Need help with name of a bar (now For Your Eyes Only)

um pahars

Definitely bar med. I gave Mrs Turkish a black eye in there one night when I jumped in the air to celebrate Shearers goal v Germany in Euro 2000. My bottle of beer flew out of my hand totally by accident and hit her on the cheekbone, she was about 5 metres away. I'd never have done if I meant to do it. Didn't stop her getting loads of questions that Monday about 'if it was the first time he'd done that sort of thing' :facepalm:

http://www.mytravelguide.com/restaurants/profile-101630713-United_Kingdom_Southampton_Caf_Soleil.html

Café Soleil

137 High Street, Southampton, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 2380 22 4911

This friendly café, tucked behind Bar Med, is perfect for popping in for a coffee, a spot of breakfast or for a light snack, with a menu that includes toasted sandwiches and jacket potatoes. With a handcrafted interior, it has a distinctly art deco, bohemian look. You can sit at hand-painted tables or watch the world go by on sofas overlooking the high street.

Bar Med, those were the days, remember seeing Jimmy Case in there one Saturday evening.

Linked to Southampton nightlife, anyone heard of Reflex having closed on Saturday and being replaced by "Pop World" in 2 weeks?

And something called "Voodoo Lounge" opening tomorrow evening, on the site of Chicagos/Ocean & Collins/Bliss etc?

Reflex closed on Tuesday night and is indeed being refurbished and reopening as Pop World.

The old 'Chicago Rock' has been called Voodoo Lounge for some time- probably the best part of 18mths or so.

The FYEO site was indeed named Below Bar before Bar Med too. I 'm glad someone else is as old as me to be able to remember!!

Reflex closed on Tuesday night and is indeed being refurbished and reopening as Pop World.

The old 'Chicago Rock' has been called Voodoo Lounge for some time- probably the best part of 18mths or so.

The FYEO site was indeed named Below Bar before Bar Med too. I 'm glad someone else is as old as me to be able to remember!!

I always thought it was called Bar Below :blush:

The Cenos, Lizard Lounge, Fez Bar, Orange Rooms, Rhino era was superb, all the helmets used to go to places like Yates and Chicago Rock and leave the decent places top of town and Bedord Place to us. Now with thst place that used to be Cenos, Varsity there and a junk trying and failing to be what the Rhino it seems no where is safe to escape the bulbs in Southampton.

The Cenos, Lizard Lounge, Fez Bar, Orange Rooms, Rhino era was superb, all the helmets used to go to places like Yates and Chicago Rock and leave the decent places top of town and Bedord Place to us. Now with thst place that used to be Cenos, Varsity there and a junk trying and failing to be what the Rhino it seems no where is safe to escape the bulbs in Southampton.

Think you mean Centro. Now The White House, Lee Barnard's favourite hangout.

So whereabouts might you be found on a night out in town these days Turkish?

Wasn't Below bar across the road?? Maybe where Lidls is now?

No, it was where FYEO is now.

Lidls used to be Brannigans (a complete hole). It was boarded up and empty for ages from around 1993ish, not long after a 'one punch, fall back, hit head and die' incident.

Centros, yes. Was decent back in the day.

This was my top first date, quiet weeknight drink spot. It was all chill out music and black leather sofas. Around the point I left Southampton it became something terrible, all white and commercial. I know the girl responisible for this as she used to go out with my mate. She should be shot.

Reflex is still the same company but sticking to 80s music is becoming harder and harder for the to attract people in. So now they'll be doing 90s & 2000s too. Terrible new paint job they've had though.

Voodoo has been there for a while since Chilli Whites lost their licence.

Southampton is getting much better as a night out, you lot are just getting old.