Football Manager 2013

Monk

what annoys me about this game

I create a very good tactic that I tweak depending who I am playing.

yet, the very next season. EVEN signing much better players. no matter what, it does not work

I took over QPR about 3 seasons in to the game with about 20 games of the season to go and took them from 20th to 16th and saved them. Second season, signed literally 2/3 players and managed to finish 7th after being top 4 all season but fell away. 3rd season, signed another 2/3 players and ended up resigning 25 games in with the team bottom of the table and a couple of wins.

All of this whilst playing a simple 4-4-1-1 formation. Worked wonders for first 2 seasons then just didn't work. Stupidly infuriating!

He won't say that dumb Adrian! He will answer it with a slightly sarcastic question and then a link.

For example:

Do you really think that top premier league managers don't think that their tactics will get found out if they don't change them each year.

More information is readily available if you are not a complete idiot.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/343542-Can-AI-crack-your-tactic

Think I'd like to have a gp with your database. Sounds mental.

Since I posted that I've added the other Gwent Leagues (Gwent East, North Gwent and Gwent Central) so there are now a few more divisions below Gwent County Div 3 and the very bottom tier 11.

At the moment I'm trying to work out if there's any way which doesn't involve editing every single team's "Regional Leagues" to not have loads of promotion and relegation problems where teams go to the wrong local leagues, because I've run a few multi-season sim tests, and unfortunately Newport-based teams (which should go up from Npt & District 3/2/1/Prem into Gwent County 3/2/1 then Welsh League 3/2/1 then Welsh Premier) keep jumping across into Wrexham and Clwyd-based leagues, which is REALLY tedious.

I took the original Wales update file supplied by someone else you can download to begin with, so I'm currently trying to update all the teams with the correct routes through lower leagues (some of them had gaps and they leave logic holes which are filled by "wrong" teams, and I've added "Welsh Lower Leagues" for teams to drop into when they hit the bottom division, which hopefully will work even though the bottom divisions are all at different levels).

That's because I think part of the problem is that the lowest football in Clywd is only at Tier 7, and even though I've said "no relegation from the Clywd East League", teams still get promoted into it from other Tier 8 Leagues from other areas. I notice the Gwent teams appearing in the Clywd leagues because I know all of the Gwent teams having played against a lot of them when I lived there AND of course having just edited them all into the game. So if I can steer every time into the right league, then I hopefully won't get any sides jumping up into the wrong divisions.

I'm also sodding about with all of the reserve teams because at that level there are Welsh League sides' 4th teams in the district local leagues and as you can only have 3 teams per club, even though you can affiliate a side and give them a similar name to create the link, it's hard to stop the "D" team from doing better than the C and playing in leagues above the affiliated club. And you don't want the D team to be in a league above the C... There's also one league where the "big" County-level club has three reserve teams in the same division, FFS. :facepalm:

Until I get all that working (and until I get permission from the original db creator) I won't be sharing it. I could send the hundreds of (real) Gwent county and district team badges I've created too, but without the teams to link them to they're not much use.

So you'll have to wait a bit to play as Infusion Sports Bar (formerly the Ivy Bush) in the Newport and District Div 3, or the particularly problematic (4th team) Veterans side one of the bigger clubs has in the East Gwent... I had to create 5 teams for that to get the Vets to play in a reserve league as they do in real life, and not assign the veterans' first team to anything. :)

Oh, and I think I solved the "all teams want a new ground" thing, by setting a load of the default grounds to have been built in 2000. Allegedly (and it seems to work), there's some kind of rule that then prevents them moving within 20 years - and after about 7 game-years I'd happily put up with them all shifting about a bit more.

Edited by The9

Oh and as far as "future name changes" go, the best way is just to change them for 2012 and lump it, as I'd rather have them correct from 2013 onwards than just be right for the first season. Also solves the Barry and Llanelli issues, just make them extinct for 2012 (Barry didn't finish the season and promote someone southern to the WPL if you can't get the league to run with 11 clubs), then create the new Barry Town United and AFC Llanelli clubs and link them and dump their renamed selves into the south wales senior or amateur leagues (assuming that's where they end up at the end of this summer, bit of a political mess with the blazers there).

