Is it me or has SWF got a bit dull?

kwsaint

Nowadays, it's just wrist-slashers and people linking articles that claim Adkins is going to be fired or the price of pies is going up to £10. Just saying.

If you don't discuss pros and cons you have no discussion - that's what forums are for......If you prefer to live in a cosseted bubble it's probably best not to sign in.....

You should have been here (well, its old school equivalent) seven or eight years ago when I first started. Back then it was full of people saying the forum had gone to the dogs and it is not surprising that the good posters don't post on it any more. Completely changed now of course.

If you think an internet forum is dull you're probably spending too much time reading it. There are only so many things you can say about a football team. This board isn't supposed to be a substitute for a social life. If you can't think of anything interesting to discuss, go and do something else in 'real life'.

Care to give examples?

My recent moan is a personal one..... 5 points from Steve for abusive "PM" is not appropriate and inconsistant

I have asked Steve on 3 seperate occasions to advise what the recipiant of my abuse recieved following 6 seperate 'public' racist accusations...... But got zero reply. Find that a bit rude

You might no better than me, but feels like infractions are easier to come by now and bans seem more common.

Guess its all down to expectations, but for me i want to have some banter on here without fear of bans or repercussions

Plus there is no appeals process for infractions or bans?

My recent moan is a personal one..... 5 points from Steve for abusive "PM" is not appropriate and inconsistant

I have asked Steve on 3 seperate occasions to advise what the recipiant of my abuse recieved following 6 seperate 'public' racist accusations...... But got zero reply. Find that a bit rude

You might no better than me, but feels like infractions are easier to come by now and bans seem more common.

Guess its all down to expectations, but for me i want to have some banter on here without fear of bans or repercussions

Plus there is no appeals process for infractions or bans?

Honestly don't believe anyone on here can't have banter without being banned or other sanctions. Infractions only get handed out when people cross the line.

Sensible Kraken head.

But the rules seem quite simple to me. The worst that can be accused of the mods is lacking in humour at times; most of the time they do a decent and needed job, if a little precious at times. But that goes with the territory. Complaining about it seems churlish really.

I got an infraction the other day. It was my first one ever.

Just saying.

I've noticed the mods go on little crusades every now and then where they'll dish out infractions like confetti at a wedding. They had one a few months back which by coincidence was around the same time they all went out for a curry. Just saying like.

Honestly don't believe anyone on here can't have banter without being banned or other sanctions. Infractions only get handed out when people cross the line.

Behave yourself. Jimmy gave me an infraction a few months back for taking the p*ss out of a comment he'd made about stamping on people's dreams. Nothinf malicous, i just started the post with 'i dont want to stamp on tour dreams....' A lot of it comes down to who the mod is and what their definition of banter is. A few are quite sensitive little souls which you can't afford to be in a position of power, such as a moderator on an Internet spaz board.

I've noticed the mods go on little crusades every now and then where they'll dish out infractions like confetti at a wedding. They had one a few months back which by coincidence was around the same time they all went out for a curry. Just saying like.

It's more to do with the fact that some people throw tantrums when they have a thread closed/post deleted/infraction handed out, which lead to several more and then (automatically) a ban.

Behave yourself. Jimmy gave me an infraction a few months back for taking the p*ss out of a comment he'd made about stamping on people's dreams. Nothinf malicous, i just started the post with 'i dont want to stamp on tour dreams....' A lot of it comes down to who the mod is and what their definition of banter is. A few are quite sensitive little souls which you can't afford to be in a position of power, such as a moderator on an Internet spaz board.

Fancy a round of golf to discuss it over?

It's more to do with the fact that some people throw tantrums when they have a thread closed/post deleted/infraction handed out, which lead to several more and then (automatically) a ban.

I think the main problem with infractions is they are totally unquestionable. Apart from one occasion where one of your chaps was pretty sound and totally changed my view of him, you rarely get s reply if you question it and if you do its usually a snotty response. Baj is the worst for the that to be honest.

Edited by Turkish

Are you inviting me for a 'chat' Chalet?!!

Just think, crisp autumn morning. Fuelled by bacon butties, we could discuss the standard of modding on TSW and the 2012/13 foam hand collection whilst striking a little white ball around an English parkland.

i think this golf thing could be great for rapport building.

Just think, crisp autumn morning. Fuelled by bacon butties, we could discuss the standard of modding on TSW and the 2012/13 foam hand collection whilst striking a little white ball around an English parkland.

i think this golf thing could be great for rapport building.

