Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

Transfer news!

From the Guardian's live F.A feed

Within the last 10 minutes La Gazzetta dello Sport have reported that Philippe Coutinho is on the verge of a move to Liverpool after Internazionale accepted a €13m offer, and that representatives of the Premier League side will be in Milan on Monday to seal the deal. I do like the phrase "Verso la fumata bianca" – "approaches the white smoke", which followers of papal election thingies – Italians, in other words – will understand.

Perhaps that is their version of "..when the fat lady sings!"

Pinocchio's pulling power not what Nicola expected?

Given the choice, why would a player choose SFC, which is in its first season back in The Prem and still close to the relegation zone, against Liverpool who are 7th in the table, have a record of winning trophies, are throwing the cash around and have the possibility of European football next season? It would take a real Adkins Luvvie to use this player's decision as a negative against our new manager. It was always clear that Coutinho was a prrime example of a money-grabber who had no feeling for Southampton, the football club or the City, and is just the sort pf player we are better off without.

Given the choice, why would a player choose SFC, which is in its first season back in The Prem and still close to the relegation zone, against Liverpool who are 7th in the table, have a record of winning trophies, are throwing the cash around and have the possibility of European football next season? It would take a real Adkins Luvvie to use this player's decision as a negative against our new manager. It was always clear that Coutinho was a prrime example of a money-grabber who had no feeling for Southampton, the football club or the City, and is just the sort pf player we are better off without.

True but if appraoched with an open mind and a realisation of this, getting a few decent seasons out of a YOUNG money grabber with a positive resell potential aint a bad thing - they may want bigger moves, but they have to perform in thsi country to get them, so the idea is fairly sound.

All we ever had we're bull**** rumours from spurious sources about our interest in this player. The 2 genuine journalists who have links to Saints that I saw comment on this both said that we were interested in the summer, but that they had not heard anything genuine to link him with us in this window. Simon Peach even commented that he thought some people in Italy were mischievously using our name to hurry Liverpool along.

That is enough for me; cut through all the Twitter bull**** and there is no evidence whatsoever that we made any sort of bid.

Good luck to the lad, Cant blame him joining Liverpool, they are a great club whatever you lot might think. He seems like a decent lad with his head screwed on. He deserves to be a success, better than all these big time mugs playing at the moment.

Good luck to the lad, Cant blame him joining Liverpool, they are a great club whatever you lot might think. He seems like a decent lad with his head screwed on. He deserves to be a success, better than all these big time mugs playing at the moment.

Nice one. :lol:

Guly has been fine. Don't jump on the bandwagon.

All depends, he was dreadful against Chelsea, he didn't even celebrate when Lambo scored but against a Everton side that didn't turn up in the first half he looked ok. I'd rather have someone in the Coutinho mould than Guly any day. Guly has improved though he now tracks back well and i've seen him tackle but i still do not think he is a premiership player that we need, i'm sure there will be a huge clear out at the end of the season if we stay up and i think Guly could be one of those who goes and maybe a one or two shocks. Playing the Spanish/Bacra style won't suit all our players.

Guly has been fine. Don't jump on the bandwagon.

not a bangwagon jumper, it's something i always have thought. he was good in the third division, ok in the championship, but not a premier league player. i won't question his work rate, but his ability is not where you want it to be. look through all the threads, everyone knows we don't have enough quality players in depth, it's just unfortunate, he is one that seems to get playing when i think there are other options.

liverpool have signed coutinho for eight million some would say a better player than Ramirez certainly in terms of value

Depends on who we are believing today ;-)

“@tancredipalmeri: Also, some clarity on the fee: Coutinho transfer would be total 11m £, made of 8.6m £ cash + 2.4m £ of bonuses”

Haven't been looking on the telly lately but online at least, I can't for the life of me find where you lot are getting this "confirmed to Liverpool" b0llocks.

To have "agreed a fee" means absolutely nothing these days - Gorkks? Buttner? - and from what I gather folks from Liverpool will be heading to Milan tomorrow to (attempt to) finalize the deal. Absolutely anything can potentially happen and he could end up a Saint.

Judging from people's reactions on here, am I the only one who would be seriously p!ssed off if we missed out on this lad? We are in desperate need for a pacy winger and he is EXACTLY what we need. Contrary to popular belief Lallana is NOT a wide player, far more suited to the middle and I'm sure under Pochettino that's the role we'll see more of him in (to be perfectly honest neither is Puncheon, cuts inside far too often, but that's another topic entirely).

Go to around the 0:53 mark on this vid and tell me we don't need something like this, plus when was the last time we saw a Saints player do this? :

Haven't been looking on the telly lately but online at least, I can't for the life of me find where you lot are getting this "confirmed to Liverpool" b0llocks.

To have "agreed a fee" means absolutely nothing these days - Gorkks? Buttner? - and from what I gather folks from Liverpool will be heading to Milan tomorrow to (attempt to) finalize the deal. Absolutely anything can potentially happen and he could end up a Saint.