Awwww fck it, somehow managed to lose or accidentally delete my latest version of the file, regressed to one that doesn't have any North, Central or East Gwent leagues or teams in it - I am bewildered how this has happened, I was regularly saving and backing up, but I was lucky to find even the v4.1 (.bak), never mind the v4.3. Gutted, not sure I can be bothered to do all that again...

Lost :

Divisional Structure at Tiers 9, 10, 11, including Gwent East, North Gwent and Gwent Central leagues (with logos) all below Gwent County Div 3, all the newly createed teams that were in those leagues (about 50 of them with home kits), all the reserves and C teams as part of the pyramid from teams who play in the higher up divisions. The couple of D teams and links to parent clubs that I needed where sides had more than 3 teams.

Editing of all clubs in the leagues beginning A-C to have their full regional division structures correct.

Again, GUTTED !

Hm, gone through, recreated all the changes I'd lost, readded the other Gwent leagues and now testing - I've also put in Regional Divisions for every single team in Wales so they all should stick to the right structure.

Testing, and every time, it seems to halt the leagues at the end of the first season and not play any more fixtures, whilst the cups continue.

Anyone got any "known error" help here ? I have some leagues at different tiers theoretically relegating into the same "pool" of "below league" clubs, so that might be a problem - I also have promotion and relegation leagues set in my strcture, which I've seen people say to delete sometimes, suppose it could be possible that the teams could then follow the "regional teams" rules which would be fine, rather than the "promotion league" set. I guess the two could be clashing.

But what I want to know is if anyone else has, or knows of, anyone who has this kind of problem.

Sorry for being dumb 9 but how do I do it?

I've got the file and created a editor data file in my SI games football manager whatever but when I try to start a new game it just gives me the option of 3.3.0 update. I have windows 8, not sure if this makes any difference as it wasn't on the options for that page.

yours sincerely

confused of Tokyo

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, redid the Wales file and it... mostly... works now. Added a load of overflow leagues to the bottom leagues in Wales to ensure no-one I don't want in the system gets in, and still getting geographical bastards which had leapt into Aberystwyth from South East Wales but have tried to resolve that by adding clubs to the Aberystwyth Leagues to stop them getting underpopulated and raping other divisions.

Solved the league not generating 2nd season fixtures by removing some of the more complex playoffs, which were not being created and stopping the leagues moving on. It's now straight promotion/relegation in almost all leagues, except a couple of working playoffs I've left in. You do get some crazy crap happening with the "can't promote reserve teams" stuff, in one division I had a team promoted from the bottom 3 positions because all but 3 sides were reserves, and they also finished about 5 places below a reserve team that got relegated from the top half because their parent club got relegated from the league above.

I shall keep testing until I get bored without ever playing the game and just stop caring, like my PES2013 1980s kit file recreation, or my WWE13 outfit hacking.

Edited by The9

• 1 month later...

Picked this up again, playing on an updated database (with the current squads) with Saints. First time i've had success with them on recent FM games!

Season 1:

In - Giacomo Bonaventura (£7.5m), Aymen Abdennour (£12.5m), Tony Watt (£3m), Adam Maher (Jan - £14m), Mamadou Sakho (Jan - £10m), Doria (Jan - £14.5m)

Out - A f*ckload of people including Sharp, Tadanari, Guly, Jos etc.

Finished: 11th

Honours: Capital One Cup (Winners)

Season 2:

In - Billy Davies (Newgen), Tonci Maretic (Newgen), Chris Anderson (Newgen), Francesco Bardi (Free), Viktor Fischer (£17m)

Out - A f*ckload more people including Kelvin, Forte, Fox, Cropper, Yoshida

Finished: 2nd

Honours: Europa League (Winners - beat Real Madrid 4-1 in the final!)

