Leon Crouch-What Is He Doing Now!?!

dannysfc

What it says in the title really as Does anyone on here know what he is doing now as I was

at the game on Sunday and as I was waiting for the Man U team to turn up I saw walking

past me was Leon Crouch with his wife and am just seeing that whether anyone knows

what he is up to now!?!

Thoughts!?!

Thanks!

COYR!!! :D

He was much criticised for his participation with L**e in the desperate weeks leading to administration, but for me he is the man who stepped up and rescued the first Ted Bates statue debacle, and funded the brilliant and very popular statue we have today.

A friend of mine passed on a story about him not so long ago. No reason to doubt it. Crouch carved up my friend's friend on a carriageway going into Southampton, caused a bad accident. Wrote said friend of a friend's car off. Crouch offered to buy him a brand new and much better car, knowing full well he was responsible and likely to get done for driving without due care and attention or dangerous driving, should the friend of a friend say he wanted him prosecuted.

Hope he's doing well - he invested and lost a lot of cash and supported the club in its hour of need - I always had an issue with the percieved naivity in the wild spending in the CCC and in some of the odd baordroom appointments - so not a fan of his running of the club, but i cant fault his intentions or the honorable in which he conducted himself with respect to the stature, funding the club, and to be honest I suspect he probably knew pinnacle was doomed, but as it wa sthe only show in town at the time cant fault him for trying to help and funding their exclusivity. Time always makes us more balanced in thes eissues, and frankly I am quite embarrased now about some of the issues and concerns I expressed about him at the time - If I ever met him, I would be more than happy to shake his hand and apologise. I guess it was a naturally 'angry' time and I was probably not the only one who made sweeping judgements and held unnecessary prejudices about those involved, be they Lowe, Wilde or Crouch.

Thankfully times have chnaged and we have moved on, and but for a few suspicious odd balls, we seem pretty united now that the ownershoip and direction is in safe hands, even if some of the ploicies are perhaps less fan friendly than some would like - we should remember what most said at the time, that ultimately, its what happens on teh pitch by which we should judge those in stewardship of the club.

Hope he's doing well - he invested and lost a lot of cash and supported the club in its hour of need - I always had an issue with the percieved naivity in the wild spending in the CCC and in some of the odd baordroom appointments - so not a fan of his running of the club' date=' [b']but i cant fault his intentions or the honorable in which he conducted himself with respect to the stature, funding the club, and to be honest I suspect he probably knew pinnacle was doomed, but as it wa sthe only show in town at the time cant fault him for trying to help and funding their exclusivity.[/b] Time always makes us more balanced in thes eissues, and frankly I am quite embarrased now about some of the issues and concerns I expressed about him at the time - If I ever met him, I would be more than happy to shake his hand and apologise. I guess it was a naturally 'angry' time and I was probably not the only one who made sweeping judgements and held unnecessary prejudices about those involved, be they Lowe, Wilde or Crouch.

Thankfully times have chnaged and we have moved on, and but for a few suspicious odd balls, we seem pretty united now that the ownershoip and direction is in safe hands, even if some of the ploicies are perhaps less fan friendly than some would like - we should remember what most said at the time, that ultimately, its what happens on teh pitch by which we should judge those in stewardship of the club.

My sentiments entirely. Not many people, rich or poor, would put a pile of their own cash into the club knowing that there was realistically no chance of seeing it again.

And it's brilliant to see he is still a regular supporter and didn't feel cast out.

My sentiments entirely. Not many people, rich or poor, would put a pile of their own cash into the club knowing that there was realistically no chance of seeing it again.

And it's brilliant to see he is still a regular supporter and didn't feel cast out.

I am a fan of Crouch and will always be grateful he stumped up the 500k that was needed for the club to survive. I do suspect however, it was done in away that he was covered (As in got in back when the takeover went through).

I saw Crouch standing outside the City Ground with his daughter just before the last game before we went into League 1. For no reason I felt overwhelmed to go and shake him by the hand and thank him for all he had tried to do. It made me feel better anyway even if he thought 'who was that knob?'

