Puncheon

pangy

Not sure if there is a thread already so apologies if there is.

What a turn around this guy has had,in the last 12 games he has gone from zero to hero,he was training with the nippers not so long ago and was no-where near a 1st team place,the guy swallowed his pride said sorry and got his head down and worked hard and for the last few games has been outstanding.so for that Mr Puncheon I take my hat off to you.you have seem to of turned your career right around,long may it continue

He was a c*ck and he knows it.

Mr Cortese read the riot act - and he has taken stock. He is no longer a young man with potential, he is now at the age where he has to deliver as he will never get another opportunity. How long it lasts will be the key - whilst we are playing well and he can drift in off the right, he will be a happy bunny.

Is it me or is he actually beating players now and hitting the target regularly?

I thought his attitude stank - and I for one wasn't that forgiving saying he should never wear the stripes again. Well whilst we play in the current kit I guess I'm let off!!

I'll get over it as I think he's a popular member of the squad and is part of the driving force behind the recovery. I think he is learning off some of the other players too - but confidence is another key. Obviously Adkins has worked his magic (psychologically) on him and he is now a valued member of the squad.

Just glad he wants to play for us for now as he can be a match winner on his day.

It wasn't that long ago some on here were claiming Antonio was a far better player.

Wasn't that long ago someone on here said that under Wotte and JP we would stay up....at that time it was posted Antonio was playing better than Puncheon.

Now they are not on the same planet talent wise. Puncheon has turned his game around.

He knows no other club wanted to keep him after a loan spell and is out of contract this summer, if he was to get a new 2-3 yr deal my money is on him returning to his old ways.

Can you explain to me why he would want to return to being despised when the crowd are now chanting his name? In anybody's world that makes no sense at all. He's turned himself round and now it is time for the unforgiving (who of course have never anything wrong in their lives) to cut him some slack.

He's still a moaning p!ssypants, but he has stepped up his game and is perhaps our most in form player at the moment. Would he sign a new contract? It probably depends on what league we're in. If he does keep this up for the rest of the season, all is forgiven.

I have rejoiced to see come back to the club and show just how good he is. I think having his mate Clyne at the club has helped to restore his shattered psyche and release the fireball in him. He was once again phenomenal today and my mind boggles just how far he is going to go during the rest of the season.

"Jason, you're a fireball

You came back and showed just what you're worth

See him go, as he races down the line

Oh, Oh, Oh Jason what a fireball"

Edited by ART

He knows no other club wanted to keep him after a loan spell and is out of contract this summer, if he was to get a new 2-3 yr deal my money is on him returning to his old ways.

My concern is how he will perform after he gets a contract from us. I'll see how he is for the entire season before giving him too much praise but he is in a good vein of form at the moment and long may it continue.

I share your concerns over this, playing out of his skin at the moment...either for a new contract, or a move.

He was outstanding today. Pardew will have noticed.

New contract ? On his current form, you'd say we'd be daft not to sign him up, but with his agent and ego it would come as no surprise if they want parity with Ramirez or whoever.

Lepoard and spots spring to mind here.

It's almost as though we signed another 5-8 million pound player in the Summer. I've always fancied getting his versatility into the side but the problem was that we'd have to accept the "between the ears" crap as well.

I think he might be surprising himself as well as us, which hopefully means that the head stuff is gone for good.

I know one thing - he covers a ton of real estate during the game, contributing all over the place.

It's our front quartet at the moment that is killing the opposition, and Puncheon is there on merit - contract announcement in the new year methinks...

I just put similar on the match thread. 4 outstanding players with great touch and technique who are linking up well. They have a great understanding. Credit to Cortese for the Ramirez deal, he is on another level.

I just put similar on the match thread. 4 outstanding players with great touch and technique who are linking up well. They have a great understanding. Credit to Cortese for the Ramirez deal, he is on another level.

And strong and ballsy, reminds me of, dare I say, Viera with a bit of Zidane ;-) If the boys keep this going we may be looking at a brace of England caps...

It's our front quartet at the moment that is killing the opposition, and Puncheon is there on merit - contract announcement in the new year methinks...

Spot on. It's not just punch though, we really are playing with a front quartet who are all firing and have real synergy.

Punch has always had real ability. He was a player who was unhappy playing below his level. That was unfortunate but to an extent understandable.