Artur Boruc

niemi14

Why is Boruc not been in the first team since his arrival?

This is a goalkeeper who was a regular in Serie A last season, has vast international experience with 46 caps for Poland and experience playing in the Champions League.

I don't agree with the argument that he is 'overweight' or fat. He has a big build and this has always been part of why he has been so good for the team's he has played for. At 6'4", his frame is very imposing and this helps his dominate his area. I feel he would have made a huge difference against Stoke's direct threat yesterday.

Finally, I don't believe his lack of games is just down to the Tottenham 'incident'. It must be something else. If it is only down to this incident, then I think it is confusing the management are costing us points with their decisions over a complaint from a few pathetic fans who can't take a show of passion or aggression from one of the players. That is just what we need to drag ourselves out of the relegation scrap in my opinion.

His appearances coincided with the two matches that I thought were our lowest points that I'd seen this season. I thought we were horrible in those games, especially the defence, and we got better soon after he was dropped again. It may have been coincidence and Kelvin's had a second chance after a weak start. I was glad to see him dropped because I felt the team was so poor with him in it, but maybe it's time to see if he can improve things.

Does not take his football serious as he smokes like a chimney, just like Danny Fox, filthy habit for fitness fanatics.

This is what i am told, he is far from professional, everything a professional footballer should be he is not.

A goalkeeper is a MUST in this window other wise we can all kiss goodbye to the Barclays' Premier League.

but we knew that when we signed him right ? Or is he a closet chain-smoker?

His 'history' was well known to anyone that cared to look or ask! I saw him as a panic signing and hoped to be proved wrong. Sadly, I haven't. As for us needing a GK, yes we do. I admire what KD has done but that is in the past.

you think he had an interview

LOL

Of course they sit down with the manager/chairman to discuss their plans and our plans etc.... Interview, discussion.... whatever you want to call it.

Im pretty sure they don't just turn up and sign on the dotted line after the agent has spoken.

Of course they sit down with the manager/chairman to discuss their plans and our plans etc.... Interview, discussion.... whatever you want to call it.

Im pretty sure they don't just turn up and sign on the dotted line after the agent has spoken.

every man and his dog knows what boruc is like

my celtic supporting friends in glasgow said he is a nutter...the best keeper they have had for a generation and far too good for saints....if we kept him in the team and fit...

don't they usually have a medical ? Perhaps he lied to the docs about yellow fingers and fag smoked lungs.

Do you really think he was going to say on his interview with the manager that I like to pop out the back for a fag every hour?

So what if he smokes? He's not running around, just standing in goal and if he needs a fag every hour then that shouldn't be a problem because each half is only 45minutes.

Everyone that I know who knows anything about football was astonished when we signed him, saying he is brilliant. I just don't get what's happened. I got my fingers crossed that he becomes brilliant again.

So what if he smokes? He's not running around, just standing in goal and if he needs a fag every hour then that shouldn't be a problem because each half is only 45minutes.

Everyone that I know who knows anything about football was astonished when we signed him, saying he is brilliant. I just don't get what's happened. I got my fingers crossed that he becomes brilliant again.

Not sure that Shilts wasn't a bit of a smoker, he certainly had an eye for the ladies and a bit more than that as a rule. Used to bump into him in the Silhouette from time to time, rarely with the same woman though.

In the three games I have seen him play for the club, he let in 9 goals and looked very ordinary. My view, if he was as good as some on here are making out, there is no way Davis would still be in goal, especially as Boruc looks like he has lost a lot of weight. After Davis's sub standard display yesterday, if Boruc doesn't play v Arsenal, he isn't rated and is just a back up.

Why is Boruc not been in the first team since his arrival?
He has been in the first team. I witnessed a very nervy display from him away at West Ham, where he scuffed two clearances straight to West Ham front-men but got away with it. Very unconvincing. He was also in goal against Spurs at home, where he played OK I thought - despite water bottle-gate. I don't think he is the answer to our problems though - and anyway, we defo need a longer term solution that Boruc.

There are many rumours from Celtic fans about Boruc's perasonal habits - smoking drinking womanising - but they would all take him back in an instant.

The comparisons with Shilts are interesting - I was not aware he was a smoker :lol:

Maybe they would like to do a trade with Fraser Forster...?

This is what i am told, he is far from professional, everything a professional footballer should be he is not.

A goalkeeper is a MUST in this window other wise we can all kiss goodbye to the Barclays' Premier League.

Claus was the same, but never stopped him being played. I hate smoking and agree no professional sportsman should smoke, but in reality it makes little difference at his age, and is of less consequence to a goalkeeper than an outfield player. Many footballers smoke, they also drink heavily, not good but really should not be a factor for a fit young (compared with me) footballer.

I really wanted him to be a success but after watching him against West Ham and after his spat against Spurs I don't want him in the team again. He was a panic signing that we should have never made.

So being booed and jeered by your own fans on your home debut had nothing to do with his reaction? Our fans can be awesome, especially away, but at home, we're sometimes right ****s.

Boruc was regarded as one of the best in the world, he should be given an opportunity with us.

Personally, I couldn't care less whether he smokes/drinks/turns up late to training or crosses himself in front of Rangers fans, as long as when he plays for Saints he gives is all that's all I ask. It's well known in Spain that Carles Puyol smokes a Cigar everytime Barca win, and it doesn't really affect him does it?

