***SWF Agenda Amnesty***

Saint Charlie

The phrase 'having an agenda' pops up on various threads - usually as a hint that the posters opinion is based upon a deep rooted belief or bias about a certain aspect of the club, for example Dalek has a clear obession with Glenn Hoddle and agenda for the club to admit they should have brought him back.

These agendas are often kept under wraps - some become clear over time whilst the ethos of some posters is harder to fathom.

Today is the day when these agendas are brought to the table - voluntarily - with no fear of retibution or ridicule. Today is the SWF Agenda Amnesty 2012.

Rules

1. State your agenda which you feel might better explain some of your posts.

2. Respect others who chose to reveal their adgenda - no negativity should be displayed towards any poster.

3. Refrain from allowing the thread to be taken over by a minority.

4. Celebrate the diversity of agendas on the SWF - have fun!

The Agenda Amnesty is open for business. To begin I will reveal my agenda, and would also particularly urge the following more high profile posters to bring theirs to the party in the interests of transparency:

Manji

Dibden Purlieu Saint - Complete - see post 53

Dig Dig - Complete, see posts 24 & 34

Turkish - Complete, see post 20

Alpine Saint - Complete, see post 6

Fitzhugh Fella -Complete - see post 107

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Kraken -Complete, see post 28

DellDays

Morph

miltonroader07 - Complete, see post 13

Bearsy - Complete, see post 29

Hypochondriac - Complete - see post 111

SWF Agenda Amnesty is LIVE and will remain open indefinitely. Mods - please make this a sticky.

Edited by Saint Charlie

My Agenda: I was a mild Lowe Luvy and now am a firm Cortese supporter. I think it is because I don't like the criticism of Saints because its the team I support and tend to react badly to those who make out that everything isn't rosy. For me Saints is the best club in the world so I don't want to believe that any aspect of the club is sub-standard. This agenda will see me sticking up for the club even when I have no idea of the facts.

I also am a bit of a football snob and like to think I know quite a bit about the game. It annoys me when people post with a clear lack of knowledge so I do admit to trying to wind them up a bit, and have been the author of threads such as “Should we just drop out the league” which was amusing to see how many people thought it was a genuine suggestion. For me this highlights the fact that some people seem to know little about the game and therefore a post like that is considered genuine because it is the kind of overreaction we see on the Forum.

My Agenda: Saints are a fantastic club with a fearsome reputation of performing above expectations, achieving over-the-odds, and scaring the sh*t out of much bigger opposition, and I for one am proud that my team has such a "notorious" reputation. This reputation has been damaged in the post-MLT era by laziness, arrogance, over-confidence and lack of ambition amongst club personnel and fans alike. We roll over and let w*nky clubs tickle our tummy, and have a disgusting recent track record of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory and allowing kack clubs end their massive losing run. I want the hunger and fear factor back. Starting with proper intense pre-season preparations and determined proactive transfer activity.

My Agenda: Saints are a fantastic club with a fearsome reputation of performing above expectations, achieving over-the-odds, and scaring the sh*t out of much bigger opposition, and I for one am proud that my team has such a "notorious" reputation. This reputation has been damaged in the post-MLT era by laziness, arrogance, over-confidence and lack of ambition amongst club personnel and fans alike. We roll over and let w*nky clubs tickle our tummy, and have a disgusting recent track record of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory and allowing kack clubs end their massive losing run. I want the hunger and fear factor back. Starting with proper intense pre-season preparations and determined proactive transfer activity.

Good to see someone taking this opportunity to share their agenda.

You have been repented. Bless you

MY AGENDA

Freedom of speech is a basic right and it should not be assumed that if someone posts a thread that is a little (off the wall) and maye looks at things from a different angle that he or she is a Pompey Fan.

I have supported SFC since the late 60's and unless you were at Rosenberg Trondheim Away and Vittoria Guimares Away we should respect people on this board

MY AGENDA

Freedom of speech is a basic right and it should not be assumed that if someone posts a thread that is a little (off the wall) and maye looks at things from a different angle that he or she is a Pompey Fan.

