Brand and Woss have Sachs...on the phone.

saint lard

Just goes to show what a couple of t1ts those two are, they really need to grow up. I love a practical joke as much as the next man but this was just school boy stuff the sort of stuff you expect to find on your mobile from one of your kids friends. No intelligence or thought went into it at all.

I thought it was amusing, the BBC should employ more people like them, they can pay for it by dropping Top Gear and Strictly Come Dancing this would also leave some pennies to bomb the the shooting of Popstars, Stars in their eyes or whatever godawful reality ******** is on this particular week.

Brand's comments about the Mail on Sunday were very funny:

He continued: "I would like to remind the Daily Mail [sic] that while it is a bit bad to leave a swearword on Andrew Sachs' answerphone, what's worse - leaving a swearword on Andrew Sachs' answerphone or tacitly supporting Adolf Hitler when he took charge of the Third Reich?

The real issue that Brand should apologise for is working with that absoloute tw*t Ross.....a man of limited talent and devoid of any comedic prowess.

I dont like either these two.

Neither is funny and both have inflated opinions of themselves. I cant stand the fact that taxpayer's money is being used to keep them in a job at the BBC.

Cheap humour for kids. Both should know better. Radio 1 crap really.

I thought it was amusing, the BBC should employ more people like them, they can pay for it by dropping Top Gear and Strictly Come Dancing this would also leave some pennies to bomb the the shooting of Popstars, Stars in their eyes or whatever godawful reality ******** is on this particular week.

I agree with everything you say apart from dropping Top Gear, clearly the best show by a country mile.

Just seen it on the news this morning and although I have no issues with his daughters lifestyle choice, apparently shes a member of the satanic sluts which is some sort of arty but extreme type of stage show[ I think they all look sexy :-)]

The only issue is that there was no need to have brought Sacha into this, I wouldn't want four messages on my phone making lewd and suggestive remarks about my daughter - try and empathise and ask if you'd like somebody doing this to you about your daughter before you pass judgment.

I like Jonathon Ross but don't think much of the other guy, he lives off posturing in the media and is about as funny as Chris Moyles.

I understand the spirit it was meant in but the blokes in his seventies and I come from a background where nobody badmouths my famiy without consequences, have a go at me anytime but my family is a different matter.

I'm sure most of you would feel the same if you received nonsense like that about your daughter out of the blue and via voicemail.

I LOL'd

Total overeaction.

For those taking the "it's family" stance then This Morning is on in 30 minutes and your Daily Mail is now available for purchase.

LOL. In that case you won't mind me saying that your Mom has a face like a busted arsehole and was a bit of a slapper before your Dad screwed her, if you have a sister then shes probably a slag as well.

I wish I had your number then i'd leave you a voicemail just so that you got the message loud and clear.

I'm no do gooder type but I don't take too lightly to abuse of my family in a real life situation

As you aren't particularly bothered and have no respect for your family name or daughter then I thought i'd abuse yours as you think it's such a big larf.....:D

I LOL'd

Total overeaction.

For those taking the "it's family" stance then This Morning is on in 30 minutes and your Daily Mail is now available for purchase.

Total overeaction? Maybe/maybe not.

I know for sure I wouldn't be happy if someone left me messages about my sister or somewhere down the line if I have daughters/grand daughters that some matey has F**ked them.

It would be interesting to see Brand and Ross's reaction in a few years time if another celeb/comedian does the same thing to them.

Also brand is a grade c**t IMO anyway due to his stunt on tour when he rang up th emergency services as a joke.

It was pre recorded, whoever chose to broadcast it is at fault. JR and RB were messing about (and it was funny in a spontaneous way), but they didn't know it was going to go out when they were doing it....and you would have thought there are more sensible people than those two making decisions as to what is deemed acceptable to broadcast to Radio 2 listeners.

It was pre recorded, whoever chose to broadcast it is at fault. JR and RB were messing about (and it was funny in a spontaneous way), but they didn't know it was going to go out when they were doing it....and you would have thought there are more sensible people than those two making decisions as to what is deemed acceptable to broadcast to Radio 2 listeners.

Hey? So that makes it ok if they weren't responisble for putting it out on the show?

The issue is that they phoned up Sachs and said things about his grand daughter.

