Why did we buy Rodriguez?

Cheese on Toast

• 1 month later...
Am I the only one who can't understand why we bought Rodriguez? When Nige bought him, he obviously knew he'd be playing the 433 formation, but it's a waste to play Rodriguez on the wing and obviously Rickie will start as Centre Forward and as we saw against city, he starts Guly in CF, so what part does Rodriguez have to play?

Please leave stupid posts to the expert.... FFS

Am I the only one who can't understand why we bought Rodriguez? When Nige bought him, he obviously knew he'd be playing the 433 formation, but it's a waste to play Rodriguez on the wing and obviously Rickie will start as Centre Forward and as we saw against city, he starts Guly in CF, so what part does Rodriguez have to play?

Barry,

If that goal today doesn't answer your question nothing will!!

Minsk

To be fair I did think what a waste of money we've spent on both JRod and Ramirez but to be fair he has knuckled down. He seems to be very popular under MP and I was quite mythed as to why he has dropped an inform Punch. Looks like i'll have to eat my own words twice over.

To be fair, the OP was correct when he questioned why we bought JR when we were playing a different formation and playing him out of position.

He has looked a different player - the quality player he is - since Mauricio has been playing him up front with RL, as a proper striker, which is his best position and where he shone for Burnley.

J rod has since a slow start done enough for me to change my mind and be proved wrong I initially thought we had another Brett omerod on our hands! But j rod clearly has the attributes to be a good player. Gaston has yet to truely shine but admittedly today was the best for a long time

Jrod V Sturridge for England?

Having a Larf.

One has technical quality, pace, a magical first touch and passion. The other played a few matches in London

Sturridge need to switch team more often. He´s always good the first 8-10 games at a club, after that he just fades away...

If Cheese on Toast had not been banned, it might have been interesting for him to respond to this.

If Cheese on Toast had not been banned, it might have been interesting for him to respond to this.

Whilst I disagree with overall sentiment of the OP, I think he might have a point about J Rod being played wide - it was the best I have seen from him today and I think this was, in part, to him being played as CF.

The boy done good today, he has the potential to be great. For those that think he was a waste of money get a grip, for those that think that he is the finished article after today, get a grip. He is somewhere inbertween, but on the right path for sure. If he keeps working hard like he has done since being here he will repay the investment over the period of his contract, which is all we can ask.

The boy done good today, he has the potential to be great. For those that think he was a waste of money get a grip, for those that think that he is the finished article after today, get a grip. He is somewhere inbertween, but on the right path for sure. If he keeps working hard like he has done since being here he will repay the investment over the period of his contract, which is all we can ask.

This. Bags of potential and it looks like he's started to become accustomed to the quality of the PL and I'm sure under MP and with RL by his side, he'll prove his initial doubters wrong.

Will have to watch out for the threat of Guly though.

What ever happend to cheese on toast?

Hmmm, I wonder....... Cheese on Toast banned end of Oct - Barry Sanchez appears beginning of Nov.

Nah, purely coincidence........ and the fact that their posting style is entirely the same....

But then, you know all this don't you GS.

If he could shoot and direct his headers then he'd be great!! To be fair, he's improving all the time, and if he keeps up this rate of progression then he is a very good buy. That goal, apart from the fluffed first shot, was brilliant in that he had the confidence to attack the Liverpool defence head on and with pace. If only Lallana could shoot aswell!

It's taken some time, but I think we saw part of the answer yesterday. One goal and one assist, and NOW he is playing a more central role and Rickie is out wide.

We are all very pleasantly surprised and glad (I'm sure) that RL has been so successful in the Prem. - especially as some on this site thought he wouldn't be able to cut it in the Championship .:lol:

.and in many clubs he'd be past his sell by date.

However....sooner or later he will have to finish and I think Jay Rod has taken a few steps toward taking up the Rickie-role, although I hope RL lasts a lot longer...whilst Jay Rod is still only 23 / 24 ?