Yoshida - Buy of the season?

Lighthouse

Reads the game so well and made some crucial interceptions tonight. Knows when to play it and when to stick it in the car park. I know a lot of people want a new CB in January and I'd tend to agree, however I wouldn't be dropping either of our current pair on current form.

I was convinced that cross in from the left on about 88 minutes would be tapped in but Yoshi was there to stick it out for a throw.

He's getting better and better. Thought him awesome at Stoke.

Totally agree. He is calm on the ball, does not panic under pressure, strong in the air, reads the game well but also knows when to row Z it. I think he is a great signing and he looks a natural leader as well.

I think that he's learnt from the mistakes he's made and in the game today, he cleared long when we were under pressure, but played short passes when they were on. Wins a lot in the air and seems to be very strong.

I do think that we need more cover at CB though, if Yoshi or Fonte get injured, I don't have confidence in Hooiveld and we have no-one else.

Just looked at the table on the beeb where they show the recent form. The last 10 games Saints have gained 14 points, only 2 loses and 10 goals conceded whereas the first 10 gained 4 points with 8 loses and 28 goals conceded. It's a question of how much is down to getting better while in the Premier League than against easier opposition.

Villa, Everton and United the next three will tells us more.

Just looked at the table on the beeb where they show the recent form. The last 10 games Saints have gained 14 points, only 2 loses and 10 goals conceded whereas the first 10 gained 4 points with 8 loses and 28 goals conceded. It's a question of how much is down to getting better while in the Premier League than against easier opposition.

Villa, Everton and United the next three will tells us more.

There is little doubt that Yoshida and Fonte are forming a decent partnership. It's no coincidence that when Fonte plays alongside Yoshida he looks better. For whatever reason last season I never felt Fonte looked comfortable alongside Hooliveld and this reflected in his performances. Of course Hooliveld was popular last season because he scored a few goals and clapped the fans after every game it in reality as a defender IMO he wasn't up to much, a competent championship defender but no more than that. I said this many times season and this and was told I was wrong.

Yoshida has proven to be a good defender and a good signing. We certainly do need another centre back but to get better than we have we are going to need to bring some real quality in, which can only be a good thing.

I've not seen any criticism of him?

Usual negative crowd, two you could guess who, saying mistake to sign him, panic buy, only signed for commercial reasons etc.

They are almost always wrong with their assessments and predictions

Had another great game today, really knew what to do against their "MASSIVE THROUGH BALL FOR EVERYTHING" tactic (hoof on the floor).

He's improved a lot and really gotten into the CB role (not so convinced as a lb or rb where he has been played for the first few games and struggled)

Yoshida is arguably one of the players we can least afford to lose because that would reunite the problematic Fonte/Jos partnership.

Either Jos or Font with Yoshida would work but not, I suspect, Fonte and Jos without Yoshida.

And Fonte was superb again today. His game has improved night and day since he was paired with Yoshida.

Yoshida is arguably one of the players we can least afford to lose because that would reunite the problematic Fonte/Jos partnership.

Either Jos or Font with Yoshida would work but not, I suspect, Fonte and Jos without Yoshida.

And Fonte was superb again today. His game has improved night and day since he was paired with Yoshida.

Totally agree. Fonts is definitely a premier league class defender. Has has to learn the hard way but very good.

I like him as skipper too.

I think his upshot in form has taken so long as he had to take a season to get used to his long hair gone lol