Just bought two tickets for the Cup Match.

Deeps

Rang up this evening for two tickets for me and her indoors. They don't issue tickets if you have a season ticket. Somehow they update your season ticket that you hold.

Still had to pay £2.50p booking fee on each ticket mind you although they were both paid for on the same debit Card.

If we don't get a ticket how are we supposed to know how much of the price is the ticket price, how much is the 'ticket tax' and therefore how mad to get about the latter?

Because the price is listed on the website, plus they ALWAYS confirm the ticket price and booking fee before finalising the transaction?

Rang up this evening for two tickets for me and her indoors. They don't issue tickets if you have a season ticket. Somehow they update your season ticket that you hold.

Still had to pay £2.50p booking fee on each ticket mind you although they were both paid for on the same debit Card.

Think this is pretty disgusting, and seeing the other replies when they don't have to send out a ticket and just update your card. Could understand if they had to pay P+P, but for an automatic transaction with no personal interaction they are taking the P big time!

I don't usually say much on the ticket tax issues but agree that is a ****** take if done online and no ticket issued etc and they're still taxing it.

Haven't got my ticket yet (got to wait till 18th as in block 42) and haven't had to use the online system yet apart from when renewed my ST, but how does it work if me and my friend (who is in block 41 so got to move too) want to get tickets together when we do it online on 18th ?

Think this is pretty disgusting, and seeing the other replies when they don't have to send out a ticket and just update your card. Could understand if they had to pay P+P, but for an automatic transaction with no personal interaction they are taking the P big time!

But we will still poke up with it and cough up the readys sadly not enough folks will revolt against the various little "stings" the club are squeezing a little more out of us with, and boycott a game on mass: if a tax too far was to occur and we did all stay away, for someone dealing in business money that would be a severe kick in the nuts.

Bought a coffee on the concourse recently? same price and 2 cup size reductions this season already at the current rate a white coffee really will be an Espresso with milk by April. All leaves a bit of a taste in your mouth............. Damn good job Beer is sold in regulation Pints.

I don't usually say much on the ticket tax issues but agree that is a ****** take if done online and no ticket issued etc and they're still taxing it.

Haven't got my ticket yet (got to wait till 18th as in block 42) and haven't had to use the online system yet apart from when renewed my ST, but how does it work if me and my friend (who is in block 41 so got to move too) want to get tickets together when we do it online on 18th ?

Link your accounts on line as friends and apply as one, you will need one or the others login doings etc to facilitate it. But should work.

If you buy any ticket online nowadays there is a transaction or handling fee to process the card payment.

It costs the seller to process card transactions, and each element of work *costs* something - it's all part of Business Process Mapping - that whatever you do in a business should be costed in to your charge out.

Stop moaning

If you buy any ticket online nowadays there is a transaction or handling fee to process the card payment.

It costs the seller to process card transactions, and each element of work *costs* something - it's all part of Business Process Mapping - that whatever you do in a business should be costed in to your charge out.

Stop moaning

But if you turn up in person at the ticket office this doesn't apply?

Pay with cash at the ticket office and they won't charge you. :p

Very bizarre.....it costs a fortune to deal in cash for a business yet electorinically it is so much cheaper. I wonder if all the cash goes through the books? "Lambert your wages are in the case on the left, you haven't got a wage slip this week"

Stop moaning

yeah but all those factors were once upon a time factored into the cost. total rip of by the club as per usual

Has anyone had an email confirmation/receipt,?I asked for one and was promised that one would be emailed out, but nothing received 24 hours later.

I really dont fancy turning up 10 mins before kick off, finding out the card wont work and absolutely no proof of purchase.

Yes, I have received an email confirming my purchase. I also took a screen shot of the confirmation page.

I am currently in rural Japan and purchased my ticket with amazing ease yesterday morning. I see the cup ticket will be 'delivered' to my Season Card, so I presume something clever with the database is happening in the background.

It it's very definately a case of so-far-so-good, bit I shall wait until I am in the stadium and discover no-one else is sitting in my seat before I will rest at complete ease.

