Aston Villa away ticket details

Saint Garrett

Saints have been allocated 2,977 tickets for the trip to Aston Villa on Saturday 12th January 2013 (3pm kick off).

Subject to availability, tickets will go on sale in the following criteria:

Thursday 27th December (9am) Season Ticket Holders who purchased a ticket/tickets for at least four Premier League away games this season

Friday 28th December (9am) Season Ticket Holders who purchased a ticket/tickets for at least two Premier League away games this season

Monday 31st December (9am) Season Ticket Holders who purchased a ticket/tickets for at least one Premier League away game this season

Wednesday 2nd January (9am) Any Season Ticket Holders

Friday 4th January (9am) Supporters who purchased a ticket/tickets for at least one Premier League away game this season

Monday 7th January (9am) General sale

Please note, tickets purchased for the Stoke City away fixture are not included in the qualifying criteria above.

Tickets for this fixture are priced as follows:

£35 per adult

£27 per over-65, young adults (aged 16-20) or student

£10 per under-16

We have also received eight pairs of wheelchair & attendant tickets and an allocation of ambulant disabled & attendant tickets priced as follows:

£25 per adult, young adults (aged 16-20) or student

£20 per over-65

£10 per under-16

Parking is available to disabled supporters at a cost of £6 and can be booked by contacting Sheila Maybury at Aston Villa on 0121 327 2299 ext 344.

Please also note that for any concessionary ticket purchased, proof of age will be required on entry into the stadium.

Tickets are limited to one ticket per applicable supporter, and a maximum of four tickets per transaction when purchasing on behalf of other applicable supporters. The purchaser must be included amongst the applicable supporters when purchasing additional tickets.

There will be a total of 15 Loyalty Points awarded to supporters purchasing tickets for this fixture, which may be used to gain ticket priority on future ticket sales. The customer number of each attending supporter must be given at the point of sale in order for Loyalty Points to be awarded. Points cannot be awarded to individual customer numbers retrospectively.

Unfortunately I can't make this one, which is very annoying as Villa was one I was planning to go to as I've never been to Villa Park. Hopefully they'll be next year...

It will sell out but anyone who wants one will get one.

So you think exactly 2,977 Saints fans want a ticket for this game then? Not one person more or one person less.

Looking forward to receiving my 15 loyalty points which I can't use for anything :adore:

Didn't they say in the summer that points from ticket purchases could be used in the club shop? Have they actually done that?

I think the loyalty points thing will be kept an eye on, yet not used this season. It may be used at the end of the season when demand is high, but think it will probably come into play as of next season.
So you think the club lied to us about using it this year or just don't have a system that actually works at the moment?

It will sell out but anyone who wants one will get one.

So you think exactly 2,977 Saints fans want a ticket for this game then? Not one person more or one person less.

Yes. That is exactly what I meant.

Why are you sure of the 2,977 number?

If 2,976 or less Saints fans want a ticket then it hasn't "sold out" as you said it definitely would. If 2,978 or more Saints fans want a ticket then "anyone who wants one will get one" isn't true.

So with 2,977 they got it "just right" ala Goldilocks?

just-right.png

Good work from the ticket office then! :p

(semantics and irrelevant I know, but I love that stuff... :toppa:)

Edited by Matthew Le God

If 2,976 or less Saints fans want a ticket then it hasn't "sold out" as you said it definitely would. If 2,978 or more Saints fans want a ticket then "anyone who wants one will get one" isn't true.

just-right.png

Just a hunch.

So you think the club lied to us about using it this year or just don't have a system that actually works at the moment?

I think they fully intended on using it this season, but haven't yet managed to get it working. Therefore, still stating how many points you'd get (if it was working) just in case they get it up and running come the end of the season.

FWIW I don't think it'll sell out but think they'll be a good 2500 there.

I think they fully intended on using it this season, but haven't yet managed to get it working. Therefore, still stating how many points you'd get (if it was working) just in case they get it up and running come the end of the season.

FWIW I don't think it'll sell out but think they'll be a good 2500 there.

To be honest its what they should have done anyway; you can't just start a loyalty points system from scratch like they intended to do. You either give ST holders an upfront stash of points to prioritise them ahead of others, or you keep a record of points for at least half a season and then introduce from that. The chaos at the start of the season over who could qualify for Arsenal away was as avoidable as it was poorly thought out.

Didn't they say in the summer that points from ticket purchases could be used in the club shop? Have they actually done that?

I think they might have mentioned it but probably more as a "this is what we're looking at in the future" sort of thing rather than "loyalty points accrued can be used to claim discounts in the megastore immediately".

Don't forget, the megastore had a full refit in the summer but that refit didn't include fitting any scanners for season ticket cards. They've only just had Chip and Pin installed, FFS :lol:

They did say that, once, back when they were allocating points based on ££s spent and not games attended. My online account showed a number of points equivalent to the cost of my ST for a few weeks in the summer.

They, presumably, then realised that meant the people who received concessions (including the disabled) would be discriminated against because their tickets were cheaper and probably due to that being against the law they dropped the whole idea.

