Fulham build up

Thedelldays

now we have the best run of fixtures we will get the season out of the way...we are sit outside of the relegation zone on GD..not really good enough from the team lately with the home games we have had....

anyway, fulham are getting well beat at liverpool at the mo and are on a terrible run of form...we really need to pick up points on the road and really at fulham..I think our record at the cottage is terrible..not that has any bearing though

2-2 IMO

as for team

Cant see Mayuka starting, not after his performance against s'land...

back 5 picks itself....then do you put ramirez on the left or in the middle...or on the bench..?

Edited by Thedelldays

2-2 IMO

as for team

Cant see Mayuka starting, not after his performance against villa....

back 5 picks itself....then do you put ramirez on the left or in the middle...or on the bench..?

I actually thought he was great against Villa.... ;)

Sorry...

Well, I would stay with the same starting XI, give them a chance to redeem them self and for Mayuka I think he will fit in better in an away game at the moment...

Not sure what to expect from this one. Fulham aren't a bad side, and at home they are strong 90% of the time - so this is a tricky one for us.

A draw would be a decent result from our next 2 away games if i'm honest, then we can look to spring a suprise in the Arsenal home game.....we need a win out of 1 of the 3 xmas games though, that's for sure.

Luckily for us Wigan have, possibly, harder fixtures looking at it. They're away at Everton on Boxing day...will be interesting.

I just have bad feelings from this game, as I remember back in 2004 (i think) I went up there on boxing day, after riding high in 4th position, we lost after a **** performance. Think Saha got the goals iirc. I always saw that result as the ''beginning of the end'' - everything went to the ****ter after that result.

I'm always wary of Fulham's home form but I think we can get something from there. I'd go with a team of

Davis

Clyne - Fonte - Yoshi - Shaw

De Ridder - Morgan - Cork - Puncheon

Gaston

Lambert

I'm sure I will get blasted for suggesting De Ridder but Riise isn't exactly quick these days.

Big game and one where we should be capable of getting something if we play well. I don't rate the current Fulham team, they have got worse this season and if one of the bottom four or five puts some decent results together they could well end up in the relegation battle IMO.

So, our team. I think we need to find a way to be harder to beat in away games. Generally speaking, our defence is much better now but we are just too cavalier. We have only managed not to lose in one away game and that was against a dreadful opponent. If we could have just turned two of those defeats into draws we would be in a much stronger position.

We need a solid midfield three made up of proper central midfielders. That means changing the shape of the front four and, indeed, it means they become a three. The corollary of that is that they need to be mobile and so it follows that Lambert must be benched.

I would pick this team:

------------------------------KD/Boruc----------------------------

Clyne---------------Fonte------------------Yoshida-------------Shaw

-------------------------------Schneiderlin--------------------------

------------------------Cork--------------Ward-Prowse------------

-----------Puncheon----------------------------Ramirez-----------

------------------------------Rodriguez---------------------------

Sub: KD/Boruc, Hooiveld/Richardson, Fox, Davis, Lee, Mayuka, Lambert

Agree with that team, although I think NA is more likely to play Steve Davis rather than JWP though.

Simon Peach reckons Bryan Ruiz will still be out injured for this game which is a massive plus for us. They've only won 1 in 9 but are good at home so it's a difficult one to call really. Really hope Lallana can return for this but it's unlikely as the consensus seems to be that he'll be out for a while

Lambert back up front where he should be, Mayuka up top won't work because we don't even try to adapt our style of play to suit anything other than Lambert at CF.

Davis

Clyne

Fonte

Yoshida

Shaw

Cork

Schneiderlin

Puncheon

Ramirez

Rodriguez

Lambert

Subs: Boruc, Hooiveld, Richardson, S Davis, Mayuka, SDR, Guly

Lambert back up front where he should be, Mayuka up top won't work because we don't even try to adapt our style of play to suit anything other than Lambert at CF.

Davis

Clyne

Fonte

Yoshida

Shaw

Cork

Schneiderlin

Puncheon

Ramirez

Rodriguez

Lambert

Subs: Boruc, Hooiveld, Richardson, S Davis, Mayuka, SDR, Guly

i'd drop Lambert, Baird and Hangeland are too good for him, put JRod on point and put Davis or Guly into midfield.

