Football Manager 2013

Monk

GOD DAMN this game. I am playing in the Swedish 3rd division as Vasby Utd. The Sparta Rotterdam job comes up, I apply and am told as I have only recently left the post I am unsuccessful, I stared at vasby though :( I have just had the exact same problem when applying for the Leicester job too. I will be seriously annoyed if a glitch is goin to keep me here all my career.

GOD DAMN this game. I am playing in the Swedish 3rd division as Vasby Utd. The Sparta Rotterdam job comes up, I apply and am told as I have only recently left the post I am unsuccessful, I stared at vasby though :( I have just had the exact same problem when applying for the Leicester job too. I will be seriously annoyed if a glitch is goin to keep me here all my career.

Challenge - to get Vasby to the highest reputation in the world, and the Swedish first division to be the best competition in the world.

See you in 20 years.

This

On the Pompey side of things, they dont seem to be struggling to badly financially on the game

Yeh, a Pompey thread has come up in the team guide and apparently they only start with £8.5 million debt :rolleyes:, no charge on the stadium and get taken over very easily usually by a mega rich tycoon. Think the Pompey reasearcher has been very generous.

after 30 games in season 1 with saints...I am currently 6th....lambert has 15 league goals, Mayuka 10 and Rodriguez 8.

I play 3-5-1-1

Boruc

Curtis Davies

Fonte

Yoshida

Puncheon

Morgan

Cork

Jenas

Lallana

Ramirez

Lambert

subs

Kelvin

Hooiveld

Davis

JWP

Guly

Mayuka

Rodriguez

There is a new update for Football Manager 2013 now available. Included in this update are a number of changes to the match engine along with fixes addressing other areas of the game.

As with all updates it is save game compatible and you will be able to continue your save game. To update you will need to close the game down and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated you will need to restart Steam.

Once updated the version number will be 13.1.3, more specifically the full version numbers are listed below:

PC: 334797

Mac: 334795

As with the previous update there are no database changes, if you start a new game the database number will remain 13.0.0.

Changelist 13.1.3

The new build includes, but is not limited to, the changes below:

MATCH ENGINE

v1313

· Refined position of d-line and also the lines in front of it when defending

· Brought wingers a bit deeper when defending

· Weaker players more likely to favour direct passes quicker

· Improved short pass accuracy slightly

· Tried to increase number of crosses slightly

· Fine-tuned shot accuracy

· Fixed some minor player on ball decision bugs

· Improved trajectory of medium length kicks like free kick shots and corners

· Made players better at offering out ball to team mate

· Tried to improve player reactions to deflected balls or tackles

· Made players more willing to slide tackle when opportunity and need arises

· Fixed some unnatural save directions from keepers

· Fixed keepers trying to save ball at wrong point when its heading for post or bar

· Made players slightly better at turning body while on the run

· Made strongest player stand ground when 2 players collide while going for a header

· Made goal celebration paths a little bit more varied

· Fixed commentary saying ball well wide when not really that far wide

· Some ball physics collision tweaks

· Some team talk fixes

v1314

· Further tuned team shape and d-line position when defending

· AM strata now comes back to defend unless set to "all-out attack"

· Made d-line shift up when opposing player with ball is successfully pressed

· Made d-line shift back quicker when attacking player is running with pace at them with the ball

· Some tweaks to marking of opponents in own area

· Fixed defenders shifting across as full back engages winger in last third causing bad shape

· Tried to reduce instances of players heading ball they could control a split second later

· Some minor fixes relating to player interception of ball

· Some refinements to off ball movement around ball player

· Some general tweaks to pass choice and on ball decision making

· Some more minor keeper save fixes

· Fixed some instances of woodwork hit not being registered

· Fixed player not waiting to get up before running off to celebrate after scoring a diving header

v1315

· Fixed ultra-rare crash when player shoots from close range

· Further small refinements to on ball decisions and pass choice

· Improved direct free kick trajectory slightly

· Improved crossing aim AI

· Fine-tuned pass and shot accuracy slightly

· Improved player reaction and awareness of ball generally

· Improved defensive tracking of player running with ball

· Slight reduction of player reaction time to fast curling balls

· Slight reduction of player reaction time when ball a long way away from them especially if not facing it

· Improved defender lateral positioning when defending wide ball

· Fixed winger not staying wide when asked to hug touchline and ball on his side in advanced position

· Goalkeeper should narrow the angle better when a play is running at him at speed

· Goalkeepers should try to move under the ball path even if they think they can't reach it.

