but no demo code or whatever. Not bothered as still enjoying last years version with my cheat team on the never never.

Fantastic answers tujjuk, thanks a lot.

The 48 month thing was a big problem really. Not that I want to go into admin but at I suddenly racked up £70m in debt, I was preparing for a summer of off loading the big earners and trying to replace them with potential instead. This wouldn't be much fun in the short term as I liked having Fellaini and Papadopoulos in the team but would make it realistic so better in the long run.

I have pre-ordered it from the site niemi14 recommended but no demo code or whatever. Not bothered as still enjoying last years version with my cheat team on the never never.

No worries, the whole 48 months thing was silly and the game seemed to self compensate for it's own error by giving loads of cash investments to cover the shortfall. Seems you can't do it this year which in reality is good because it;s too much of a temptation (hope it hasn't gone too far the other way though as installments are common in any player transfer)

I'm really excited about downloading the Beta when I get home, Saints look excellent, first team is good, youngsters look good and the youth set up is good. Think I am going to put some more effort into the details this year.

Fair enough as don't know the scale, there could be a couple of runs higher than 'top' which would be accurate. However having used them, I would not say top :)

Isn't 'world class' the top level? Good to see that most of our facilities are top notch though. Has out training ground expansion been factored in? or do you have to request it? In FM12 Saints weren't one of the top 20 youth development clubs in the world due to a few of our ratings being low, but it looks like we are top drawer now.

Tajjuk, you are miles more helpful than the video god. Can we nominate you for the gig?

To be fair on MLG he is probably playing the game whilst I am stuck at work wanting to play the game!

He also got that Southampton thread up bloody quick, there are no other FM13 club details threads up yet.

Happy to keep answering FM13 related questions if I can though, well until I am knee deep in finding Saints some decent defenders that is!

What gig?

Made me lol

To be fair on MLG he is probably playing the game whilst I am stuck at work wanting to play the game!

He also got that Southampton thread up bloody quick, there are no other FM13 club details threads up yet.

Happy to keep answering FM13 related questions if I can though, well until I am knee deep in finding Saints some decent defenders that is!

Fair enough, was just joking really.

I assume it's the beta I've just bought, downloaded and started playing then? It doesn't mention anything about it, could be the full game for all I know.

It's the beta but it's pretty much the full game without the editor and network stuff. You cant start a full game on it and continue it when the full game comes out.

game is easy Half way through my first season at saints. currently 8th pld 19 w9 d3 l7 f27 a24 pts 30

Playing first season with just the squad as is and not buying or loaning in anyone. biggest tip dont faff about changing formations pick one and stick with it. i kept changing and lost all preseaon games and had only 5pts after 7 prem games.

season highlights so far wins against man u 1-0, liverpool 4-1 and arsenal 3-1. still though the board arn't happy that the teams style of play isn't attacking enough???

game is easy Half way through my first season at saints. currently 8th pld 19 w9 d3 l7 f27 a24 pts 30

Playing first season with just the squad as is and not buying or loaning in anyone. biggest tip dont faff about changing formations pick one and stick with it. i kept changing and lost all preseaon games and had only 5pts after 7 prem games.

season highlights so far wins against man u 1-0, liverpool 4-1 and arsenal 3-1. still though the board arn't happy that the teams style of play isn't attacking enough???

I'm 6th in February (would have finished a season but bloody game keeps crashing :x) but drawing too many games, the small squad is starting to take a toll on my players I think, likes of Lallana need a rest. Biggest shame is that Rickie isn't playing well, can't get the best out of him and Jay Rod has taken over and has 11 goals in 17 games :?

First eleven is very good though (brought in a couple of players, one danish prospect centre back and a brazilian winger) Fonte is doing well, converted Cork into a right back and he is doing well but Clyne has been injured and Fox has done ok.

playing a 442 standard finished first season 6th and qaulified for euro cup board delighted but not happy with the teams attempts to play attacking football.

only wanted to use squad we start with so no loans or buy's but i did try to offload the unwanted forte,barnard sharpe forecast and others. (not easy)

best players of the season were boruc fonte, yoshida, clyne, guly,morgan, lallana and rodrigues.

worst lambert, gaston,puncheon and davis

new batch of youngsters promtoted into youth ranks three are top star rated two are leftbacks both better than shaw at 15. facilites needed upgrading and and got stadium capacity to be increased to over 36500.

started second season with different formation 41221 attacking and fluid we have near total domination in our games and can have over 20 shots and 5 clear cut chances per game (hit wordwork 7 times in one game) and yet opponents have 1 shot and score and draw or win very annoying.

started second season with different formation 41221 attacking and fluid we have near total domination in our games and can have over 20 shots and 5 clear cut chances per game (hit wordwork 7 times in one game) and yet opponents have 1 shot and score and draw or win very annoying.

Same ME as last version then?