FWIW I'm glad it went out as it shows what a pair of oiks those two really are.

LOL. In that case you won't mind me saying that your Mom has a face like a busted arsehole and was a bit of a slapper before your Dad screwed her, if you have a sister then shes probably a slag as well.

I wish I had your number then i'd leave you a voicemail just so that you got the message loud and clear.

I'm no do gooder type but I don't take too lightly to abuse of my family in a real life situation

As you aren't particularly bothered and have no respect for your family name or daughter then I thought i'd abuse yours as you think it's such a big larf.....:D

Save it Barney, if you have any opinion about anything on here, you are deemed a Daily Mail reading fascist!

FWIW, Im of the same opinion as you. A bit of banter is fine, but when you bring family into it, its beyond a joke.

All involved are comedians so I think Sachs has over reacted and been a bit of a spoilt sport. That said - it really wasn't funny. They should be receiving bad press coverage for how sh*t Jonathan Ross is, not for this.

Being a comedian is irrelevant.Probably the only two people to find it amusing are the two making the call.Leaving message(s) about his granddaughter,references to sex with her,and her menstruation is hardly the comedy of a comic genius.

Being a comedian is irrelevant.Probably the only two people to find it amusing are the two making the call.Leaving message(s) about his granddaughter,references to sex with her,and her menstruation is hardly the comedy of a comic genius.

Plenty of people find that sort of thing hilarious. I think it has a big part to do with being a comedian. That said, I'm not disagreeing with you. It's not comedy genius.Banish them from TV and give someone else a chance to be 'funny'. It must be dead easy if those 2 can do it.

It wasn't funny and outside of the UK it's just seen as another indication of a people that seem to have completely lost both the plot and any last semblance of human decency.

6 million quid a year to do something that would even embarass many 8 year old boys.

The problem I have with tWoss is that when I have occassionally seen him on Brit tv the whole "look at me I am going to be obscene/controversial" thing is so contrived. He never USED to do that, he just does it now and then sits back and soaks up the audience's embarrsed t*tters.

In his own way he's as much a dinosaur as Frank Carson has become. Times up - next time Beeb find somebody FUNNY instead of embarrassing.

Oh and as for Bland... OK Big Brother audiences love him....

Hey? So that makes it ok if they weren't responisble for putting it out on the show?

The issue is that they phoned up Sachs and said things about his grand daughter.

FWIW I'm glad it went out as it shows what a pair of oiks those two really are.

And without it being broadcast they could have rung AS and apologised for their childish behaviour and felt a bit ashamed. AS could have then decided if he wanted to make a complaint. He doesn't have that luxury now as the whole of the UK are doing it for him, whether they listened to the calls or not.

Well, I can't admitt I didn't laugh listening to it, but it is a little over the top. But I guess comedy sometimes does that, but if something is innapropriate, I guess it's the BBC's fault. They should be editing it out on a pre-recorded program like that. Ross and Brand were just doing what they do. Can I also add that relatively few complaints were received on the day of broadcast, I think alot of it is just people jumping on a bandwagon. The same happened with the Big Brother racism row, relatively few complaints on the day, they trickled through over the weeks. Infact, during that I know people who were saying 'Yer, I might just complain for the hell of it now'.

But, the real question here is 'will one Brand and Russell get the sachs for this?'

Sorry if that had already been done but I couldn't resist it :D

Can't believe this was headline news on Sky last night with the presenter getting all het up that 10000 people had complained, with the number of complaints increasing as the 'story' unfolded. The question I have is how many people who complained actually listened to the broadcast, which admittedly was a juvenile and puerile attempt at humour.

In the same day that we had BP announcing record profits, the forthcoming American election and the financial 'crisis' happening, this being the headline news on Sky, plus probably main news on other channels, shows how we as a nation have become obsessed by celebrity culture and are dumbing down regarding the important political/social issues of the day.

Edited by doublesaint
dumbed down, can't spell

The BBC stated last night that in the 24 hour period following the broadcast of the show they received 2 complaints. It's a media driven story, that many sad muppets have fallen for.

It's family... Laugh my ar*e off. When you are abusing a chosen footballer, a policeman, Gordon Brown, they have family too... but that's different isn't it???