Err, how did you manage to get two tickets? I assume you both have ST's?

In days gone by, having an ST enabled me to buy a number of tickets (for me, my missus or my sons), transferring my ST to a seat to be with them. Can't do this now apparently - you have to wait for the general sale and take pot luck. The only advantage to having an ST now is you can book your own seat. Woopy ******* dooo! I'm not one to complain normally, but that is a rubbish policy that only seems to have come in since the Prem. Boooo!

When you enter the account the page shows the season ticket seat no(s) registered to the owner. In my case myself and mate, just untick the relevant box if one not required. After payment an email confirmation is sent automatically with a ref no.

It's still a dodgy system, as with me and my dad being linked, if i go online then I can order as many tickets as I want to under his name but under mine I can only get 1 on my ST.

For example, when Fulham went on sale I could have got something like 11 tickets or something on the first day of sale, 1, under my name and 10 under his.

In days gone by, having an ST enabled me to buy a number of tickets (for me, my missus or my sons), transferring my ST to a seat to be with them. Can't do this now apparently - you have to wait for the general sale and take pot luck. The only advantage to having an ST now is you can book your own seat. Woopy ******* dooo! I'm not one to complain normally, but that is a rubbish policy that only seems to have come in since the Prem. Boooo!

We both have Season Tickets.

We both have Season Tickets.

OOOps!! sorry I already posted it. (Finger trouble)

Edited by Deeps

Just sent an e-mail to the club -

"Good afternoon

I have just purchased three tickets for my two daughters (both under 11) and myself for the Chelsea Cup match. Despite this being a top-up to our season tickets, hence no postage and little administration, I have been charged £7.50 for the privilege of buying our tickets. The booking fee for the kids is 25% of the match ticket cost.

Could you not for once give your loyal season ticket holders some relief from these add-ons (Flybe and Ryanair put Southampton FC to shame!) and stop trying to fleece us at every opportunity.

I did try and book on-line but my Customer Number and password (which have always worked perfectly in the past) were not accepted so I had to reset my password which came back as a 10 digit/letter sequence. I obviously would like to change the password to something more memorable (as it was before it was no longer recognised) so phoned up for assistance. I waited three minutes whilst being told about various ticket offers only to be told that no operators were available – hence wasting more money.

Living in Salisbury it is not easy to buy tickets in advance from the ground. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 30+ years and have attended hundreds of cup games over the years. I shan’t attend another one if I’m going to be charged for the privilege of booking my seats.

Please acknowledge receipt of this e-mail and I request that you forward it to the person/department who is responsible for the booking fee policy.

Regards"

I know that there are charges made by banks for card transactions but it is not normally more than 2% This has cost nearly 17% of the ticket cost - complete rip-off!!

Why not just add a small amount and include it in the total ticket price - everyone then pays the same. Let's hope for a good cup run!!!!

"Good afternoon

I have just purchased three tickets for my two daughters (both under 11) and myself for the Chelsea Cup match. Despite this being a top-up to our season tickets, hence no postage and little administration, I have been charged £7.50 for the privilege of buying our tickets. The booking fee for the kids is 25% of the match ticket cost.

Could you not for once give your loyal season ticket holders some relief from these add-ons (Flybe and Ryanair put Southampton FC to shame!) and stop trying to fleece us at every opportunity.

I did try and book on-line but my Customer Number and password (which have always worked perfectly in the past) were not accepted so I had to reset my password which came back as a 10 digit/letter sequence. I obviously would like to change the password to something more memorable (as it was before it was no longer recognised) so phoned up for assistance. I waited three minutes whilst being told about various ticket offers only to be told that no operators were available – hence wasting more money.

Living in Salisbury it is not easy to buy tickets in advance from the ground. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 30+ years and have attended hundreds of cup games over the years. I shan’t attend another one if I’m going to be charged for the privilege of booking my seats.

Please acknowledge receipt of this e-mail and I request that you forward it to the person/department who is responsible for the booking fee policy.

