Please don't shame our club on Saturday

Turkish

I know Christmas is a tense time and a crucial period for clubs with so many games packed so close together and Saturday is a huge game for SFC with a real relegation six pointer. However can I plead with you not to let your festive spirit overflow into the stands on Saturday and not shame the name of our great football club by Embarassing us with behaviour not befitting of being a true saints fan. This includes but is not limited to;

The wearing of Santa hats

The wearing of elf hats

The wearing of reindeer antlers

Last year our club was shamed by fans engaging in such behaviour and I hope that the 'kick fancy dress out' campaign TSW has run this year is effective in stamping out this sort of disgraceful behaviour. Remember just because you're at a football match it doesn't mean you can dress and act like a p*ick.

KICK iT OUT.

My Mrs asked my lad if he wanted a Santa hat for the game on Saturday. "I'm not a Muppet mum" was his reply.

I was so proud. :)

And rightly so!

Think you need to have a word with your Missus mate, I thought she would know better than to ask such a question!

I know Christmas is a tense time and a crucial period for clubs with so many games packed so close together and Saturday is a huge game for SFC with a real relegation six pointer. However can I plead with you not to let your festive spirit overflow into the stands on Saturday and not shame the name of our great football club by Embarassing us with behaviour not befitting of being a true saints fan. This includes but is not limited to;

The wearing of elf hats

Last year our club was shamed by fans engaging in such behaviour and I hope that the 'kick fancy dress out' campaign TSW has run this year is effective in stamping out this sort of disgraceful behaviour. Remember just because you're at a football match it doesn't mean you can dress and act like a p*ick.

KICK iT OUT.

thanks for that i think i get a santa hat now for the sunderland and a elf one for the fulham match.:poundit:

Pretty certain the fair weather block 43 lot that are guaranteed to be on MOTD if a goals scored at that end, will be "father christmased up" all the way! I will just look down and shake my head surrounded by the well dressed masses at the back of block 2/ 3 (minus the rather scruffy and permanently boozed up group of 50 year olds that wear 70's replica shirts whatever the weather/ temperature).

Does this include not wearing 'colours' then? Pah, I've got the hat already to go so there'll definitely be Christmas Spirit in the Kingsland.
don,t wear scarves or bring rattles either or they will think you are a football fan;) and you will have the poor boy fashion victims after you:hunt:

The 80% of saints fans who dont read this forum will not give a hoot either way, so 10% of them will wear Santa hats and why not? Worry about whats on the pitch in front of you, not what headgear someone has fgs! Bah humbug....

Jesus, 10% of 80%, off the top of my head that's 2400 (ish) potential customers for my start up business selling Santa hats.

The 80% of saints fans who dont read this forum will not give a hoot either way, so 10% of them will wear Santa hats and why not? Worry about whats on the pitch in front of you, not what headgear someone has fgs! Bah humbug....

It shames our club having Middle aged men dressed like prats.

Last year I saw a bloke in his 60s wearing an elf hat and there is usually a bloke in the northam who wear reindeer antlers. When I saw them last season I had never been so embarrassed to be a saints fan.

It shames our club having Middle aged men dressed like prats. Last year I saw a bloke in his 60s wearing an elf hat and there is usually a bloke in the northam who wear reindeer antlers. When I saw them last season I had never been so embarrassed to be a saints fan.

Why are you embarrassed by what someone else wears? :?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Why are you embarrassed by what someone else wears? :?

The image it projects of my club and city Matthew. I know this sort of thing doesn't matter on computer games but in the real world it does to those who care about how our club is perceived

The image it projects of my club and city Matthew. I know this sort of thing doesn't matter on computer games but in the real world it does to those who care about how our club is perceived

So you're saying if we looked at the crowds of any other Premiership club this weekend we'd not see any Santas hats? Suggest you go to Poundland as they've got a "Bah Humbug" hat you could wear.

Why do you care? I think it is daft and wouldn't come to a football ground in fancy dress or Christmas clobber, but I'm not "embarrassed" because of the poor dress sense of someone else I don't know that supports the same eleven men running around a field kicking a ball.

Edited by Matthew Le God

The wearing of elf hats

KICK iT OUT.