I have supported SFC since the late 60's and unless you were at Rosenberg Trondheim Away and Vittoria Guimares Away we should respect people on this board

Yes, sadly that is the stock default reaction on here if you dare to think in an individual manner.

Might as well give this a go.

A die hard fan, I don't care what league Saints are in just so long there is a team to support but of course I want us to do as well as possible. I lean towards the more pro-Cortese argument on the basis that without him there would have been no Markus Liebherr and they put their money where their mouths were when it was vital. I tend to take a more "long term" approach to how the club is going rather then stress too much over the here and now, games will be lost, that's football but just so long the overall trend is positive i'm happy.

Perhaps, in your opinion. But now no-one can argue about why I approach a certain discussion in a certain way.

It was a (poor) attempt at humour, but your response does illustrate that you and others who feel that anybody else would be interested in your agenda take yourselves far too seriously. Wind your neck in and perhaps try to see the funny side when people attack your thoughts. Whatever - I really don't care. I enjoy some of your posts and I can see you are a passionate fan. That's good enough for me really.

It was a (poor) attempt at humour' date=' but your response does illustrate that you and others who feel that anybody else would be interested in your agenda take yourselves far too seriously. Wind your neck in and perhaps try to see the funny side when people attack your thoughts. Whatever - I really don't care. I enjoy some of your posts and I can see you are a passionate fan. That's good enough for me really.[/quote']

I did wonder if your post was a joke, but nevertheless my response was more aimed at general consumption - my final word at setting my position out in the hope (perhaps forlorn) than reactions may be less agressive since I have tried to remove any mis-interpretation of my motivations.

It was a (poor) attempt at humour' date=' but your response does illustrate that you and others who feel that anybody else would be interested in your agenda take yourselves far too seriously. Wind your neck in and perhaps try to see the funny side when people attack your thoughts. Whatever - I really don't care. I enjoy some of your posts and I can see you are a passionate fan. That's good enough for me really.[/quote']

Exactly - Alpine has shared his agenda and should be applauded for his consistency in upholding it.

My agenda is that I can't stand short term knee jerkism which plights this forum but also football in general. One week a player is amazing based on one or two performances or equally sh!t.

I also hate the way that a lot of posters show absolutely no flexibility in their opinions, once they've made an assumption, that's that. It makes actually debating anything on here difficult in the most part but there are a few posters who you can have a fairly interesting debate with....Kracken, Saint Charlie, Turkish (when he's in the mood), Saint Clarke and a few others. Mostly it just doesn't happen though so I get bored and partake in a little gentle wumming from behind instead.

My agenda is that I can't stand short term knee jerkism which plights this forum but also football in general. One week a player is amazing based on one or two performances or equally sh!t.

I also hate the way that a lot of posters show absolutely no flexibility in their opinions, once they've made an assumption, that's that. It makes actually debating anything on here difficult in the most part but there are a few posters who you can have a fairly interesting debate with....Kracken, Saint Charlie, Turkish (when he's in the mood), Saint Clarke and a few others. Mostly it just doesn't happen though so I get bored and partake in a little gentle wumming from behind instead.

:lol:

In terms of Saints; they're my team. Little concerned about the slump and the necessity of Cayman Island loans for a debt-free club with rich owners. Pretty bloody depressing watching them at the moment, if I'm honest.

On Adkins, genuinely 50/50. Didn't vote in any of the polls because I have no clear opinion either way. My hope is that he stays and turns around our fortunes, but if he stays and we falter further, I think it's a bad deal for all concerned, including Nigel. QPR is crucial.

On a personal level, I do enjoy a debate. Can't say that I'm entirely pure in motive. Been guilty of engaging in a few feuds, but try to pull people up on their posts most of the time; rather than the usual "you're only a troll because you can't see your own cock" comeback. Pure wumming? Sometimes. It's a laugh.

Forgive me Father but I have an agenda.