Regards"

I know that there are charges made by banks for card transactions but it is not normally more than 2% This has cost nearly 17% of the ticket cost - complete rip-off!!

Why not just add a small amount and include it in the total ticket price - everyone then pays the same. Let's hope for a good cup run!!!!

Try going to OS. select buy match tickets, log in customer no + password sequence, select match tickets, select account, scroll down to reset password. If you've already tried that, apologies.

Thanks Derry - I'll have a go at that when I've got a spare half hour.

When I said hundreds of cup matches - it is probably between 150 - 200 including FA Cup, Leage Cup, Cup Winners Cup, Uefa Cup, Anglo-Scottish Cup, JPT and Watneys!!! Maybe some others but I can't recall right now. It just p***es me off that the club feel the need to charge a booking fee for season ticket holders, who loyally pay up front (some year after year even when times are dire) not knowing what sort of season lies ahead. Perhaps it's some sort of tax fiddle where the differential between what they are charged in transaction fees by the banks and what they receive in booking fees is taxed at a different rate to actual ticket sales - who knows!!? At my work, we charge 2.5% for a credit card transaction and nothing for a debit card. I'm not holding my breath for a reply from the club. Perhaps I shouldn't have purchased them in protest - I am as much to blame as anyone for buying them.

Thanks Derry - I'll have a go at that when I've got a spare half hour.

When I said hundreds of cup matches - it is probably between 150 - 200 including FA Cup, Leage Cup, Cup Winners Cup, Uefa Cup, Anglo-Scottish Cup, JPT and Watneys!!! Maybe some others but I can't recall right now. It just p***es me off that the club feel the need to charge a booking fee for season ticket holders, who loyally pay up front (some year after year even when times are dire) not knowing what sort of season lies ahead. Perhaps it's some sort of tax fiddle where the differential between what they are charged in transaction fees by the banks and what they receive in booking fees is taxed at a different rate to actual ticket sales - who knows!!? At my work, we charge 2.5% for a credit card transaction and nothing for a debit card. I'm not holding my breath for a reply from the club. Perhaps I shouldn't have purchased them in protest - I am as much to blame as anyone for buying them.

Cup matches they get to keep all of it not 40%. It takes a couple of minutes, each page follows on.

"Good afternoon

Regards"

You have to pay £2.50 booking fee for each ticket? Bloody nora I didn't know that. Cortese's wages really have forced the Saints to be ruthless. I'm attending a wake at SMS next week. I wonder if they will charge me for parking?

I suspect the FA wouldn't be too happy to hear that some clubs are pocketing 17% of the income on admin fees thereby getting round handing it over to the FA competition and the opponent (Chelsea obviously won't be overly concerned) as part of their share.

I'm Assuming none of you have noticed the ease with which it is to access the stadium this season. The quick and simple process of interesting your season ticket card card into the machine which then provides hassle free access? The reduced queues due to this slick process. Where do you think the funds for this project is going to come from? Should we ask the Liebherrs to write more cheques to improve the matchday experience or should fans share some of the burden? You claim you don't want to be in debt and that the club will be self sustaining, you all claim you dont want to 'do a Pompey' yet when asked to dig into your pockets to back the club you claim to support its nothing but ungrateful, spoilt, moaning behaviour. The booking fee is entirely fair and reasonable. There are wages to pay, technology to pay for to improve your matchday experience but it's just whinge, whine, moan from the usual suspects. I applaud Cortese for the booking fee and moving us into line with other ticket booking processes for other forms of entertainment. It's a real leap forward into the 21st century for the club. If you back the chairman and genuinely want us to be self sustaining then you should do the same.

I don't know where I have gone wrong.

I've just logged into my account and clicked to buy tickets.

I chose my "reserved" seat (the one on my season ticket) that cost me £25 for the seat plus £1.50 booking fee.

All details pre-populated on the "form" as was the credit card I used to pAY.

An Email acknowledgement was received within seconds.

Frankly it was excellent customer service and good value to see the current European Champions at only £25 seat cost as opposed to £42 for a league game. The low cost reflects my value to the business of being a season ticket holder.