A friend of mine passed on a story about him not so long ago. No reason to doubt it. Crouch carved up my friend's friend on a carriageway going into Southampton, caused a bad accident. Wrote said friend of a friend's car off. Crouch offered to buy him a brand new and much better car, knowing full well he was responsible and likely to get done for driving without due care and attention or dangerous driving, should the friend of a friend say he wanted him prosecuted.

No reason to doubt it other than the total lack of basis in reality. The opinion of your 'friend's friend' would be irrelevant as to whether he's prosecuted or not, the Police/CPS make that decision. There is no such thing as 'pressing charges' in this country. And by doing the above, both of them would commit a host of offences up to and probably including Fraud and Perverting the Course of Justice.

No reason to doubt it other than the total lack of basis in reality. The opinion of your 'friend's friend' would be irrelevant as to whether he's prosecuted or not, the Police/CPS make that decision. There is no such thing as 'pressing charges' in this country. And by doing the above, both of them would commit a host of offences up to and probably including Fraud and Perverting the Course of Justice.

As someone who has been involved in the exact same scenario, allow me to correct you.

When an accident of that nature happens, the victim is required to fill out a report which at one point asks 'Do you think driver that is believed to have caused the incident should be prosecuted?' or something along those lines. In my case, I received a phone call from the police a few weeks later after they had investigated the accident I was involved in, saying that because it had been the opinion of the victim that I should be prosecuted, I would be in court facing up to driving without due care and attention. The rationale for that was that the victim had suffered an injury. Obviously were I to be prosecuted, her case for compensation would have been strengthened.

Or would you care to challenge what actually happened to me with your expert legal mind?

As for Leon Crouch, back to the thread, it has been said without him our club would no longer exist. Plus, we have the Ted Bates statue. I have only good things to say when you think of him in those terms.

Or would you care to challenge what actually happened to me with your expert legal mind?

Sure. Either your recollection isn't quite correct, or whichever Police Officer phoned you and told you that should lose his/her job. I presume they didn't put that in writing at any stage?

It has nothing to do with having an 'expert legal mind', and everything to do with the DPP's Guidance.

A charging decision is made on an evidential basis, based on 1) whether there is a realistic prospect of conviction and 2) whether it is in the public interest. Why on earth would the opinion of any lay person, with no training or experience in the law in question, have any bearing on whether there was a realistic prospect of conviction or not? "Public interest" doesn't mean the interest of one member of the public, it means the public as a whole.

3.8 Application of the Full Code Test

In any case where the charging decision is to be made, and the

information required to be considered under Paragraph 7.2 (below) of

this Guidance is available for review, the standard to be applied in

reaching the charging decision will be the Full Test under the Code for

Crown Prosecutors: namely (following a review of the evidential

material provided) that there is enough evidence to provide a realistic

prospect of conviction and that it is in the public interest to proceed.

Road Traffic offences are (almost exclusively) offences against the Crown, not a person. Careless/Dangerous Driving certainly it. So whilst the wishes of the victim in the case of, for example, an assault, might have *some influence*, but not dictate, the decision-making process (usually in regards to the disposal method, rather than the decision to charge or not), in the case of a Road Traffic matter other motorists are 'just' witnesses, and their opinions on whether a prosecution should go ahead or not are largely irrelevant.

Edited by stu0x

Sure. Either your recollection isn't quite correct, or whichever Police Officer phoned you and told you that should lose his/her job. I presume they didn't put that in writing at any stage?

It has nothing to do with having an 'expert legal mind', and everything to do with the DPP's Guidance.

I can only tell you what happened, and I have! The police did not believe it should go any further, I was told the victim of the accident (whom I did not even collide with) recommended that I should be prosecuted and later I was in Aldershot magistrate's court.

I saw Crouch standing outside the City Ground with his daughter just before the last game before we went into League 1. For no reason I felt overwhelmed to go and shake him by the hand and thank him for all he had tried to do. It made me feel better anyway even if he thought 'who was that knob?'
I doubt he thought you were a knob. I bet he was chuffed that you took the trouble. I'd do the same I think.