I'm not a huge fan of our chairman. He's done some very good things, but I think in a whole number of areas he could be doing so much better. And given that he has everyone's dream job (running the club we all support spending lavishly with someone else's vast sums of money), I object to the way that the club under his stewardship has become a completely closed shop and has cosseted itself away from any sort of direct questioning by the fans and local media. But most of all, I don't like the polarisation on here that expressing such views mean that I'm "anti-Cortese" or trying to destabilise the club. I just think he/it could do things better. I consider this place to be a virtual "pub"; chat with some familiar names, have a laugh, take the p*ss, and be taken the p*ss out of. A lot of the decent posters recognise that and will engage with it; a lot of people take it all far too seriously and get all uppity about a point of view or a wind-up, which kind of acts as an encouragement to turn the screw a bit more and play up to the stereotype.

Oh, and I enjoy bickering with MLG far, far more than I should. His refusal to admit when he's wrong is hilarious and I just can't resist egging him on.

a) To pedantically correct the numerous historical recollections of David in Sweden and others.

b) To abuse StantheMan's attempts at using words and punctuation together.

c) Marvel at the amount of time Turkish spends on here.

d) Try to learn how to post photos, have an avatar and generally, use this fecking laptop!

Turkish has stolen my answer, so I guess I will have to come up with something else.

Firstly: Bearsy is my BFFF, I want to be like him/sound like him, in disguise or otherwise. Turkish fills in the gaps when he is away

2) SB is my mortal enemy now dune is banned. He is only semi-literate and on the register so not ideal - open to applications.

3) Football is only on for 90mins each week, we have to fill the gaps around this somehow. I am not really into fantasy football manager talk on here (people that make a fancy diagram to say, same team as last week, just change the keeper or my formation is best why don't we use that?) I prefer to have some lols.

4) I am generally always loyal to the current manager, maybe too much so. I thought Redknap would have gotten us back up, never have sack Pardew and should build a statue for Adkins.

5) I like to get players/manager names wrong i.e. Davis/Davies adkins/akins etc, as MLG does not have a humour chip and this bugs him.

6) Find and out all muppet show lurkers - This includes sexual salmon saint who has the best name ever but does not post.

7) To use the forum to get stuff like the actual direct number for the ticket office (not the muppets in the call centre) and free parking tips.

8 ) Secretly help all posters by PM who are visiting Japan, by giving them tips and advice.

Why does 8) 8 ) make a gay face?

I cant believe I sm no longer classed as a high profile poster

Sad days :(

I see this thread being a real success BTW

Everyone here hates you smirker, because we're all jealous about your bird. Simple as that. If you'd just post a few spicy pics of her, you'd be flavour of the month again in no time flat.

I don't know if it's and agenda....but I hate the PL all money and hype.

I'd like to live in a fantasy world were football was always on a saturday at 3.00 or tuedsday at 7.45 and it didn't cost more than 20 quid to take me and the kids to watch saints play. A world were our players might not be the best around but they were committed and loved playing for saints...............oh and saints win most weeks and have really good cup runs.

To add to my agenda, I have to say that I heart Adkins and really hope that the team gets the results for him over the coming games as I'd love to see him here for years to come.

I think the players are still working hard for him and want to do well. Until this appears to change then I think Adkins is the best man for the job. He needs more backing in January to get the right players in at the back but otherwise I don't think he's done too much wrong, certainly not enough for people to suggest that he's out of his depth......what does this actually mean anyway and how do you measure it?

I find it sad and frustrating that fans who were happy to lap up the success Adkins brought just a few short months ago are now ready to turn their back on him and in some cases, would even prefer Redknapp back.

1. State your agenda which you feel might better explain some of your posts.

2. Respect others who chose to reveal their agenda - no negativity should be displayed towards any poster.

3. Refrain from allowing the thread to be taken over by a minority.

I have four :

1) Wanting to be treated like a customer whose business is worth having when I WANT to spend money on Saints stuff (this covers anything I might say about ticket taxes and car park charges) and

2) The Lambert thing. I don't believe he's mobile enough to maximise our attacking options, especially in away matches. I also have concerns that if we don't treat him with sports science kid gloves that he's unlikely to stay fit. For some reason we go through phases of playing like he's on the pitch when he isn't, which is bizarre and not helpful to the likes of Mayuka who could excel with the right kind of passes, and for added measure I also think Ramirez's vision and creativity is being stifled by not having a mobile striker to get in on the end of his through balls. Lambert still has some value to us from his ability to make a ball stick up the field, but that's just not enough if other teams know to defend against it and that he won't offer a threat from most other situations.