· Fixed a bug where the keeper fails to catch a ball if it has just hit the crossbar/post

· Fixed keeper turning ball over bar described as turning it round post

· Fixed some player collision avoidance issues

· Fixed a bug where an offside is given instead of a free kick for a foul

· Stop a rare teleport bug with goal celebrations

· Fixed animation issues whilst player argues with ref

· Fixed small anomaly in team selection AI

v1316

· Fixed bug causing players to occasionally react too late to pass

· Improved pressing of opponents slightly

· Made players more willing to go for a riskier interception if ball receiver is in a goal scoring position

· Tweaked keeper positioning when facing down attacker

· Reduced pointless passing slightly

· Fine-tuned chance of speculative passes slightly

· Refine kick inaccuracy algorithm slightly

v1317

· Fixed defenders not turning quick enough when tracking player running onto through ball

· Reduced likelihood of players making pass when in clear cut shooting position

V1318

· Fixed keepers not reacting to powerful close range shots

GENERAL/PERFORMANCE

· Improved processing speeds

· Fixed rare crash when pressing ‘Set for Release’

· Fixed sole crash using edited database in network game

· Fixed interface slowdown when scouting hundreds of players at once

COMPETITIONS

· Fixed Russian Cup final clash with World Cup call-ups

· Fixed Spanish registration window in 2015/16 season

· Fixed user taking control of friendly, when assistant set to

CONFIDENCE

· Fixed board confidence in relation to ‘Give youth a chance’ promise

· Fixed board expectations not reflecting those set in meeting

· Improved international managerial appointments

GUI

· Fixed live league table widget not holding position

· Fixed attribute colour state saving

· Fixed coaching assignment state saving

· Fixed scrollbar reverting top top when adjusting individual training

· Fixed squad depth chart displaying PA over CA

· Fixed up/down keys not responding post-match

· Fixed new position training state saving

· Fixed custom background pictures not showing

NETWORK

· Added ‘Show only friends’ option to network lobby

· Fixed inconsistent behaviour of timers

· Fixed pre-match force continue proceeding too far

· Fixed client scouting assignments

· Fixed client match vs host, when host on holiday

· Fixed flickering/slowdown on client transfer list screens

TRANSFERS & CONTRACTS

· Staff in FMC now signed onto rolling contracts

· Fixed agents offering players for £200m

· Fixed French transfer values

· Fixed rare instance of transfer news with no option to respond

· Fixed loophole allowing Rangers to break transfer embargo

Been too busy to play for a few weeks.

Having a sesh now. Season two, team looks like this:

Baumann

Heggestad (Clyne injured again - unconvinced to be honest)

Munoz

Bocchetti

Muniesa/lecjaks (gonna see who cements that spot

Simao/Frimpong (got him on loan)

Morgan

Cork

Lallana

Ramirez

Abel Hernandez

Some good options too with Ginter, Viviano, Otavio to pick from.

Had a pretty serious clear out, Lambert went for being rubbish and demanding 50k pw. Though squad is pretty small, got some good nippers come through and tried to pick up some the scouts found so will rely on them for cover.

Sold Fox, Guly, Fonte, Davis, Jos, Yoshi, Sharp, Hammond, Seaborne & Punch.

Let Boruc and Frazer go.

Swansea went down and are now trying to be ex saints united. Signed Yoshi, Tadanari & Lambert off me!

Beat boro 3-0 away opening day, so hoping for a good season!