This sounds like a great idea!

How about a TSW golf day? Seriously.

Nowadays, it's just wrist-slashers and people linking articles that claim Adkins is going to be fired or the price of pies is going up to £10. Just saying.

It's been ****e for years,too nicey nicey......just like football itself,next we will all be shaking hands before starting a topic and wearing 'kick it out' t shirts.

I think the main problem with infractions is they are totally unquestionable. Apart from one occasion where one of your chaps was pretty sound and totally changed my view of him, you rarely get s reply if you question it and if you do its usually a snotty response. Baj is the worst for the that to be honest.

Not entirely true. I remember a poster on a lounge thread about drugs posting a comment which was a direct quote from Brass Eye, and got infracted by Chalet because of its content. I pointed this out, and after a bit of pedantry on the thread the poster pmailed me the next morning to say the infraction had been cancelled.

So to clarify, the way to make this forum more interesting is to take Turkish to play golf? Is this curry night part two? Are you buying Turkish's silence? I always knew he would turn cheaply but a bacon sandwich? Come on!

What's this swear filter thing? Does it mean we are not allowed to say stuff that isn't filtered out? Firstly this spoils our whole swear filter roulette game on the muppet show. Secondly, how can we be responsible for failings in the swear filter? Stop spending fivers on food and get a better filter.

So to clarify, the way to make this forum more interesting is to take Turkish to play golf? Is this curry night part two? Are you buying Turkish's silence? I always knew he would turn cheaply but a bacon sandwich? Come on!

What's this swear filter thing? Does it mean we are not allowed to say stuff that isn't filtered out? Firstly this spoils our whole swear filter roulette game on the muppet show. Secondly, how can we be responsible for failings in the swear filter? Stop spending fivers on food and get a better filter.

The whole TSW Ltd entertainment budget was blown on curry night i'm afraid, so any golf days will need to be self funding. Maybe iy could be run as a forum incentive for the most prolific and interesting posters to the earn to chance to meet a Mod at Fleming Park golf course? That'd surely encourage people do be more interesting. Maybe even get Baj and/or Steve Grant to do a TSW Q & A session after if they wanted to make it a super attractive offer.

Not entirely true. I remember a poster on a lounge thread about drugs posting a comment which was a direct quote from Brass Eye, and got infracted by Chalet because of its content. I pointed this out, and after a bit of pedantry on the thread the poster pmailed me the next morning to say the infraction had been cancelled.

To be fair, as i alluded to earlier, Chalet was pretty sound a while back when i got an infraction for saying mongboard one time too many. I did agree never to call TSW this again, so hence why it is now refered to as the spaz board.

The whole TSW Ltd entertainment budget was blown on curry night i'm afraid, so any golf days will need to be self funding. Maybe iy could be run as a forum incentive for the most prolific and interesting posters to the earn to chance to meet a Mod at Fleming Park golf course? That'd surely encourage people do be more interesting. Maybe even get Baj and/or Steve Grant to do a TSW Q & A session after if they wanted to make it a super attractive offer.

Providing BAJ doesn't bring his guitar, I'm in. This must not, repeat must not, turn into a concert for failed rock stars.

all forums are full of dicks but fair few knowledgeable people here but they are always angry places. my biggest issue is keeping pace - only dip in now and again and when see 7 pages on a post that looks interesting but so often turns into arguments from peopel who clearly have axes to grind and is trying to strip the interesting posts from the abuse.

Impressed how prolific this place is really.

Most of my posts get ignored though and i have existensial thoughts of the whole futility of it. Have that about supporting Saints as well

Would be improved if we could have IQ score, contentedness rating, job, and supporter rating based on games attended etc against each poster.

Mine 135, 7/10, IT manager, 7/10 (all home and London aways)

all forums are full of dicks but fair few knowledgeable people here but they are always angry places. my biggest issue is keeping pace - only dip in now and again and when see 7 pages on a post that looks interesting but so often turns into arguments from peopel who clearly have axes to grind and is trying to strip the interesting posts from the abuse.

Impressed how prolific this place is really.

Most of my posts get ignored though and i have existensial thoughts of the whole futility of it. Have that about supporting Saints as well

Would be improved if we could have IQ score, contentedness rating, job, and supporter rating based on games attended etc against each poster.

Mine 135, 7/10, IT manager, 7/10 (all home and London aways)

Good score Whelk, thanks for posting. I havent ignored you and i hope that makes you feel content.