I'm guessing, based on your normal style of posting and self confessed posting history, that this is a wind up / ironic and that in fact you really want to see as many of these things as possible. Sorry I can't help you myself as I wouldn't be seen dead in any of the above but you go for it. :D

It shames our club having Middle aged men dressed like prats.

Last year I saw a bloke in his 60s wearing an elf hat and there is usually a bloke in the northam who wear reindeer antlers. When I saw them last season I had never been so embarrassed to be a saints fan.

People having a laugh, and enjoying their day out, which they have spent (a reasonable amount) of their hard-earned cash on is embarrassing to the club?

This thread is more embarrassing, some people need to get a sense of humour.

People having a laugh, and enjoying their day out, which they have spent (a reasonable amount) of their hard-earned cash on is embarrassing to the club?

This thread is more embarrassing, some people need to get a sense of humour.

I must be missing how its 'having a laugh' or what the joke is about wearing a Santa hat or reindeer Antlers. Please explain.

I must be missing how its 'having a laugh' or what the joke is about wearing a Santa hat or reindeer Antlers. Please explain.

Some people enjoy it. Personally, I wouldn't do it. But I really don't see what harm it is doing to anyone.

It's christmas, and people like to celebrate by wearing silly things like Santa Hats or Reindeer ears. Again, I wouldn't be doing it, but I can't see how it can bother you so much. If people are enjoying it, and it's not hurting anyone - then what's the problem?

Is this rooted to something deeper? Did Santa sneek into your room as a kid? Did you catch him with mummy one night?

Some people enjoy it. Personally, I wouldn't do it. But I really don't see what harm it is doing to anyone.

It's christmas, and people like to celebrate by wearing silly things like Santa Hats or Reindeer ears. Again, I wouldn't be doing it, but I can't see how it can bother you so much. If people are enjoying it, and it's not hurting anyone - then what's the problem?

Is this rooted to something deeper? Did Santa sneek into your room as a kid? Did you catch him with mummy one night?

Sorry. Despite your quite frankly repulsive suggestions that my failure to find 'comedy' hats funny is linked to pedophilia or tarnishing the name of my dead mother I'm still struggling to see the joke. Although I'm sure you're laughing at yourself for your pedophile joke or imagining Santa f*cking my mums ashes you sick, vulgar c*nt.

I'm more embarassed by thuggish behaviour in our fans rather than the innocent fun that some might derive from wearing what they like on matchdays. I'd much rather that people harmlessly looked like a prat, rather than behaving like one and disgracing the Club and City because they got their activities reported in the local and national media.

About a million years ago when I was a student at Southampton University we had our 'Rag day'. I sat outside one of the big stores just Above the Bargate and with a bucket by my side,a three foot cane in my hand with my fishingline down a drain I just waited for the question. Sure enough someone would come and ask me 'Caught anything yet?' I nodded and said 'Throw a couple of bob in the bucket please'. The penny dropped.Anyone seen wearing anything remotely like Christmas should donate to the 'Turkish Charity' immediately because he's 'caught you'.

I completely agree with Turkish on this one. People like me and him like to go to the game so that we can look at other men it is really shameful when you don't make an effort to look good. We aren't really into football but love the excitement of being surrounded by lots of men, all dressed smart and sexy in Stone Island, etc. It is also for this reason that you'll often see me and Turkish saying that women shouldn't be allowed to go to the football. It dilutes the view of lovely men for us.

Just want to check with the Fashion Police: which of the following suits can I wear under my Burberry Trench Coat, Boss, Armani, Prada or Gucci.

Ooops nearly forgot I have each in Navy, Grey, and Sable although would be reluctant to wear the latter if it's raining as the bottoms get grubby too easily......... And the gutters in the gents are not the best for splashback

Thanks in advance.

:smug:

I played Golf last night. With 8 Santas, 2 Elves, a confused lad from Harrogate in a Santa mini skirt (could have shaved his legs FFS), A Company Director in full drag as Mrs Santa, a Snowman and Tigger. Oh, and of course, 5 Dancing Bears

I (of course) went dressed as a Wise Man and handed out Gold Coins to everyone (The Cadbury's kind FFS) (Oh and yes you will be able to google a photo when the pics get published in the press down here next week)

This Saturday we are going to the Pub dressed in our Santa Hats.

We kinda enjoy doing this as it makes all the geeks wearing Armani look stupid.