Fulham will have Sidwell back I think and he makes a lot of difference to them in the middle, showed yesterday.

maybe Villa are getting what we would have got...!! Who knows, that postponement may work in our favor!

If we only lose 2-0, then yes lol

It would only be a matter of time before Chelsea hot real form. Rafa is no mug. Will make them harder to beat and that would be enough with their firepower

Jay Rod has to lead the line - without Lallana, Puncheon and Ramirez on the pitch to run at the opposition Lambert just isn't mobile enough to find the time and space he needs - plus Hangeland will dominate him in the air.

Hangeland absolutely destroyed Rodriguez in the home game; even more so after Lambert was substituted.

Also I'm not sure what you're saying about Puncheon and Ramirez; why would they not be on the pitch against Fulham?

Got to be

-------------------------DAVIS------------------------

CLYNE-------FONTE---------MAYA--------SHAW

-----------------CORK---------MORGAN-----------

PUNCH-------------RAMIREZ---------------GULY

---------------------RODRIGUEZ--------------------

Subs: Boruc, Richardson, Jos, Davis, Reeves, Lambert, Mayuka

I'd be tempted to have Lee on the bench for Mayuka, but I think he can make an impact if he's utilised properly. Rickie to come on in the second half to give a tiring defence a bit of trouble. He'll be vital at Stoke 3 days later as well, so need him fresh for that.

What want to know why is there a all London game off on Boxing Day due to the tube strike, but ours game in London is on. Am I missing something.

I think we will nick this one 1-2.

Got a ticket for this one, thinking a day out at the footy on boxing day will make a nice change from the usual in laws 'party'. Imagine my disappointment as I discover not only that a/There's a tube strike on but b/The overland trains don't run on boxing day anyway. Anyone want to buy a ticket?

Got a ticket for this one, thinking a day out at the footy on boxing day will make a nice change from the usual in laws 'party'. Imagine my disappointment as I discover not only that a/There's a tube strike on but b/The overland trains don't run on boxing day anyway. Anyone want to buy a ticket?

Still coach tickets left i'd imagine.

We need a natural left footer in that role and Ramirez is better suited in the centre so I would think about Richardson right back, Clyne left back and shaw pushes up to fill the role.

Shame we have so many academy players that are right footed as they could of slotted in a trouble position.

We need a natural left footer in that role and Ramirez is better suited in the centre so I would think about Richardson right back, Clyne left back and shaw pushes up to fill the role.

Shame we have so many academy players that are right footed as they could of slotted in a trouble position.

No thanks, Shaw looks limited going forward.

we need to start picking up points away..our away form is utterly dire...puts massive pressure on home games...when we dont have that many left now

Our away form is pretty non-existent this year, it pains me to say - but the away form has never been a massively strong point with NA, we've had countless away stinkers over the last few seasons (Doncaster, Bristol City, Brighton, Blackpool, Boro - to name a few from last year). Up until this year though, our home form has been untouchable, which is probably why we're in the PL right now. If we're going to stay in it, it needs to become untouchable again.

Not keen on relying on our away form, can't see it changing massively.

Our away form is pretty non-existent this year, it pains me to say - but the away form has never been a massively strong point with NA, we've had countless away stinkers over the last few seasons (Doncaster, Bristol City, Brighton, Blackpool, Boro - to name a few from last year). Up until this year though, our home form has been untouchable, which is probably why we're in the PL right now. If we're going to stay in it, it needs to become untouchable again.

If we rely on our home form we will go down, we need wins away and fast.

Fulham is winnable.

if we dont pick up more points away...we are going to have to beat chelsea, man city, arsenal as well as others at home.....we are good at home but not good enough to beat those 3 as well as stoke, etc

if we dont pick up more points away...we are going to have to beat chelsea, man city, arsenal as well as others at home.....we are good at home but not good enough to beat those 3 as well as stoke, etc

Our home form isn't even that good

Swansea

Fulham

Wigan

Sunderland

Norwich

3 points out of 15 from those winnable games.