Favourite Hammond and Waigo Moment

Dig Dig

Hi all

I know that Adkins is now really rubbish and that Cortese and Reed keep sticking their nose where it isn't wanted but what is everyones favourite Hammond and Waigo moment?

I loved Deano's goal against Peterborough in that entertaining 4-4 draw and Waigos celebrations after his JPT final is my best memory of him.

COYS!!!!

Dean-Hammond-left-and-Papa-Waigo-right-Southa_2384170.jpg

Bizarre but worthy thread. For me this game sticks out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8511481.stm

Hammond scored and also setup Waigo who came on as sub, scored and did his celebration.

This game was also the debut of Alex Oxlade Chamberlain who IMO was partly the reason why Waigo wasn't kept on. He was frustrating but did used to link up especially well with Deano. From his Wife's twitter it looks like they holidayed together the summer that Waigo left.

Papa_waigo.jpg

Edited by Saint Charlie

Asdie from the obvious I'll go Waigo for the last 5 minutes at Yeovil when he played right back, right wing and up front at the same time and set up Barnard to get us a last minute win.

Hammond for his awful header from a yard at Northampton in the cup which didn't go in but was given as a goal.

Waigo @ wembley - The guy celebrated like he knew that was probably the top moment in his career. Seeing the "Waigo dance" at wembley was great!

Hammond - Goal vs Leeds at home in the 3-1 last season. Set us up for the season and a real captains display that day.

Hammond when he swore on TV after the Cov game.

Papa Waigo when he got his award for being caught offside for the 1000th time in a season.

Are you condoning proffesional soccerballists using foul and abusive language on national television Kraken? No wonder we have some many problems in the game at the moment with referees calling players monkeys* when there are sick f*cks like you around that promote this sort of behaviour.

*allegedly

Are you condoning proffesional soccerballists using foul and abusive language on national television Kraken? No wonder we have some many problems in the game at the moment with referees calling players monkeys* when there are sick f*cks like you around that promote this sort of behaviour.

*allegedly

F*cking right I am. We need to get rid of the softly spoken Adkins and replace with a proper man's man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5fwFba59lQ

imagine how our delecate little flowers that were so upset at Boruc gently throwing a bottle against the advertising boards had reacted if this had been them!

Also some interesting comments from the Supporters Association saying there was nothing wrong with the pitch invasion and it was just high spirits. You gets bans for doing that these days.

What was best about that was the lads who got slapped were all angry about it on TV; Cloughie invited them in for a meet up and clear the water and they all melted! To the extent that he literally kissed them and made up. Legend of a man, and so sad to see his slow but predictable demise.

• 3 weeks later...

Hammond lighting a smoker from outside the box v Leeds.

Waigo knocking it in off his backside to equalise v Norwich in the JPT, seconds after that big jessie Holt had a hissy fit at not getting a decision for the dive he just made to run out the clock and half the Norwich team incredulous that their talisman had not conned the ref as we charged off down the pitch like an invading horde.

• 3 months later...
Papa Waigo's late, late show v Norwich in the JPT along with his crazy, crazy goal celebrations.

This. I had my Norwich-supporting missus next to me in the Kingsland with a right moody face on. Loved it.

For Deano it has to be the long range goal he scored against Leeds on the opening day of last season - set us up for a good start.

I reckon Papa Waigo N'Diaye would have scored goals last season for us, he was a very calm finisher.

Would be interesting if he was an option now whether he would add anything.

It seemed strange for him to go through the adaptation of English football and then to be discarded.

Hammond probably has less ability than Waigo but will go down as our finest ever captain post wartime - based on skippering successive promotions.

• 1 month later...

Credit to whoever edited Waigo's wiki:

He scored his first goal for the club on 3 October 2009 in a 4–1 home win over Gillingham.[6] He celebrated with his trademark 'Waigo Dance', involving him stepping ungainly thrice, before tapping his neck twice

• 1 month later...

Perhaps both could be about to return? Waigo as part of a deal to reunite him with his playing partner Osvaldo and Hammond because he will be back for the start of pre season before being sold/loaned out.

Would be good to see both feature in at least one friendly so they can rekindle their friendship.

Perhaps both could be about to return? Waigo as part of a deal to reunite him with his playing partner Osvaldo and Hammond because he will be back for the start of pre season before being sold/loaned out.

Would be good to see both feature in at least one friendly so they can rekindle their friendship.

You are really weird mate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

694736767-29032010013305.jpg

always liked Deano, my favourite moment of his would be his scorcher against Leeds - it seemed to help us carry on the momentum of our excellent run in form of league 1

my favourite waigo memories consist of his late goal v Norwich and his unveiling where he wore questionable leg wear before doing the waigo stomp in front of everyone. i also thought hammond swearing on tv was funny.

also hammond could be injured, why he is not featuring for u21s