Pro Evo 2013

saintrich

Due to the lockdown on the picture import facility for PES on the 360, I haven't bought it since 2008. Short of me getting a PS3 (not going to happen), it'll need a rethink from MS before I buy another one too.

Do you use the picture import to create players?

I want to have my Saints team looking correct - but is there not a patch for that?

used to buy it when it was better than fifa, but they havnt done a decent game on this generation if consoles.

when's the demo out?

Demo is already out . The game is released tomorrow.

Do you use the picture import to create players?

I want to have my Saints team looking correct - but is there not a patch for that?

Demo is already out . The game is released tomorrow.

I haven't so much as looked at it since 2008 (PES 2009) and that particularly horrible version. From being completely anal about every detail of it back in 2008 including how to work around importing badges etc via a memory card and or Xsata etc I now don't even know if you can do that, but to be honest I used to create faces using the in-game editor much more accurately anyway.

It's not even player appearance editing any more, it's kits and badges, and the limited stadium config compared to the PS3 version where you can change all the adboards, directly import shirts and badges without endless faffing, etc.

Haven't even downloaded the demo yet, same for FIFA. Haven't actually played a game on it since Jan 1st and that was a New Year's Eve party Kinect thing.

As for "patch", if you mean memory card download, there's usually one (but there used to be and maybe still is all that faffing with the code so MS can ensure you're not cheating with achievements, etc. Also, I can usually do better than the people who put those together, and not being able to import PART of an Option File was a massive pain in the bum last time I wasted any time on it.

Long and short of it, I'd play PES if I thought I could genuinely recreate teams accurately in their own, accurate stadiums with the right ads and badges etc. I barely used to play the game other than a "Tournoi" every 6 months at my old flat anyway, and I stopped doing that in 2006... couldn't care less about the licensing as long as it doesn't restrict the editing.

Just had a look at a PES 2013 edit mode video (presumably from PS3 as it had lots of "import data" fields on the menus). Blimey, stadium edits aside it hasn't changed much in the past 5 years, has it ?

I utterly hate the lack of boot editing as well, they managed to put it into the PS2 WE10 version (still the best PES for editing, even now), the licenses are the only thing stopping them doing that - and I can't stand that you're stuck with the ugly current 3 months' worth of boot choices too, or the crappy WE boots.

jus played the demo and from my initial thoughts, having played both, this is more fun. Im not gonna rush out n buy either, but if I had the choice id go with pes this year.

the football looks more realistic, the ball takes tiny nicks off players, crosses still squirm through occasionally when blocked, and crosses actually pick a man out.

some flaws too tho, players move into space/good positions for a easy pass but means wingers dont run for the through ball as much, keepers seem to be a bit suspect too, and player likenesses are pretty ****.

I got a copy today and have played a couple of hours on it and have to say it is by far the best PES of this generation. It is getting back to where it used to be and there have been some very decent improvements this year. The speed of the game feels right, the jostling and pushing each other off the ball feels right. Weight of passes feels right and the AI has been hugely improved. However there are still a lot of things wrong with it.

Heading is strange, the ball doesn't fly up in the air it sort of goes a meter in front or to the side downwards. Which is annoying if you punt it up field and try and flick it on.

Shooting is still baloon style in that the slightest tap of shoot = ball sky rocketing. There is little finese to it and is very frustrating.

Tackling is still retarded. You do a sliding tackle and win the ball fair = yellow card. The ref playing on is also stupid as when you run past the defender and get fouled even though your through one on one he will pull it back...

And the main one is the fluidity of the actual game. It stutters now and then which is really annoying. It seems to happen when the ball is passed through midfield because of the amount of players there. There also seems to still be some input lag at times.

Overall I really like the game but the stop start style is still not on par with the fluidity and play abaility of Fifa. The Fifa vs Pro Evo battle will go on forever and people will argue what is best. But if you not tried Pro Evo for awhile you should give it a go as its actually really good. But when you go back to having a go at the fifa demo after playing it you notice just how refined the demo is, the little details that keep you in control of what you do.

This will be the last fifa/pes this generation and I think they end it pretty close. I imagine next gen footie games are going to be even more amazing!

Not sure why I'd be excited about either game on next gen when judging by the last time we advanced a generation PES regressed for 2 years and graphics aside is barely better than it was on PS2. FIFA at least is much better now than the useless crap it was until FIFA09, but that wasn't saying much.

Quality :-) sounds great. is ramirez in the saints squad ?

