Gazza - the comedy keeper

Thedelldays

Get a grip FFS.

Now Adkins is proving you wrong, I guess all the heat goes on your next whipping boy.

he is making massive howlers every single game....there is no way a prem team fighting to stay up can accomodate that every game

it will happen at anfield..it happened last week it happened the week before etc

edit, no prem club would take a 20 year old..who has had a handful of games in league 2 and throw him into the mix....it aint working

Edited by Thedelldays

neither him or boruc have made anywhere near the mistakes this lad has done...

just completely odd

Yes I think we are playing the worst of our 3 keepers

We finally have the outfield sorted in terms of formation and personnel so can't afford these soft errors

Yo which prem team has a weaker first choice GK?

just completely odd

Yes I think we are playing the worst of our 3 keepers

We finally have the outfield sorted in terms of formation and personnel so can't afford these soft errors

was that not a howler of epic proportions again..?

Quite.

If Boruc has been pegged as not up to it then we need another keeper in Jan or we need to get KD back in goal and try to keep his confidence up. Frankly, with our back four now looking much better and a decent run of games coming up I would have a high level of confidence in KD not to let us down.

Gazza has the attributes of a really good keeper but should be out on loan for now, not being our Number 1.

was that not a howler of epic proportions again..?

No, not really. It was the kind of thing that can, and does, happen to the best keepers from time to time.

I agree he isn't brilliant, but I think he's the best option we have at the moment so I would stick with him. That save he made against Newcastle on sunday was top drawer and a lot of keepers wouldn't have got to it. So he may cost us a goal here and there, but he will save us some points as well.

Just out of interest, if Davis or Boruc is given a run in the next few games, will you be just as savage in your criticism of them when they inevitably make a mistake?

just completely odd

Again, perhaps you should re-watch the highlights of the West Ham game. The error he made for their fist goal was unforgivable. What if he starts doing that every game... will you then be calling for Gazza to start again?

No, not really. It was the kind of thing that can, and does, happen to the best keepers from time to time.

I agree he isn't brilliant, but I think he's the best option we have at the moment so I would stick with him. That save he made against Newcastle on sunday was top drawer and a lot of keepers wouldn't have got to it. So he may cost us a goal here and there, but he will save us some points as well.

Just out of interest, if Davis or Boruc is given a run in the next few games, will you be just as savage in your criticism of them when they inevitably make a mistake?

He makes one big error every single game.

he is making massive howlers every single game....there is no way a prem team fighting to stay up can accomodate that every game

it will happen at anfield..it happened last week it happened the week before etc

edit, no prem club would take a 20 year old..who has had a handful of games in league 2 and throw him into the mix....it aint working

Perhaps you forgot where joe hart came from...shrewsbury..seems to be doing ok...

Harsh on a 20 year old who has only played in League 2 to call him a clown. But I agree we need a better option, hopefully Boruc is that.

You might as well play a non-league goalie and then say its harsh when he lets goals in because after all he's only a non-league goalie. Fact is we need a Prem quality GK, not a L2 GK like Gazzaniga. He's not ready to play at this level and his mistakes have cost us some crucial points. With a real GK we would probably be 12th or 13th in the table. If Boruc and Davis are not better than Gazzaniga they must be pretty poor.

He makes one big error every single game.

Maybe so. But the defence appears to be a lot less panicky since he has been in the team, and the fact that we are not leaking goals left, right and centre any more clearly proves that.

I would rather have a keeper that makes the occasional mistake than one that makes our entire back line look like a bunch of startled rabbits.

Maybe so. But the defence appears to be a lot less panicky since he has been in the team, and the fact that we are not leaking goals left, right and centre any more clearly proves that.

I would rather have a keeper that makes the occasional mistake than one that makes our entire back line look like a bunch of startled rabbits.

he doesnt make occasional mistakes..its every game

Harsh on a 20 year old who has only played in League 2 to call him a clown. But I agree we need a better option, hopefully Boruc is that.

I agree, and not even because of the mistake. But the defense didn't trust him, they avoided passing the ball back to him and where frustrated when he didn't come out to claim the ball. I think its time for a change and if Boruc isn't ready then put Davis back in. At least he communicates well with his defense.

Gazza is a goalkeeper with a lot of potential but he needs maturing. Its the most difficult position to master just because every mistake is so crucial. Give it time and he'll be an excellent goallie.

Get back in the kitchen Sailor Boy.

Gazza is the best of what we have. Kelv is an abomination at this level and Boruc is an embarrassing, fat, unprofessional mess.

The same Boruc who was one of the most coveted keepers in the world not too long ago?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

It was a shocking mistake, but it should be pointed out that is was a crap attempt at a needless tackle by Clyne that led to the goal. Adkins had all summer to sign a decent keeper and he failed to do so. So, until the January transfer window, we will just have to get back behind the lad because no matter what happens, he is still a better all round keeper than either Davis or Boruc.

I don't believe he can take credit for that, the back 4 have been stable, not a different defence every game. Then fact is he has actually been lucky that in the games he has played he has not been that busy, what has come along on the whole he has dealt with badly

Talk to any Celtic supporter and I think they'll tell you Boruc is the biggest clown in football. Gazza made an incredible save in the 2nd half but you can't give the lad credit for that. Few goalkeepers are perfect but one thing Gazza is not, and that's a clown. He's learning and learning fast. Were you never young delldays? Did you reach where you are today by never making any mistakes?

Talk to any Celtic supporter and I think they'll tell you Boruc is the biggest clown in football. Gazza made an incredible save in the 2nd half but you can't give the lad credit for that. Few goalkeepers are perfect but one thing Gazza is not, and that's a clown. He's learning and learning fast. Were you never young delldays? Did you reach where you are today by never making any mistakes?

Boruc is a clown? Rofl. He's a nutter, but he's a top keeper.

I know many celtic fans who go to park head regularly (thanks to my friends based up there)..they were gutted we signed boruc as they think he is far too good for us...just had to get fit and he is awesome...bit of a loose cannon but a top top keeper..

Question: if Adkins was a goalie himself surely he recognises that gazza clearly isn't quite up to it yet? or does he believe a keeper can make the step up from league two to the prem just like that? Either way is it not poor judgement?

Learning = not making the same mistake over and over / doing something differently!

His howlers against Swansea, QPR and Norwich have been (1) hospital pass clearance, (2) Calamity James coming out for a cross and (3) Fumbling a shot underneath him....

So yep, he is learning... new clangers to drop in every game !

Where is Tommy Forecast when you need him.

Seriously though the situation needs to sorted in January, Gazza is not up to it at this current time and it could be our downfall. I say could, it WILL. The financial rewards on staying up are so huge we can't fanny about with a keeper who is not quite up to it yet. I caught the last 20mins on a stream and there was a time when it looked like Fonte could have passed it back to Gazza. He didn't and that says it all really. Super Kelv until January for me and no doubt his determination to prove Adkins wrong could see him through to the summer...

how much longer are we going to continue with this clown in goal..

he may be young and going to make mistakes..but he will have a big hand in sending us down

should be no where near our first team

You're so cute when you're dramatic :)

Nige's a keeper himself and sees them in training every day, so I'll trust his judgement any day over anyone on this forum.

It wasn't just the goal, that's the tip of the iceberg. It's the inability and/or unwillingness to come off his line and command the box. It was getting so bad second half that he wasnt even coming to pick up routine, over hit through balls.

Out of his depth at the moment and it's costing us.