Eye Fone 5

Pilchards

Thes baby's were were its at - still have it in a draw somewhere - interestingly the arial officially did feck all was just to look good and important :lol:

microtacII.jpg

Thos ewho dont like Apple can say what they like, but should acknowledge that froma design, innovation and ease of use perspective, theyhave always been at the forefront of technology... samsung, nokia etc may now be better technologically in some opinion, but the style and concept is a clone of Apples original ideas..

Thos ewho dont like Apple can say what they like' date=' but should acknowledge that froma design, innovation and ease of use perspective, theyhave always been at the forefront of technology... samsung, nokia etc may now be better technologically in some opinion, but the style and concept is a clone of Apples original ideas..[/quote']

I honestly think that with the loss of Jobs that will now change. He already had to come back out of retirement once to steer the ideological ship back on course. Unfortunately he really isn't the messiah (whatever some fanboys might think) and so it isn't really an option this time round...

The new iPhone seems to have precious little by way of true innovation and seems to concentrate more on evolutionary steps that will make little/no compelling difference to a prospective new target customer. And of course simultaneously has the one big change (the dock) that will royally hack off a lot of existing customers.

I've had iPhones for my last three handsets now and have 'converted' a fair few people onto them. I was eagerly awaiting the 5 launch, but now I think I'll swap to a sim-only deal and wait until I see what the full Win8 Nokias are looking like.

I honestly think that with the loss of Jobs that will now change. He already had to come back out of retirement once to steer the ideological ship back on course. Unfortunately he really isn't the messiah (whatever some fanboys might think) and so it isn't really an option this time round...

The new iPhone seems to have precious little by way of true innovation and seems to concentrate more on evolutionary steps that will make little/no compelling difference to a prospective new target customer. And of course simultaneously has the one big change (the dock) that will royally hack off a lot of existing customers.

I've had iPhones for my last three handsets now and have 'converted' a fair few people onto them. I was eagerly awaiting the 5 launch, but now I think I'll swap to a sim-only deal and wait until I see what the full Win8 Nokias are looking like.

Fair points, the doc being a biggy - although I daresay it will be about 10mins before someone has lanched a simple converter to allow the 5 to b placed in all 3/4 doc situations... but I guess that is ahrdly the point.

The clever thing about Apple has been they invented markets - I remmeber the Ipad launch and the consensus was it was pretty pointless...yet... time will tell as to whether without Jobs, Apple will still have the will power to take these risks that create new markets rather than responding to perceived market need or 'gaps' in the traditional sense.

And there was me thinking people can buy what they want, based on their own opinion, without being critisised......

Dont wory about it - goes back to a decison by Jobs NOT to let Microsoft and Bill gates licence the the Apple OS/GUI yonks ago (itself conceptually 'copied' from Xerox Park) - and for years not making the OS code available to more than a select 'creative' set of developers - so all the MS geeks got a tad pished off....

Think Apple also recognised that the majority of Home Computer users are not interested in opening up the insides and fiddling with cards and memory etc, and are greatly influenced by the design asthetic and you cant fault Apple on that score - they are were also always easier to use for the layman - more intuitive...remember the green screen MS DOS machines and C prompts anyone...hidous things despite doing the job and being far cheaper...

I find people mocking apple fanatics are as bad as apple fanatics now. Both groups bore you to death. Call them sheep because you chose a phone only 500 million people had instead. Well done. I have an iphone because I knew how to use it and didn't want to spend any time thinking about what phone to get. I have hardly any apps and don't especially care what make it is. I'm not quite sure why anyone would want to express themselves through their phone.

Well I guess talking through it might be useful, or a txt maybe? ;)

Actually I find it funny at my age to see how all the younger folks want the most up to date gadget and

how they swap from phone to phone. I confess to posting to have a bit of a laugh I don't intend to be

spiteful and as attacking others choices.

I don't care if my phone is out of fashion, doesn't do what these iPhones or Samsung or whatever can do

as all I want is a phone that makes and receives calls and text messages. The rest is totally un-needed by

myself and is also much cheaper. This last point is very important :D

Fair points' date=' the doc being a biggy - although I daresay it will be about 10mins before someone has lanched a simple converter to allow the 5 to b placed in all 3/4 doc situations... but I guess that is ahrdly the point.[/quote']

Oh of course, no doubt within a couple of weeks or so eBay will be awash with grey market copy adapters for about a fiver. but even so, at a quick count in my head, I personally have 6 existing charging cables and 3 existing dock devices scattered around various places, and I don't think I'm by any means unusual in that regard.

So I'm still left with the choice of either spending an additional 50 quid or so to get an adapter for each, just so I can use my existing devices (and which doesn't even solve the problem of using other people's devices/cables), or to have to carry an adapter round with me all the time, which will invariably either get forgotten or lost.

Plus as soon as you add an adapter into the mix you are going to get fit issues with legacy devices, worst case scenario the phone wont dock correctly and they aren't going to work, best case scenario it will look ugly as the phone is precariously balanced on an extra little block of plastic.

The thing is, the ubiquitousness of the dock currently is a massive plus point for many. When my contract was up I seriously considered swapping to an Android device, but eventually decided that the (definite) cost savings and (arguable) flexibility benefits weren't worth the hassle in losing the dock and replacing all my chargers, docked devices etc. now iPhone 5 comes along and not only does it remove that crucial benefit, it actually turns it on its head and makes it *easier* to swap to a micro-USB device than changing to a completely new, but still entirely proprietary, connector.

Why does anyone want an iPhone over a Galaxy S2 or S3 ?

Much inferior product. Much worse battery endurance. Awful.

And after Apple have behaved recently in the Californian courts, I am never purchasing one of their products again.

Apple shares will tumble at this devastating news.

Out of curiosity I had a look on GiffGaffs site and lo and behold there is a whole consultation going on about changing pricing. Looks like they want to hike their prices by 30% for those currently using their £10 good bag, or alternatively restrict data use to 750MB for the same group.