Non-League Football

supersonic

Went to watch Eastleigh play Bath on Tuesday (Eastleigh won 3-1). Quite enjoyed it. Also been down to the Camrose about half a dozen times too. Used to live 100yds away from the ground of Hartley Wintney FC as well, so would go and watch them if I was in on a Saturday too.

Went to watch Windsor & Eton FC quite a bit a few years ago, then went bankrupt last year and have re-started about 4 or 5 leagues lower down.

Still go and watch when I get the time.

Its great being able to stand and watch footy and have a pint at the same time.

I watch Maidstone United a few times a season, mainly when they are away somewhere around Sussex/Surrey. They are ripping up the Ryman South this season and getting home crowds of about 1700 in their new ground.

Saw Hamble play in the FA Vase a few weeks ago. It was a terrible match enlivened only by 8 kids doing the Poznan behind the goal when Hamble scored.

Would have gone to another random local game this weekend but my Shrewsbury supporting mate got us tickets to Hereford vs Shrewsbury. Local derby, FA Cup first round on the terrace. Should be good.

I don't get to see them much any more but I still follow the fortunes of Margate FC. Having a much better this season in the Isthmian Premier League under the guidance of fan favourite manager Chris Kinnear.

When I couldn't afford a season ticket I did go to watch Nuneaton Borough and Leamington Spa a bit, nice way to fill a Saturday afternoon.

Whenever I go down to see the in-laws I try and watch Salcombe Town play in Div 5 of the South Devon Football League!:) That's proper non-league for you!

Obviously it's free to watch, the banter is terrific and actually the quality of football is surprisingly good. Last time I saw them play the game was stopped for five minutes whilst someone cleared some dog turd off the pitch....can you imagine that happening at St Mary's?!

Whenever I go down to see the in-laws I try and watch Salcombe Town play in Div 5 of the South Devon Football League!:) That's proper non-league for you!

Obviously it's free to watch, the banter is terrific and actually the quality of football is surprisingly good. Last time I saw them play the game was stopped for five minutes whilst someone cleared some dog turd off the pitch....can you imagine that happening at St Mary's?!

Some of the best games I saw when younger was through watching Colden Common FC play at the rec. No fee to get in, really friendly atmosphere, the standard at Hampshire League level is also quite respectable. The 11-0 massacres of Romsey Town also live long in the memory! No clearing dog mess though......

Have also been to see Salisbury play this season and they have ex-Saints striker Jamie White up front, banging in goals for fun again this season. He got something like 54 league goals last season for Winchester.

He was offered to Basingstoke in the summer, but they turned him down, choosing to sign another ex-Saint Jordace Holder-Spooner. I can't for the life of me think why, and probably is a major factor why they are 2nd bottom of the league.

There are some VERY good players down in BSS or even as far down as Wessex prem. Guernsey have a striker (Ross Allen) who's got 20 goals already this season