Season 3:

In - Couple more newgens and Bartosz Salamon on a free.

Out - JayRod, Boruc, Isgrove and a few more.

Currently mid-way through S3, qualified easily from our CL group (Atletico Madrid, Zenit & BATE) and 4th in the Prem (3pts off top spot - looking to win the title this season). Wrapped up deals for Stevan Jovetic and Theo Walcott to join in January, Abdennour's off to Fenerbahce.

GK: Bardi

RB: Cork (retrained)

LB: Davies/Shaw

CB: Lovren

CB: Sakho

RDM: Wanyama

LCM: Schneiderlin

RW: Bonaventura

RAM: Maher

LW: Fischer

LST: Osvaldo

Walcott's in for Bonaventura come January and Jovetic in for Osvaldo, as he's getting on a bit and his goals have dried up this season. May have to let go of Rickie soon :(

Enjoying FM13 again until the new one comes out...

Edited by SuperMikey

Picked this up again, playing on an updated database (with the current squads) with Saints. First time i've had success with them on recent FM games!

Finished: 11th

Honours: Capital One Cup (Winners)

Finished: 2nd

Honours: Europa League (Winners - beat Real Madrid 4-1 in the final!)

Currently mid-way through S3, qualified easily from our CL group (Atletico Madrid, Zenit & BATE) and 4th in the Prem (3pts off top spot - looking to win the title this season). Wrapped up deals for Stevan Jovetic and Theo Walcott to join in January, Abdennour's off to Fenerbahce.

What tactic are you using SM ?

Have tried out various with little success !

I always ensure my squad has plenty of depth mikes. I think the key component of the game, head and shoulders above all else is to ensure that your squad has enough depth. No one wants to drop like a stone when a spate if injuries inevitably hit.

I've got 3 key things I look for in players: Versatility, Fitness and Consistency. I'm a fan of Mourinho's 23-man squad edict as well, like to stick to that with a couple of versatile youngsters chucked in as well. Take my current squad for example:

GOALKEEPERS

Francesco Bardi, Paulo Gazzaniga

DEFENDERS

Nathaniel Clyne (RB, LB), Jack Cork (RB, DM, CM), Calum Chambers (RB), Billy Davies (LB), Luke Shaw (LB), Mamadou Sakho (CB, LB), Dejan Lovren (CB), Doria (CB), Aymen Abdennour (CB, LB), Bartosz Salamon (CB, DM, CM, AM)

MIDFIELDERS

Victor Wanyama (DM, CM), Morgan Schneiderlin (CM, DM), James Ward-Prowse (CM, AM), Adam Maher (AM, CM), Giacomo Bonaventura (RW, LW, AM, CM, ST), Adam Lallana (LW, RW, AM, CM), Gaston Ramirez (AM, LW, RW), Ashley Harris (AM, LW, RW, CM, ST), Viktor Fischer (LW, AM, ST)

STRIKERS

Pablo Osvaldo (ST, LW, RW), Rickie Lambert (ST, AM), Emmanuel Mayuka (ST, RW, LW)

You can see I like my versatile players. Got Walcott (RW, LW, ST) coming in a month too to add more options up top. Signed up a handful of promising youngsters over the last couple of seasons as well to integrate into the first-team - Chambers, Ward-Prowse and Harris are the first batch to be getting game time and got a Croatian newgen striker banging in goals for Basel on loan so he'll probably get a look-in next year too.

Barcelona f*cking got Jovetic at the last minute though which is annoying. Would've been my best player by a mile.

I've got 3 key things I look for in players: Versatility, Fitness and Consistency. I'm a fan of Mourinho's 23-man squad edict as well, like to stick to that with a couple of versatile youngsters chucked in as well.

I've started a brand new game with just the latest transfers, Osvaldo, Wanyama etc .....................reckon it would ok for a season ?

Edited by ZepSaint
Spelling crap