Billy Sharp

teacher

On the basis of what we've seen of Mayuka so far I'd rather have Billy.

He was leading scorer pre-season and looked sharp (excuse pun). We may never know whether he could have stepped up to the Prem as he never got the chance.

I do wonder if he had a wish to return closer to the North but I seem to remember it being reported that he wasn't that happy with the loan move.

I was expecting to see a thread like this when I scored he had scored 2 goals today (one of them a penalty).

Obviously, there is no difference between the championship and the prem.

Most people were surprised and disapointed to see him be allowed to go. He wouldn't have started for us but would have been a great option to have off the bench when we've needed a goal.

I was expecting to see a thread like this when I scored he had scored 2 goals today (one of them a penalty).

Obviously, there is no difference between the championship and the prem.

Yeah, the oddest thing is that there has not been any get Bialkowski threads back.....he´s doing fine where he is so must have been a big mistake letting him go.....

Yeah, the oddest thing is that there has not been any get Bialkowski threads back.....he´s doing fine where he is so must have been a big mistake letting him go.....

yeah...you are right, how odd

harlee dean is another I am amazed no one is talking about

Edited by Thedelldays

Most people were surprised and disapointed to see him be allowed to go. He wouldn't have started for us but would have been a great option to have off the bench when we've needed a goal.

I agree. I was one of them. I also thought he was bang on form in pre-season. I also thought J-Rod and Chung would be great coming off the bench. They would both probably also have a few good games in the Champ, leading to threads like this, if they were to be loaned to a decent Champ team for the 2nd half of the season.

Sharp isn't good enough for the Prem, wouldnt suit the one up one behind system and would be 4 players ahead of him.

Good player yes, but you have to put sentiments behind. When we got him any Prem team could have taken him if they wanted to.

I remember when lambert would not be good enough for the prem...Fonte DEFINITELY was not good enough for the prem.

no, you are 100% right, sharp is gash and in now way would have scored more than our £10m pairing for mayuka and rodriguez...

I agree. I was one of them. I also thought he was bang on form in pre-season. I also thought J-Rod and Chung would be great coming off the bench. They would both probably also have a few good games in the Champ, leading to threads like this, if they were to be loaned to a decent Champ team for the 2nd half of the season.

I've never understood the whole building up of Lee. He was the man of the moment when he joined because he scored a decent goal and ran around a lot.he then got injured and a number of people claiming he was going to be a great player based on a couple of energetic performances against lower mid table championship sides. I certainly didn't see anything to convince me he was going to be the top class premier league player many on here claimed he was going to be.

Sharp isn't good enough for the Prem, wouldnt suit the one up one behind system and would be 4 players ahead of him.

Good player yes, but you have to put sentiments behind. When we got him any Prem team could have taken him if they wanted to.

I would much rather Sharp come off the bench when we need a goal then Mayuka, Guly or Lee.

I appreciate that he is unproven at Prem level but I am still amazed we loaned him out. Whats the harm in keeping him around??

Most of our team were unproven in the premier league so that doesn't stack up. seems odd, Sharp was massive in getting us promoted and looked good in preseason.

Odd that the same people who are now laughing at those who said there wasn't much difference between the NPC and the Prem are now saying that because Sharp is scoring goals in the NPC he would be effective in the Prem...

Who is saying that?

I remember when lambert would not be good enough for the prem...Fonte DEFINITELY was not good enough for the prem.

no, you are 100% right, sharp is gash and in now way would have scored more than our £10m pairing for mayuka and rodriguez...

Cant see anywhere I said he was gash, infact you will see I said he is a good player, just not good enough for the Prem, nothing wrong with that, its an opinion I have, which NA and numerous other Prem managers must also think.

Meh

He has always done well in the champ ? Whats changed ? He did well last year and deemed not good enough so we let him go ? He is only doing what he has always done, our problem is a lack of creativity in forward positions, he wont change that and doesnt possess Mayuka's pace who now after one start is the new whipping boy (no surprise there)

Cash in on Billy, someone told me we wouldnt get 5m, I think we could.

He doesnt fit our system, end of.

Maybe he could be on his way back after all.

For no apparent reason, up there with our bizarre sacking of Pardew, forest have sacked O'Driscoll

We are getting reports that Nottingham Forest have sacked manager Sean O'Driscoll. Quite right too - they only beat Leeds 4-2 earlier today.

Truly bizarre.