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

I've got some Italian lad in goal, can't rememebr his name begins with a C. Consigli maybe or something like that

Defence is

Clyne, Belluschi, Toloi, Robinson(Liverpool)

--------Morgan Cork

Torje -----Ramirez----- Lallana

---------Ademilson

Still have quite a few Saints players my squad but quite a few are out on loan. Could give Sharp away for some reason, he wouldn't even go when I offered him out for free.

Also got quite a few youngsters in my squad coming through and Shaw is currently out getting experience in the Championship along with quite a few foreign youngsters I've brought in. Something not quite clicking in my side though, it's lacking something.

Also had Jenas on loan in my first season, but now have Pedro Leon, Podolski and Chamakh on loan, as needed some forward experienced cover.

The games pretty ****ed tbh. You can't get any sort of decent run going...for example I somehow beat City away...then lose at home to Blackpool in the cup 4-1....followed by an away win at Spurs with basically the same team.

I wouldn't mind if I knew why but the fact that no one even knows on their own forum suggests a problem somewhere...

Just created a tactic modelled on the way Saints play, pre-season we absolutely tonked teams... now half-way through my first game and we're 3-1 up. It's almost like I'm watching a repeat of last years football (and some of this seasons!)... If anyone wants to trial it as well, let me know and I'll upload it here :)

Has anyone tried the saviour challenge with saints? It is pretty tough as you always seem to play the teams around you first up before they have gotten used to the formation and then its the big teams all in a row. I am sure MLG is going to say the fixture list is random but I've given it 4 goes and always seems to be the same.

Yeah looked at them bear but seems you need to have a bit of a brain to understand those things. Unfortunately I fall short, I mean my friend falls short in that department. I know you basically download the skin and then put in footballmanager2013/skins or something but then it goes into stuff about you might not have it and you have to load it when you start and stuff.

Was hoping someone would simplify it. I am a skin virgin to be honest, never used skins in my life. Some of them look nice though.

Night-shift saint's linked looked ok but then started to say stuff like:

Right at the top, should be the following line:

Replace it with the following:

If you want a different default background, just choose a number from 1 to 7 to add to this bit: file="backgrounds/1"

When this happens, I switch off. It is like a bletch word quiz for me. I refuse to play word quizzes unless a Czech bird is getting naked at the same time.

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. I even tried doing it in a old brown T-shirt to see if that made any difference but it was still coming up:

MSMQQueueInfo.FormatName = "DIRECT=OS:" & wszComputerName & "\SYSTEM$;JOURNAL"

Tried it with an old Iron maiden black T-shirt (3 sizes too small) but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone able to explain in simple terms for a dumbass* how to change the game skin?

*asking for a friend.

make sure the downloaded skin is in your :documents/sports interactive/fm13/skins folder..

in game goto preferences...then interface and select the skin from the dropdown in the top left.

One thing that is really ****ing me off is the team talks. You tell your players that they've played well having won away and Liverpool, and they 'seem disinterested' or 'demotivated'. Don't understand that at all!

It depends what your pre game and half time team talk were as to how well they react to what you say afterwards

I don't get this bloody game.

Fully fit squad at start of season two and pretty iffy, mid table start.

Really thin squad, gets decimated by injuries, playing cork and a 17 year old at CB, 17 year old lone striker, Steven Davis rwb. And I start getting decent wins. Through to the Cap 1 Cup Semi, beat spurs and Everton away and up to 6th.

Odd.

I don't get this bloody game.

Fully fit squad at start of season two and pretty iffy, mid table start.

Really thin squad, gets decimated by injuries, playing cork and a 17 year old at CB, 17 year old lone striker, Steven Davis rwb. And I start getting decent wins. Through to the Cap 1 Cup Semi, beat spurs and Everton away and up to 6th.

Odd.

The match engine is terrible this year, makes the game pretty unplayeable IMO on my saints save, season 3 Norwich won the premier league, Xmas season 4 they are bottom and have only won twice.