A charging decision is made on an evidential basis, based on 1) whether there is a realistic prospect of conviction and 2) whether it is in the public interest. Why on earth would the opinion of any lay person, with no training or experience in the law in question, have any bearing on whether there was a realistic prospect of conviction or not? "Public interest" doesn't mean the interest of one member of the public, it means the public as a whole.

Road Traffic offences are (almost exclusively) offences against the Crown, not a person. Careless/Dangerous Driving certainly it. So whilst the wishes of the victim in the case of, for example, an assault, might have *some influence*, but not dictate, the decision-making process (usually in regards to the disposal method, rather than the decision to charge or not), in the case of a Road Traffic matter other motorists are 'just' witnesses, and their opinions on whether a prosecution should go ahead or not are largely irrelevant.

ONLY on SWF can someone start a thread on how a ex director is doing & get this type of egotistical crap in a post really demonstrating how far the keyboard warrior has come in this internet age!!

ONLY on SWF can someone start a thread on how a ex director is doing & get this type of egotistical crap in a post really demonstrating how far the keyboard warrior has come in this internet age!!

Thanks for your valuable opinion. Here was me thinking keyboard warriors were people who post to threads with the sole purpose of attacking other posters. Kind of like how you just did. But I'm not really interested in arguing the toss with you, so whatever.

I was at a wedding reception at his house last saturday didnt manage to talk to him really (free bar is dangerous) but he did tell me and a couple others who were loitering not to go skinny dipping in his pool.

Overheard one of the other guests saying that he has lost his corporate box

Saw loads of saints shirts and posters etc through the window of his bar and its obvious he is a saints man thru and thru.

As others have said he was there when saints needed him.

My Great Uncle is very close friends with Leon Crouch. Knows alot about his sacrifices during our struggling seasons, Leon put around £2.5 million into the club to stop us going into administration in 2008 and also around £300,000 to keep us going when we were in administration. All his own money that he knew he would never get back. apparently he is one of very few people who does get reductions from Cortese for tickets, he might even get them for free. (im not sure)

My Great Uncle is very close friends with Leon Crouch. Knows alot about his sacrifices during our struggling seasons, Leon put around £2.5 million into the club to stop us going into administration in 2008 and also around £300,000 to keep us going when we were in administration. All his own money that he knew he would never get back. apparently he is one of very few people who does get reductions from Cortese for tickets, he might even get them for free. (im not sure)

Dont tell Matty :eek:

• 2 years later...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/13611494.Saints_ex_chairman_donates___3k_for_surgery_to_help_toddler_take_first_steps/

FORMER Saints chairman Leon Crouch has donated almost £4,000 to an appeal launched to enable a Hampshire toddler take his first steps.

Vicki Mills is raising £50,000 to help her three-year-old son James, who needs a life-changing operation followed by an extensive course of physiotherapy.

Mr Crouch’s donation to the Daily Echo-backed appeal means she now has more than enough money for pay for the actual surgery.

Vicki, of Hythe, was overcome with emotion after learning of his generosity.

She said: “We check the James’s JustGiving page a couple of times a day and noticed that Mr Crouch had donated £3,000, plus £750 gift aid.

“His contribution to the fund has taken us over the amount we need for the surgery and has really put our minds at ease.

“Apparently he saw a newspaper story about James and was really moved by his story.

“I started welling up as soon as I saw Mr Crouch’s comment and I’ve only just stopped crying.

“I can’t thank him enough for the wonderful thing he’s done. It’s an incredibly kind gesture that needs to be acknowledged.”

While he was'nt the right man for the board during those bad times, he was the right man at the right time to help the club through the worst times by his generosity and love of the club.

Like everyone else who has commented, we will always be thankful to him.

Nice one Mr Crouch.

Does he still attend games? He used to have a box, not sure now.

Saw him in the car park at M&S in Lymington said hello and he said he still went to games................. after what he did for the club more importantly the staff can anyone see him staying away.

• 3 years later...