3) I'm behind Adkins and don't think he's made any substitutions or tactical decisions that can't be simply explained, and it irritates the hell out of me that people bang on about his "mistakes". The squad isn't strong enough - who is to blame for that - so all substitutions are going to look dubious but there's almost always benefit to bringing on fresh legs and protecting our players from fatigue and injury.

4) I never, EVER want to see a Chairman on the cover of any football programme.

Edited by The9

I have four :

1) Wanting to be treated like a customer whose business is worth having when I WANT to spend money on Saints stuff (this covers anything I might say about ticket taxes and car park charges) and

2) The Lambert thing. I don't believe he's mobile enough to maximise our attacking options, especially in away matches. I also have concerns that if we don't treat him with sports science kid gloves that he's unlikely to stay fit. For some reason we go through phases of playing like he's on the pitch when he isn't, which is bizarre and not helpful to the likes of Mayuka who could excel with the right kind of passes, and for added measure I also think Ramirez's vision and creativity is being stifled by not having a mobile striker to get in on the end of his through balls. Lambert still has some value to us from his ability to make a ball stick up the field, but that's just not enough if other teams know to defend against it and that he won't offer a threat from most other situations.

3) I'm behind Adkins and don't think he's made any substitutions or tactical decisions that can't be simply explained, and it irritates the hell out of me that people bang on about his "mistakes". The squad isn't strong enough - who is to blame for that - so all substitutions are going to look dubious but there's almost always benefit to bringing on fresh legs and protecting our players from fatigue and injury.

4) I never, EVER want to see a Chairman on the cover of any football programme.

Agree with much of this. The Lambert thing is very hard - can see that Adkins shares your opinion to a point, and I can see why. Unfortunately though at the moment he is the man you want chances to fall to in the box.

Some decent agendas there which certain helps to interpret the context within your posts.

Right ok, here goes;

1. Cortese - I dont hero worship the bloke, but dont think he is the devil either. From a footballing perspective its hard to argue really, we got to the promised land quicker then expected (provably too quick). This includes the academy, scouting and training departments.

From a business perspective, he has made poor decisions, many senior management roles are empty, he keeps ****ing people off, the media hates him.

2. Adkins - Love the man but have lost faith in him, he was making mistakes over past couple of years but we got away with it. Now we arent. Tactically out of his depth and has only just started to look like putting his principles to one side in order to take us to safety. He can change my mind but needs to improve things.

3. The forum - used to be so much better than today, the mods have bottomed the humour and banter out of the forum, comical threads and/or posters are banned. Deppo, dog even Dune and dare I say it fatboy Stu. Problem is we have too many precious flowers who cant just ignore a bit of name calling on the internets.

I lean towards the more pro-Cortese argument on the basis that without him there would have been no Markus Liebherr and they put their money where their mouths were when it was vital.

They? There was no `they'. It was Markus' money only. Cortese has not put one penny in. My only `agenda' can be summed up right there.

They? There was no `they'. It was Markus' money only. Cortese has not put one penny in. My only `agenda' can be summed up right there.

I say they because without Cortese's introduction, Markus wouldn't have purchased us. They came as a pair.

Yes, Markus might have stumbled on us himself, but Nicola Cortese recommended us to him as a prospect, and under Cortese's advice he ended up taking us on. Ifs, buts and maybes do not come into it for me, those where the two men responsible for our survival three and a half years ago.

Nicola has been pivotal in conceiving the purchase of the Club and making it happen. I am now delighted to entrust him with overseeing the Club's progress' date=' development and achievement of success over the long term. [b']Nicola and I have enjoyed a long business relationship and it was Nicola who convinced me about buying the Club.[/b] He then conducted what proved to be a very difficult process very expertly and professionally. Ultimately, it happened because Nicola was at all times focused on strong business and ethical principles. Since our early conversations about the deal I made it clear that I would only buy the Club if he remained involved following the purchase. I am therefore very happy that he has accepted the role as Executive Chairman

Chez, and anyone else who sees Nicola Cortese as a mere sideshow, I would welcome your opinion on the above statement made by Markus Liebherr on our own official website after he took us over.

