Living and Working in Japan

Crab Lungs

Hello chums

Just wondered if any of you have had the opportunity to do so? I'm assuming "Tokyos" (as Bearsy calls him) has, but has anyone else? What are your experiences of Japan? I'd be very interested to know!

Thanks in advance :)

Never been but got three friends who've lived and worked there for between 3 months and three years. All loved it despite two being sent their by their companies and not being that keen initially.

I did five years in Japan, still got a Japanese wife and child. It's great - I loved it and hope to go back to live one day.

Pro's: safe, clean, everyone is very polite, everything works flawlessly, food is good, easy to travel within Japan. And the girls are beautiful.

Con's: expensive (still), isolated geographically, Japanese is hard to learn

Your experiences to some extent will depend on your salary - an English teacher making 200k yen/month isn't going to lead an extravagant life but a corporate expat deal with housing allowance, health insurance, flights home etc will see a different aspect of Japan.

Where you are stationed is obviously key too - Tokyo vs Hokkaido is a similar comparison to London vs. Perth in Scotland.

Turkish knows where I live, how sweet. Does this mean you might be jumping in your old BMW soon to drive up here and try to sell me a printer?

I Don't sell hardware mush, no wonga in it. I sell consumables, by phone, to the trade. I'm single handedly raising the economy. Consumable sales people are saving this country. We are the war veterans of the 10s.We are the MBEs of the future. When we get out of recession Dave will look at our sales figures and we'll be invited for tea and MBEs with the Queen for services to the economy.

Edited by Turkish

I know mate. You told me before it was paper and printer cartridges and stuff, just joking to make you sound better.

Truth time now - have you ever said to a customer "who does your tampons?" If not that is your mission for today. Apart from saving the western world that is.

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

Sound better? What are you saying FFS? I've got a brilliant job. You ignorant ones have no understand what putting the wrong thickness of paper into a photocopier can do to the copy quality. It's a technical job FFS

No. But we've got an in joke in the trade. We try to say the word 'would' as many times in conversation as possible. Coz obviously it sounds like wood which is where paper comes from. So it's things like 'would you believe it, this paper would be twice as expensive tomorrow if you don't buy it today' 'would I rip you off?'

We are really are very funny in our trade. They should do a fly on the wall series about us.

Sound better? What are you saying FFS? I've got a brilliant job. You ignorant ones have no understand what putting the wrong thickness of paper into a photocopier can do to the copy quality. It's a technical job FFS

No. But we've got an in joke in the trade. We try to say the word 'would' as many times in conversation as possible. Coz obviously it sounds like wood which is where paper comes from. So it's things like 'would you believe it, this paper would be twice as expensive tomorrow if you don't buy it today' 'would I rip you off?'

We are really are very funny in our trade. They should do a fly on the wall series about us.

What a guy! More of a laid back entertainer than a paper salesman.

A series about photocopiers? Lots of repeats presumably?

as a photocopier salesman I guess your next rung up the ladder is trying to acquire a football club

Exactly. It's natural progression. I will succeed where Mark Jackson failed and it won't be long before you're all singing

Turkey woooh woooh

He's comes from Shirley

He respects our history

I did five years in Japan, still got a Japanese wife and child. It's great - I loved it and hope to go back to live one day.

Pro's: safe, clean, everyone is very polite, everything works flawlessly, food is good, easy to travel within Japan. And the girls are beautiful.

Con's: expensive (still), isolated geographically, Japanese is hard to learn

Your experiences to some extent will depend on your salary - an English teacher making 200k yen/month isn't going to lead an extravagant life but a corporate expat deal with housing allowance, health insurance, flights home etc will see a different aspect of Japan.

Where you are stationed is obviously key too - Tokyo vs Hokkaido is a similar comparison to London vs. Perth in Scotland.

Whenever I perve on Japanese girls I find generally they have weird legs, kinda fat with bulky ankles and knees. Just me?