And without it being broadcast they could have rung AS and apologised for their childish behaviour and felt a bit ashamed. AS could have then decided if he wanted to make a complaint. He doesn't have that luxury now as the whole of the UK are doing it for him, whether they listened to the calls or not.

Thats the thing. Your now going into ifs and whats.

If it wasn't broadcast would have they apologised themselves without prompting from the BBC after Sachs makes a complaint?

Don't me get wrong what they did wasn't funny in my book and they acted like idiots. But it has been blown out of all proportion now by the media and some OTT reactions.

Should they get sacked as some papers/people are suggesting? IMO no.

In hindsight, the best recourse would have been the BBC giving them a fine/warning. This along with being ashamed for what they did would have been enough.

Sadly all the attention on them is only going to have the opposite effect and they will lap it up.

I think that the complaints commission should only take it seriously if both Sachs and his granddaughter make a complaint. Other than that, I can't understand why the public feel the need to be offended on their behalf, and quite how much publicity the whole thing is getting.

The only problem I have got with it is that it was supposed to be entertainment but is probably one of the least funny things I have ever heard. Ross used to be quite funny (on the radio anyway) but for the life of me I cannot understand how Russell Bland got a job on Radio 2 when his 'humour' (I use the term loosely) would be far more suited to CBeebies. It would be more like his intellectual level.

The complaining public, to some extent, are like lemmings, and politicians and the rest of the media are jumping on a 'let's knock the BBC again' bandwagon.

I didn't listen so I don't know if it was offensive / funny. I don't have strong views either way about Brand and Ross.

But if the Daily Mail and its ilk get its way, we'll have censorship and that's a slippery slope.

I didn't listen, and so don't have an opinion on what happened. That doesn't seem to have stopped thousands of other people from complaining though.

Precisely. I think a lot of people who dislike Brand & Ross have taken this as a chance to stick the knife in. I would be surprised if 25% of the reported 10,000 complaints were from people who actually listened!

Ok, they made a mistake, it is not appropriate to talk about someone's family, however, they have sincerely apologised and know they are in the wrong. Give them a wrap on the knuckles and a fine and let it be the end of it.

maybe people did not listen at the time but once they did see/hear they did complain after..

1000 posts strong for you TDD...

I agree, I think a lot of people have probably heard the news and logged onto youtube or something similar to hear it and then gone onto complain.

However, I think people who have done this are as BTF has said, lemmings. Or they hate Brand/Ross so much that they went out of their way to listen to it and complain.

I have not heard it, and TBF, I have no urge to listen to it. Im sure its not very funny and I know in essence what its about and what is said. However, they have apologised and I feel to need to complain.

Surely the longer this goes on, the more embarrassing it will be for Sachs? It's everywhere, from television to newspapers, and Brand and Ross are getting a huge amount of publicity from it.

I'm sure Sachs is going to love reading every newspaper or watching every news report to find out that Brand has had his slutty granddaughter.

I didn't listen, as I'm simply not interested, but I can gauge pretty accurately the sort of stuff Brand and Ross would do [which incidentally is why I wouldn't be interested]. The problem isn't the material in itself. It's the context in which it is done. The blokes themselves are moderately talented comedic style presenters. I've been known to laugh with both of them, but I've also been left switching off the TV or radio. The fact is, they broadcast material which they might have considered might have been offnesive to the people they were directing it at. Their own internal moral conscienses, should have brought them up short. Hang on... this isn't going to be right. We shouldn't be about to doing this. This could seriously offend someone and a family...

And that's the point isn't it..? WE all have a our own moral compass. It informs us of what is right and what is wrong. There is a point we do not go beyond. And when it comes to hurting other people mentally and physically, we could all say... would I willingly want this to happen to me..? And if the answer is in anyway shape or form, NO, then perhaps we shouldn't do what we're about to do.

Both Brand and Ross [and all these comedic presenters, yes, you too Graham Norton] need to do a bit of a rethink of how they respect and treat the people around them. They are exhibiting a convenient disregard for other people for the purposes of entertainment. It's practically a form of bullying, and while there will be people who wonder what the hell others are complaining about, they need to think the repercussions through. Sadly, this complete disregard is very prevalent in today's society, in all walks of life. Brand and Ross are just the TV/Radio face of it.