Football Manager 2013

Monk

I have been playing the Beta and have been doing OK but not great. Gaston has been pretty poor which is a bit of a joke.

What happens when I get the full game through the post MLG ? Do you just install it like any other game and start again or what ?

keep on playing him in the advanced playmaker position he becomes bloody good by the second season. morgan and clyne too becomes class with continued first team involvement. the rest can be replaced though

It wont let me confirm to manage southampton? any ideas?

Bug. I've seen this myself.

Won't let you add the club because it has already been added. Click cancel and hey presto, start of season expectations from Nicola Cortese.

Bug. I've seen this myself.

Won't let you add the club because it has already been added. Click cancel and hey presto, start of season expectations from Nicola Cortese.

It's not a bug, it's just bad UX. Its allowing you to add another manager to the game, but without giving you any feedback that the previous user has successfully been created.

It's not a bug, it's just bad UX. Its allowing you to add another manager to the game, but without giving you any feedback that the previous user has successfully been created.

This

It happened to me, very annoying

On the Pompey side of things, they dont seem to be struggling to badly financially on the game

We can argue semantics all day, but if I released a bit of code that did something without any kind of acknowledgement, then made it look like my desired option was unavailable, it'd never make it through UAT.

Bread and butter stuff.

Yup, difficult start but have managed to get into a solid mid table position.

I like to play 4231 and seem to score lots from the wide men (gaston and Lallana) made a couple of decent signings, Jenas has helped. Its a good game Im enjoying it.

Lambert is dissapointing though, may sell in Jan. i have hoarau on loan doing v well for me atm.

Yup, difficult start but have managed to get into a solid mid table position.

I like to play 4231 and seem to score lots from the wide men (gaston and Lallana) made a couple of decent signings, Jenas has helped. Its a good game Im enjoying it.

Lambert is dissapointing though, may sell in Jan. i have hoarau on loan doing v well for me atm.

Same here. Had to tinker with tactics a bit to get going in the league, shocking in the cups.

Going 4-3-2-1. gaston and lallana off Rickie or jay.

Managed to convince nicky to get Bocchetti in for me - he spent £13m on him.

Yoshi is poor.

I also bought Okore, good player for me so far.

If you qualify for the Europa this year, MLG will give you one of his unwashed shirts.

If you qualify for the Champions League, Miles Jacobsen will give you one of his unwashed Pacman shirts.

Now that's an incentive.

I'm 3rd with Saints after 5 games - been changing between a 4-4-2 diamond and a 4-2-3-1.

I've beat Liverpool & WBA 1-0 and Newcastle 2-1. Drew 1-1 with Man U & Arsenal.

Offered Fonte a new contract immediately and he has the 2nd highest average rating in the prem so far and been in team of the week twice.

Sold:

Chaplow to Huddersfield £1m

Hoovield to Bolton £1.2m

De Ridder to Sunderland for £475,000

To raise some funds, also sold Kelvin, Butterfield, Seaborne on the cheap.

Bought:

Ryan Donk £2.4m (just searched for a Cb with 15+ heading, tackling, positioning and strength)

Michael Mancienne on loan (was going to be as backup CB, but been playing RB as Clyne injured for 6 weeks)

Maor Melikson £3.6m (searched midfield with +15 pace, acceleration, technique, first touch, dribbling and flair)

Martin Olsson £7m (in installments) I got desperate for a lb late in the window and paid a bit over the top :-/

Ive looked at Olsson, the first 6 months were sort of a struggle but set the team up to be hard to beat and got to Xmas mid table.

Cortese chucked me 15mil, thanks very much !!

Signed

Butland

Hanley

Okore

Jenas

Ljajic

Adryan

Bothroyd

Haurau sic (loan)

Sold

Kelvin

Butters

Davis

Lambert

Seaborne

Finished season 1 last night.

Had a shocking final few months to the season, ended up 11th. Annoying really, was pushing for Europa League at one point.

Going to have a proper Summer clear out. May flog Lambert, who couldn't hit a double decker bus from 10 yards second half of the season, plus he is after a 50k p/w contract from me!

Already got deals for Muniesa and Hegestad tied up. Going to try and source me a few Worldie wonderkids.

Won the league two times in a row, into my 4th season now attempting a challenging 4-6-0 formation like Spain.

Jay Rod was top scorer last 3 seasons, Lambert went to QPR after season 2, still have Clyne, Cork, Shaw, JWP, Jay Rod, Lallana, Gaston, Morgan from the original squad.

Oh and I bought the OX back from Arsenal!

clyne is okay for me but yeah ended up playing richardson more. lambert finally is quite good!(was crap for me in fm 12) i brought tadnari lee into the fold mid season in my first season and he was banging them in! jay rod pretty rubbish.

Find the transfers very OTT and expensive.