Edited by Colinjb

Probably don't have enough posts to demonstrate my agenda as I have been a too lazy to register lurker up until 1 week ago but its as follows:

1) Club development - For the club to make a great leap forward and to attain long term value and success I love the new model we have set up. We could spend hours dissecting the actual

model and value but all I have to say is thank you to Ajax and to a lesser extent Barca (who copied Ajax) for demonstrating its success and gives our club a philosophy

and a focus it can adhere to and be proud of. I just hope we maintain it through success or short term failure, new owners or european success.

2) I'm an eternal optimist (european success comment above demonstrated that) and will also look for positives from defeat or club behaviour. I think in 5 yrs we will be stating how NC was

the best thing to ever happen to us as a club, I think the past, current and future complaints from vendors, customers and "football people" are driven from him only accepting the very best

and expecting the best for us, this as always does not win any friends.

3)As Tokyo knows from my recent comments about Marcela Biesla, I love the tactical formations both himself and his disciples Jorge Sampali and Pep Guardiola.

4)The Muppet Show, Bearsy and Tokyo rule and I've just researched Zombie defence techniques so I can comment on a thread today. Tip for the General Forum - Learn to Run.

Not really a often poster but will throw my two pence worth in.

I love reading this forum and genuinely laugh out loud at a lot of things on here, but usually just read without posting back to the marching in/saints forever days.

I would rather we went down this year showing integrity and loyalty than stayed in the Premier League with a manager who would crap on us at the first opportunity of bigger things. I think Adkins is the best manager we've had in the 20 years I've had my season ticket. He doesn't become a bad manager just because he's lost a few games against good opposition. I hate peopel who can't look at the long term and think being 19th in the Premier League is the worst thing that could ever happen...it's not.

On the whole I think Cortese does a good job. There's a few times when I think he may be too strict and not the nicest to people but he's the CEO of a multi-million pound company and you don't get there without upsetting a few people.

I obviously get a little worried with all the talk of running out of money, but until anyone can show me anything concrete I'm not going to start posts about how it's all going tits up.

Not really a often poster but will throw my two pence worth in.

I love reading this forum and genuinely laugh out loud at a lot of things on here, but usually just read without posting back to the marching in/saints forever days.

I would rather we went down this year showing integrity and loyalty than stayed in the Premier League with a manager who would crap on us at the first opportunity of bigger things. I think Adkins is the best manager we've had in the 20 years I've had my season ticket. He doesn't become a bad manager just because he's lost a few games against good opposition. I hate peopel who can't look at the long term and think being 19th in the Premier League is the worst thing that could ever happen...it's not.

On the whole I think Cortese does a good job. There's a few times when I think he may be too strict and not the nicest to people but he's the CEO of a multi-million pound company and you don't get there without upsetting a few people.

I obviously get a little worried with all the talk of running out of money, but until anyone can show me anything concrete I'm not going to start posts about how it's all going tits up.

Nathan you should post more often - I agree with nearly all of that, for me Adkins is class. He will be a good prem Manager regardless of if he is sacked by us - we just need to give him the complete set of tools to do the job - and I think most fans recognsie that, hence the reception he gets at matches recently. Results must improve however, and we need to give ourselves the best chance of staying up for various reasons, including financial - if sacking NA would increase our chances of that (I don't believe that is the case yet) then Im sure NC would be ruthless enough to do it.

Agree with much of this. The Lambert thing is very hard - can see that Adkins shares your opinion to a point, and I can see why. Unfortunately though at the moment he is the man you want chances to fall to in the box.

Some decent agendas there which certain helps to interpret the context within your posts.

I've basically stopped posting because everything I mention can be distilled down to that lot and I'm bored with reading knee-jerk nonsense and a load of people who think being good in the Championship is enough for God worship. Agree that he's our best finisher, it's having to get the ball to him near enough to the goal to make a difference regularly that's the problem. Somewhere in the mix is the recent concern that clubs will concentrate on negating our attack at the expense of attacking us because they know they'll probably score anyway. Spurs and West Brom both seem to have erred on that side.