Oh, the Email confirmed that "FA Cup match tickets will be sent directly to your Season Card."

No problems: well done Saints

I don't know where I have gone wrong.

I've just logged into my account and clicked to buy tickets.

I chose my "reserved" seat (the one on my season ticket) that cost me £25 for the seat plus £1.50 booking fee.

All details pre-populated on the "form" as was the credit card I used to pAY.

An Email acknowledgement was received within seconds.

Frankly it was excellent customer service and good value to see the current European Champions at only £25 seat cost as opposed to £42 for a league game. The low cost reflects my value to the business of being a season ticket holder.

Oh, the Email confirmed that "FA Cup match tickets will be sent directly to your Season Card."

No problems: well done Saints

Geek

I'm Assuming none of you have noticed the ease with which it is to access the stadium this season. The quick and simple process of interesting your season ticket card card into the machine which then provides hassle free access? The reduced queues due to this slick process. Where do you think the funds for this project is going to come from? Should we ask the Liebherrs to write more cheques to improve the matchday experience or should fans share some of the burden? You claim you don't want to be in debt and that the club will be self sustaining, you all claim you dont want to 'do a Pompey' yet when asked to dig into your pockets to back the club you claim to support its nothing but ungrateful, spoilt, moaning behaviour. The booking fee is entirely fair and reasonable. There are wages to pay, technology to pay for to improve your matchday experience but it's just whinge, whine, moan from the usual suspects. I applaud Cortese for the booking fee and moving us into line with other ticket booking processes for other forms of entertainment. It's a real leap forward into the 21st century for the club. If you back the chairman and genuinely want us to be self sustaining then you should do the same.

I don't get it. This has all the hallmarks of a trolling post, but I agree with every word. Have I just been mugged off? Am I missing something?

I don't get it. This has all the hallmarks of a trolling post, but I agree with every word. Have I just been mugged off? Am I missing something?

note the words 'reduced queues' as there are still queues outside which is no different to how it used to be.Also note ,i presume money is being saved by not having to pay so many turnstill people so perhaps this should go into the equation on saving money and not ripping off loyal supporters.

Have Chelsea been given the whole of Block 41 for this match? Just tried to buy my ticket online and when I click to purchase my cup renewal it says I have no renewals available? Never had to move from my seat for cup games in the past.

At the moment they have 3,000 tickets, potentially they could be given 4,800 so Saints will need to hold back some blocks.

You have to pay £2.50 booking fee for each ticket? Bloody nora I didn't know that. Cortese's wages really have forced the Saints to be ruthless. I'm attending a wake at SMS next week. I wonder if they will charge me for parking?

I suspect the FA wouldn't be too happy to hear that some clubs are pocketing 17% of the income on admin fees thereby getting round handing it over to the FA competition and the opponent (Chelsea obviously won't be overly concerned) as part of their share.

Nutshell.

At the moment they have 3,000 tickets, potentially they could be given 4,800 so Saints will need to hold back some blocks.

Strange though as I sit 7 seats from the end of block 41 so have never had to move from my ST seat all the times away fans have been given the maximum allocation of 4800.

note the words 'reduced queues' as there are still queues outside which is no different to how it used to be.Also note ,i presume money is being saved by not having to pay so many turnstill people so perhaps this should go into the equation on saving money and not ripping off loyal supporters.

The queues are far smaller now than they used to be. When you have 30,000 people, most of them trying to get In within 20 minutes of each other it's inevitable. The bar code scanners reduce queuing time and queues. This is worth a booking fee charge alone IMO.

How else do you think we are going to afford life in the higher echelons? Not saying I am happy but somehow we need to pay for being in the PL. The thing that annoys me is why every business and the government for matter try and dress it up with lots of different levies? Just have one cost (albeit a large one) for the ticket and let the punter decide if he wants to pay for it or not.

Even worse with the taxes – how many different ways do they want to tax us? Just have one tax rate for everything and make it simple – do they really think we are that simple that we cannot add up all the different ways they are screwing us??