Di Matteo sacked

bridge too far

How long before some on the main board will start hoping he will replace NA due to the fact that NC is also Italian ?

I am too late as that idea is already floating around. Don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Some ITK (can't remenber who) was on one of the Nigel threads last week saying NC had wanted to bring in Di Matteo in last summer but that Chelsea winning the Champions league had scuppered that idea.....So I think you'reto late with that one;)

As for the OP pretty bloody stupid really weren't they top of the PL a couple of weeks ago? and surely Chelsea weren't expecting to win the CL again this season they got pretty lucky last season. Can't see him being out of work long I bet QPR are already on the phone.

Some ITK (can't remenber who) was on one of the Nigel threads last week saying NC had wanted to bring in Di Matteo in last summer but that Chelsea winning the Champions league had scuppered that idea.....So I think you'reto late with that one;)

As for the OP pretty bloody stupid really weren't they top of the PL a couple of weeks ago? and surely Chelsea weren't expecting to win the CL again this season they got pretty lucky last season. Can't see him being out of work long I bet QPR are already on the phone.

I bet he's changed his phone number so that that doesn't happen!!!

Benitez installed as interim manager.

he might get something out of Torres but that will be all.

they have flair players...Hazard,Oscar and like to attack in numbers......Benitez sets his stall out defensively first,then midfield...his squads are quite ridged....will he last the season.

we would have done well to have installed Rafa.......organisation at the back.

never on the cards I suspect though.

Most bizaare movements to be honest.

Di Matteo wins them the one cup RA has been after, teh most prestigious club cup in Europe (if the the world) and also wins the club the most famous domstic cup in the world. OK they've been on a dip in form very recently, but only a dip.

His sacking was a big surprise, but the Benitez appointment has shocked me. Since 2005 he has done, pretty much bu88er all!