Shaw

Dig Dig

Luke grows with every game he plays and has a huge future ahead of him. I don't know if anyone sees this, but the way he speeds down the touchline has me thinking of John Sydenham. All that's missing is Sydies ability to then go round his defender and weave his way into the box or cross to the striker. What an group of players we have coming thru our Academy. So proud of them all, especially Luke and Prowsey.

twice the player fox is defensively, agree with a previous poster that crosses from the left have been reduced ever since he has come into the side and that has led to our improvement at the back.

however, I would still like to see some decent back up coming in as let's not forget the kids only 17 and if we play him week in week out in his first full season with the first team we would more than likely see a burn out towards the end of the season and if we're unlucky this usually ends up with a long term injury.

still, a very bright prospect and hopefully he will stay with us a couple more season to continue his development before he starts harboring ambitions of european football with the bigger teams. of course the ideal situation would be we find ourselves playing in Europe in the next couple of seasons and don't lose him (:

Words fail me...but I will try with some..

This lad is unbelievable ..brilliant , class , very good, excellent........magical talent and he is our Left Back....

Reminds me of ME ;) when I was playing under 6 footer to a very high level........:smug:

downhill thereafter due to the scrumpy:rolleyes:

What at 6?

Luke Shaw has without any doubt taken his opportunity to secure a first team place firmly by the throat!

And for someone of such a tender age that is so refreshing to see. I remember seeing a young Gareth Bale like young Luke breaking into the first team, then playing back with his mates v Villa in the Academy league final. You could see Bale was different gravy to his team mates through playing first team football. I thought today Luke was fantastic, he was up against the Reading talisman and to my mind he had him tucked nicely in his pocket. In fact Roberts was trying to induce a reaction by nudging and pushing Luke in the centre circle when Saints were defending corners and LUke just brushed it aside. Then he started getting played in by Ramirez and whipping in some really evil crosses.

Well done Young Man.............................. Mr Cortese screw this lads feet firmly to the Southampton ground.

I understand (on here somewhere) that he has signed a pre-contract with a full contract when he is 18 - similar to Ward-Prowse. I think the salary may need adjusting with these performances. He will need to be pulled out of the team in a few weeks to avoid burn out.

I understand (on here somewhere) that he has signed a pre-contract with a full contract when he is 18 - similar to Ward-Prowse. I think the salary may need adjusting with these performances. He will need to be pulled out of the team in a few weeks to avoid burn out.
Not really, as he's not got a 2 week gap without playing, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Agree though, the lad has been excellent, really gone beyond my expectations for him for this season.

Shaw is excellent and, as has been said already, defends very, very well, much like Ashley cole who probably offers more going forward but I like the way Shaw seems to pride in his defensive abilities. Fox was like oh yeah, I need to defend too.

Shaw is excellent and, as has been said already, defends very, very well, much like Ashley cole who probably offers more going forward but I like the way Shaw seems to pride in his defensive abilities. Fox was like oh yeah, I need to defend too.

Fox isn't that bad going forward, wondered if Lallana is out, whether Fox would be a good option at left midfield - or is that just insane? Probably.

Wow what a player this boys going to be.

Reminds me of Graham le saux in his prime ,same poise and balance.

Maturity beyond his years really hope we can keep hold of him for many years to come.

We can only dream that he will ever be half the player Graham Le Saux was.

Yep insane..........rather have the tea lady to be frank....or if there isn't one stick the vending machine out there!

why? Fox is, imo, the best crosser of the ball at the club. He's good going forward and as good defensively as most wingers. Not good enough for first choice LB at this level but will cover Luke well enough and definitely provide enough going forward to get a look in as back up for Lallana.

Who else do we have who can play in the position? Ramirez is wasted out there. Rodriguez poor when played there. Mayuka possibly but definitely seems out of favour. I'd prefer to play Fox there than any of those 3 tbh

why? Fox is, imo, the best crosser of the ball at the club. He's good going forward and as good defensively as most wingers. Not good enough for first choice LB at this level but will cover Luke well enough and definitely provide enough going forward to get a look in as back up for Lallana.

Who else do we have who can play in the position? Ramirez is wasted out there. Rodriguez poor when played there. Mayuka possibly but definitely seems out of favour. I'd prefer to play Fox there than any of those 3 tbh

He does have a good cross but good going forwards? He rarely goes on the overlap, seldom ever reaches the by line and has little pace or skill.

Michael Owen's claimed predicament should stand as a warning.

It's no good running him into the ground now whilst his body is still developing.

There's no doubt he'll be pushing L Baines for the England left back position before long and in the mean time he'll have the various youth set ups to play for.

We need him for the long term, in the meantime we might have to suffer some inferiority from others in order to wrap him in Fergie's 'cotton wool' that's prolonged some of his stars' careers.

Oh, totally. If we do go down we'd lose a hell of a lot, which is why going down will seriously halt our progress IMO. Gaston, Lalalna, Shaw, Clyne, Cork, Lambert, Puncheon, Morgan - could see them all going based on how they've played this year.

If so many have played so well and persist doing so, then we won't go down.