Saints 0 Sunderland 1 - Post Match Reactions

St Chalet

very poor from all really..the players and the manager...hardly (if at all) shots on target...

if Ramirez played for another team we would laugh very loudly about the waste of money spent...he is way too inconsistent...

mayuka looked lost in the 1st half....

puncheon was poor

on another note...I would say Guly was MoM with De Ridder a close 2nd

edit, to be in this position after the run of fixtures we have had at home is poor

It is going to be a tough couple of months. No real threat up front if Lambert isn't hitting them in. Ramirez isn't working out as good as we had hoped (so far) and we resorted to throwing on reserve players, with little real match experience to change the game. Our lack of depth and quality is being shown up again. Sunderland were absolutely terrible, but we were much worse.

Utterly abject. Disgusting performance. Half the team didn't look interested, must have felt down because of the rain.

Lambert did nothing, Mayuka was disappointing, De Ridder was about as exciting as a hard boiled egg and Puncheon looked like his dog had died. Where was Rodriguez? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Massive response required at Fulham after that disgrace.

Great credit to MON for his tactics today. Sunderland worked their socks off to close us down and deny our creative players any space.

Once they stopped Puncheon & with Ramirez having a cameo game we didn't have enough nous to find a way out of the stranglehold.

Dreadful result, makes Xmas very tough now.

Oh and a well done to SDR for not looking awful when he came on and putting the ONLY decent cross in all day from his first corner. Shame about every other ball.

Those who have said Puncheon is a flat track bully? Yep been proven (again) today. Taters comment? Worst they have seen us play since Wigan

Never mind. Good job we have a yoyo strategy in place...etc

By god you are boring. You spout the same drivel week in week out. We get it you believe we are a YOYO club. Maybe we are maybe we aren't. Only time will tell. And until then we will all grace you with the "I told you so" time. But please until then change the record.

Ramirez, Puncheon, Schneiderlin and Mayuka were rubbish today. Def missing Lallana,s play and balls in to the box.

On a positive note, defence looked solid and De Ridder was lively.

Logging of for the night as I am angry with Saints and have loads of work to do:x

We need to play Reeves out left for the next couple of games.

None of the wide men played well, one corner from De Ridder does not count as a good performance, although that is better than his usual contribution.

Guly looked lively though, but it needs a rethink for Fulham.

Winnable ? Sunderland's defence was far too good for our attack. We just do not have it where it counts. Playing De Ridder shows just how desperate we were.

DeRidder did fine up against the rest of the team. I have to assume that he's been doing really well in training and earned a chance in the team

By god you are boring. You spout the same drivel week in week out. We get it you believe we are a YOYO club. Maybe we are maybe we aren't. Only time will tell. And until then we will all grace you with the "I told you so" time. But please until then change the record.

Please calm down, I made the comment in an ironic way. Jeez I wouldn't think you are much fun down the pub !

Bit of a lame performance. Sunderland wanted it more. Puncheion, Ramirez, Mayuka and Lambert were not at the races which = Crap Saints. On a positive note I didn't think we defended too badly.

Both Lambert and Puncheon had little chance today because MON chucked two men on them every time - probably because he is a top manager who has done his homework...

Oh dear that really did sound cack. Worried that we are running out of home games against the weaker sides,and the return from the ones we've played does not look good enough tbh. We are going to have to beat some top sides now to redress the balance. Have we got it in us.................:uhoh:

Poor. Really f**king poor. Home defeat to Sunderland after 2 week break, FFS.

We do not have the wherewithall to grasp our own destiny and pull away from the drop zone.

The rest of the season looks like it will frustrating and disappointing.

we're never any good after 2 week breaks, be alright on Wednesday.

disappointing result, the rain certainly interrupted our play too much. defensively we were okay though

surprised to see de ridder coming on, who worked his socks off but provided some dreadful deliveries

sunderland are fortunate to go home with three points but have some tough fixtures ahead.

Poor. Really f**king poor. Home defeat to Sunderland after 2 week break, FFS.

We do not have the wherewithall to grasp our own destiny and pull away from the drop zone.

The rest of the season looks like it will frustrating and disappointing.[/quote

Wondered when this **** would surface again

Puncheon had a bad game, Ramirez had his poorest game since signing, Cuellar & O'Shea had Lambert in their pocket and the service up to Mayuka first half was all wrong & Cork/Morgan got out battled in midfield.

Horrible performance, but a decent opportunity to bounce back against a nosediving Fulham on Boxing Day.

Poor all round. Why did we look so lethargic? What have they been doing during the two-week gap? Did they go away for a few days in the sun to recharge their batteries and bond a bit or did they just waste their time?

What worried me is that Sunderland looked sharper and seemed to want it more - we were second to the ball too often and hardly troubled their keeper at all. A very disappointing performance against another poor side.