No, but he's in the Bologna one. Yoshida's in Japan, Mayuka is number 20 in Zambia with a PES name, and Clyne is nowhere to be found (same goes for Gazzaniga or Chambers)!

We do still have Sharp, Forecast, Hammond and Harding though, so there's editing potential there.

What I have been up to on the Pes editing front since last time I posted:

Updated the Saints transfers, added Gazzaniga and Clyne from scratch, used face import for about 1/4 of the squad, updated the formation, and imported someone's Option File to get all major league kits reasonably accurate- doesn't seem to have any international teams done though so have drawn and uploaded Wales H and A plus a green and black Wales GK shirt (used the green as their away kit is black).

Decided Saints designated away (white) is as useless in the game as it is in real life, so have instead imported a shirt front for the yellow shirt (which has a natty blue collar piece built in, as IRL). Also used an existing Blackburn Umbro GK kit as a tenplate for both black and purple Saints GK shirts - without the weird round and V collars (so far) but with logos correct and in the right places.

In addition, I've created St Mary's. It's pretty awesome but I am still working on it...

Edited by The9

With St Mary's you can get a decent replica just using Stadium type 1 all around the ground and that's not bad - obviously turn off the running track, use a square edged pitch and use the brown outer or the 2 lane track surround and you're maybe 80% there. But you can tweak for realism.

So far, I've created about 10 different types of black "official Saints" black ads to run along the front walls of the stands, which, as in the ground, plug twitter, Facebook, halo events, the OS plus Saints Player. You can only use 4, one for each stand front wall, but it looks great.

In addition, the sad muppet I am, I took a pic of the inside of the roof at today's match and having cleaned it up and cut and pasted it for uniformity, that now sits on the underside of each edited stand. I have just realised I can differentiate the Chapel by adding clear panels to the front of that roof design... So I will.

Also, using model 1 means the wall pattern appear at the back of the stand too - but you can edit fencing and import new styles for those, and I'm looking at a way to block the view of the back ads by putting a wall or false back panel on the stands - or in the Itchen, a load of fake corporate boxes instead.

Will see how that goes... If it looks decent ill start uploading png image files for anyone who has PS3 PES 2013 or a few player import images, etc.

Still peeved they've removed the Prem shirt number lookalikes though.

Edited by The9

Fwiw I base copied Hilario for Gazzaniga and Rafael for Clyne. Changed appearances though, was a real wrench to lose Rafael's hair in the end when he became Clyne...

I'll get some pics uploaded at some point, I usually do.

Edited by The9

Well, I had some "fun" yesterday mucking about with the stadium editing fencing options and worked out I could overlay two different advert designs on the front of the stand by alternating the transparency - but then having come to this exciting conclusion and tested it successfully I also worked out that if you did that then none of the fonts on the ad boards would look the right size, so I've stuck with the original plan of an adboard per stand.

I'm also trying very hard to recreate the perspex boards at the back of each stand (which is tricky because the image needs to block out the ad boards running along the back, but also doesn't reach the top of the stand and leaves a genuine gap). I've used red for the back of the Chapel to help give the impression of the disabled bit in the middle of it.

As it is, I've now imported :

A 6 panel off-white underside ceiling pattern for Northam, Kingsland and Itchen

A 4 panel off-white ceiling pattern for Chapel, with perspex-effect panels at the front

A 2D "lighting and speaker rig" for 4 stands along the front of the roof (though the model ignores this and shows the lights coming from the top of the stand)

Perspex backboards for the Northam and Kingsland

Red Wall backboard for the Chapel

"Corporate Boxes" for the back of the Itchen along with 2 rows of corporate seats !

4 x Transparent "fencing" to remove the fences along the front of each stand

4 x different adverts around the front wall of the stands :

Kingsland : http://www.halo-ce.co.uk

Itchen : http://www.twitter.com/officialsaints

Northam : http://www.facebook.com/officialsaints

Chapel : http://www.saintsfc.co.uk Player

In addition, the coup de grace : A mahoosive big rusted metal gas container towering over the rear of the Northam and Albion Towers peering over the Chapel end of the Kingsland, thanks to the power of the 360 image wrap around the ground and some judicious cut and pasting.

Oh, and I've finally got around to image mapping Ramirez and Gazzaniga's faces and changing our shirt number font to something generic. Still lost to bloody West Ham and Norwich last night though, I should spend more time playing and less time editing. :)