At the point when they realise that they're only making the disabled customers queue in the rain for away tickets because they don't offer an online system that actually works for them (correct price and number of tickets for disabled and carer), they might actually have cracked the "not discriminating against the disabled" angle.

Edited by The9

To be honest its what they should have done anyway; you can't just start a loyalty points system from scratch like they intended to do. You either give ST holders an upfront stash of points to prioritise them ahead of others, or you keep a record of points for at least half a season and then introduce from that. The chaos at the start of the season over who could qualify for Arsenal away was as avoidable as it was poorly thought out.

Actually I think the logical methodology which they'd chosen to do it was spot on, they have just proven unable to actually implement it into the online system.

Agreed in principle with the point about it being wrong that previous attendance was not worth anything, but I don't think ST holding is necessarily the right criteria.

It also wasn't why there was confusion for the Arsenal game. I'm not entirely sure there was that much confusion for the Arsenal game, anyone who wanted to go worked out very quickly that the only way to guarantee it was to go to the Etihad, and my whole group basically did that for that reason alone. Anyone who wanted to go to Arsenal could queue jump STs just by getting one for Man City, and a northern away which is on the box is a good way of sifting those who should have priority.

IF the points system was working properly it would be fairer, and to be begrudgingly fair to the club, they have now put 90% of the information you'd need to work out your points on one page, which wasn't there earlier in the season. The ticketing page now has which opponent is in each category and how many points those games are worth - the only thing missing is the stuff about extra Man City and Sheff Wed (home) points.

I don't think it'll sell out.

I'm not going to Villa, but then I told This Charming Man that early in the season, so I'm sure it's been factored into the calculations. If my wife changes her mind and we both go, I'll be sure to arrange for someone else who wanted a ticket to be killed.

Actually I think the logical methodology which they'd chosen to do it was spot on, they have just proven unable to actually implement it into the online system.

Agreed in principle with the point about it being wrong that previous attendance was not worth anything, but I don't think ST holding is necessarily the right criteria.

It also wasn't why there was confusion for the Arsenal game. I'm not entirely sure there was that much confusion for the Arsenal game, anyone who wanted to go worked out very quickly that the only way to guarantee it was to go to the Etihad, and my whole group basically did that for that reason alone. Anyone who wanted to go to Arsenal could queue jump STs just by getting one for Man City, and a northern away which is on the box is a good way of sifting those who should have priority.

IF the points system was working properly it would be fairer, and to be begrudgingly fair to the club, they have now put 90% of the information you'd need to work out your points on one page, which wasn't there earlier in the season. The ticketing page now has which opponent is in each category and how many points those games are worth - the only thing missing is the stuff about extra Man City and Sheff Wed (home) points.

It wasn't spot on at all. At least not for the first few games. There was zero proper priority in place for longer term customers; it was simply a case of "buy tickets for this season and you're in, we don't/can't really take into consideration anything before that". At least half a season of points, or favouring ST holders would have been better and fairer than the "oh Christ, this'll have to do" approach that we ended up taking.

Still don't understand why the LC away games mean nothing towards how many aways people have been to. Stupid IMO

Agreed. IMO, they should mean more if anything. Stevenage away is hardly the most desirable of away days - no disrespect intended!

Emailed the club regarding LC games not being included in the sales criteria. It's bonkers that you make a 500 mile round trip on a Tuesday night to watch the reserves yet can't use the "loyalty points" that were awarded in any way. If I get a reply the I shall share it on here.

With regards to will it or won't it sell out, we took 1700 to Everton at £35 a pop and 2000 to Liverpool at £42 (that sold out) so I think this will sell out. New ground for the younger generation and a big big game in terms of league position/survival.

just-right.png

You are quite possibly the most tedious man alive.

"Saints have been allocated 2,977 tickets for the trip to Aston Villa on Saturday 12th January 2013 (3pm kick off)."

I think we should demand the other 23 tickets. 10% of capacity or 3,000, the cheating b'stards :p

LOL at this ... the 'home' end will be 80% full at best.

(I know it's segregation etc but in an MLG sort of way, shouldn't their away allocation equal 10%?)

Emailed the club regarding LC games not being included in the sales criteria. It's bonkers that you make a 500 mile round trip on a Tuesday night to watch the reserves yet can't use the "loyalty points" that were awarded in any way. If I get a reply the I shall share it .

Quelle surprise, no reply.

Liverpool was £42 a ticket and we sold out for that.

We did.

That's all they give out now.

We didnt, we were 900 or so short.

Man City and Arsenal have both had just shy of 3000 there this year. After failing to sell out Man City in August SFC are wary of taking bigger allocations as they have to foot the bill if it doesnt sell out.

• 2 weeks later...

just-right.png

The actual number of fans who will want tickets is 2,934. 43 of th fans in this number are saps that aren't allowed to go anywhere without their birds who will jealously insist on coming even if they don't want to, hence why we will sell exactly 2,977. Glad to assist.

It's shameful that we can't sell out for a game of this magnitude. If it was in London it would've sold out in a day and people would be begging for tickets on here on a daily basis. Though this requires travelling an hour further, therfore most can't be bothered.

Week to go yet.

Took way more to Stoke than I expected and Villa has more appeal to most.