He's the best keeper ability wise and experience wise we have. 2 games and a little incident isn't enough to not play him, especially as the other 2 keepers we have keep making costly mistakes

In the Scottish Prem League if you keep goal for Celtic you can smoke a 3 large cigars during most matches? **** league with mainly **** goalkeepers.

He clearly isn't a **** goal keeper, as he showed with his time at International level, as well as his excellent 2 seasons in Serie A with Fiorentina.

He has been in the first team. I witnessed a very nervy display from him away at West Ham, where he scuffed two clearances straight to West Ham front-men but got away with it. Very unconvincing. He was also in goal against Spurs at home, where he played OK I thought - despite water bottle-gate. I don't think he is the answer to our problems though - and anyway, we defo need a longer term solution that Boruc.

Agreed, but that IMO is Gazza. Gazza has shown he has the talent and potential, just lacks experience (football and life). What we need now is immediate solidity and control in this position, somebody who has the experience to just step in and get on with it.

Since Boruc was brought in after Gazza and Davis, yet cannot make the starting 11 ahead either of them, it seems his playing days here are over.

In the sixties and seventies most players used to smoke. I think Paine smoked like a chimney, but he could skin any left back and keep going for 90 mins.

Of course nowadays fitness levels are much higher and training more scientific, but there's no reason at all why smoking would prevent one being a goalie-even though you probably wouldn't get to be a very old goalie!

Because he's dropped him for Kelvin and a 21 year old who both keep messing up.

So out of the thousands of reasons it could be, you've considered all of them and decided Nigel Adkins thinks a player he himself brought in is 'sh!t'

It can't be to do with him not having a proper pre-season, being unfit, anything like that?

I forget I'm posting on a forum full of mind readers.

So out of the thousands of reasons it could be, you've considered all of them and decided Nigel Adkins thinks a player he himself brought in is 'sh!t'

It can't be to do with him not having a proper pre-season, being unfit, anything like that?

I forget I'm posting on a forum full of mind readers.

Exactly how long do you think it takes to get a goalkeeper fit to play?

It's almost January FFS, if he isn't fit by now he has serious problems!

Exactly how long do you think it takes to get a goalkeeper fit to play?

It's almost January FFS, if he isn't fit by now he has serious problems!

I never said I was an expert on fitness, nor did I say that was the actual problem. I'm saying that you have no idea what Nigel Adkins is thinking, so to say he's been left out because he's definitely 'sh!t' in the eyes of a former goalkeeper who brought him to the club is a bit much.

FFS.

I never said I was an expert on fitness, nor did I say that was the actual problem. I'm saying that you have no idea what Nigel Adkins is thinking, so to say he's been left out because he's definitely 'sh!t' in the eyes of a former goalkeeper who brought him to the club is a bit much.

FFS.

He clearly rates Kelv and Gazza above Boruc. Maybe someone else on our famous transfer committee made the decision to bring him in?

Why did he leave Fiorentina anyway, I was on holiday when he signed, wasn't it after the transfer deadline when Kelv was conceding for fun?

Sooner Boruc leaves the better, i've watched him in numerous warm ups before matches and he hardly inspires confidence, he looks uninterested and lethargic to say the least. FFS get Butland in for £6 Million in January bet Brum would do a deal now that is if those Scousers haven't bagged him already

Sooner Boruc leaves the better, i've watched him in numerous warm ups before matches and he hardly inspires confidence, he looks uninterested and lethargic to say the least. FFS get Butland in for £6 Million in January bet Brum would do a deal now that is if those Scousers haven't bagged him already

Butland is pretty error-prone... Like Davis.

He has potential though I suppose... Like Gazzaniga.

The general level of intelligence on this forum has been summed up by this thread. What a bunch of tw4ts most of you are. Boruc is evidently the best option we have in goal. Those of you who genuinely think the past-it Davis and yet-to-be fulfilled potential of gazzaniga are better are quite simply idiots. It's a matter of fact, not opinion, that boruc is better. He just is, so get over it.

That said, it's also blindingly obvious that Adkins is not going to play boruc. Be it the water bottle incident, the fact he smokes, or just simply his arrogant attitude that doesn't fit our 'together as one' ethos, he is simply not Adkins' cup of tea. Either Adkins has to swallow his pride and play the better player, or we get another option in January. Or we ship points. None are great options, but for the sake of our survival I know which I'd take, at least in the short term.

The general level of intelligence on this forum has been summed up by this thread. What a bunch of tw4ts most of you are. Boruc is evidently the best option we have in goal. Those of you who genuinely think the past-it Davis and yet-to-be fulfilled potential of gazzaniga are better are quite simply idiots. It's a matter of fact, not opinion, that boruc is better. He just is, so get over it.

That said, it's also blindingly obvious that Adkins is not going to play boruc. Be it the water bottle incident, the fact he smokes, or just simply his arrogant attitude that doesn't fit our 'together as one' ethos, he is simply not Adkins' cup of tea. Either Adkins has to swallow his pride and play the better player, or we get another option in January. Or we ship points. None are great options, but for the sake of our survival I know which I'd take, at least in the short term.

Nobody has any idea why he is not playing so why the 2nd guessing?

For all we know Boruc could just been sitting on a stall in training sulking all the time.

Butland is not what we need. We need a confident, experienced goalkeeper.