Judging from people's reactions on here, am I the only one who would be seriously p!ssed off if we missed out on this lad? We are in desperate need for a pacy winger and he is EXACTLY what we need. Contrary to popular belief Lallana is NOT a wide player, far more suited to the middle and I'm sure under Pochettino that's the role we'll see more of him in (to be perfectly honest neither is Puncheon, cuts inside far too often, but that's another topic entirely).

Go to around the 0:53 mark on this vid and tell me we don't need something like this, plus when was the last time we saw a Saints player do this? :

Reminds me of the Steve De Ridder YouTube Vid :lol:

We don't play with 'wingers' We play with inside forwards and have done for 18 months....Lallana and Puncheon are perfect for that role as long as Clyne and Shaw offer us width there isn't a problem with it either.

Might just have a chance left, assume he'll be watching the Oldham Liverpool game today !

Brendan Rogers was on the radio just now blaming defeat on the young players. No mention of the over-rated overpriced sh!te he signed like Allen, Borini and Sturridge.

The main black mark against Coutinho is that Rogers wants to sign him.

Brendan Rogers was on the radio just now blaming defeat on the young players. No mention of the over-rated overpriced sh!te he signed like Allen, Borini and Sturridge.

The main black mark against Coutinho is that Rogers wants to sign him.

Yeah, I wonder who put the young players on the team sheet..... hmmmm....:rolleyes:

It took 44 minutes for me to notice Borini and that was only because he was offside ! Standard overall Liverpool players.

Has he even scored for them yet? I know he's been injured for a bit, but he was **** even before his injury. I can't believe they splashed £10m on that....wtf? He did well for Swansea in the CCC, but that's it. He's not done it at a higher level, and going by this season, doesn't look like he's going to be the player Brendon hoped he'd be. Just looks like a bog standard promoted championship player to me.

after watching the documentary a few months back...rogers comes across as a bit of an odd-ball...

coutinho will probably go there and just stagnate until he gets a move back to italy...

gerrard is a fading force, their defence is not top 4 at all....sterling is alright, as is sturridge...henderson...holy christ

it is just suarez that gives the team that spark...without him they would not be too far ahead of us...

I really cannot see how they can keep suarez long term..he is immense

after watching the documentary a few months back...rogers comes across as a bit of an odd-ball...

coutinho will probably go there and just stagnate until he gets a move back to italy...

gerrard is a fading force, their defence is not top 4 at all....sterling is alright, as is sturridge...henderson...holy christ

it is just suarez that gives the team that spark...without him they would not be too far ahead of us...

I really cannot see how they can keep suarez long term..he is immense

"King Kenny" decided to waste a lot of money though, and Rogers has to really try and make that work - but it's not going to happen. You'll never turn Henderson into an £18m player, Downing will never be a £15m player, Andy Carroll will never be a £35m player.

You hoped they'd have learned, but they decided to spend £16m on Joe Allen - who is a good player, but never, ever, ever worth that. And the £10m on Borini just compounds things.

Whoever sanctioned those transfers at those prices needs to be hung, and driven out of football. It's a criminal waste of money and it will hang over Liverpool for a long, long time.

"King Kenny" decided to waste a lot of money though, and Rogers has to really try and make that work - but it's not going to happen. You'll never turn Henderson into an £18m player, Downing will never be a £15m player, Andy Carroll will never be a £35m player.

Whoever sactioned those tranfers at those prices needs to be hung, and driven out of football. It's a criminal waste of money and it will hang over Liverpool for a long, long time.

imagine if they spent that money wisely...they are a huge draw and could have got players a millions miles better than those 3.....

Even Allen, who I thought was a good little signing for them, has looked poor. He's a bit like Cork for us, keeps things simple but puts in tackles, but he doesn't seem to have the space or talent around him.

I think on paper their 1st XI is a way above ours, however thats only because of Suarez as much as I hate the bloke he's a cracking footballer.

imagine if they spent that money wisely...they are a huge draw and could have got players a millions miles better than those 3.....

Totally, it just takes a decent scouting network and you can pickup some gems.

I mean, Gaston Ramirez - 12m, or Jordan Henderson - 18m? It doesn't even comprehend in my mind how you'd even come to the conclusion he was even worth half that.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's decent enough, but the prices will just hang over those players heads and the clubs heads. Bizarre management really.

It must be upwards of £100m spent on players who have made them worse. I can't think of anything like that ever happening in my lifetime!

Totally, it just takes a decent scouting network and you can pickup some gems.

I mean, Gaston Ramirez - 12m, or Jordan Henderson - 18m? It doesn't even comprehend in my mind how you'd even come to the conclusion he was even worth half that.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's decent enough, but the prices will just hang over those players heads and the clubs heads. Bizarre management really.

It must be upwards of £100m spent on players who have made them worse. I can't think of anything like that ever happening in my lifetime!

the carroll one alone...apart from a small selection of players, they could have bought anyone on the planet for £35m

oh well LOL

the carroll one alone...apart from a small selection of players, they could have bought anyone on the planet for £35m

oh well LOL

And even if I dont rate Carroll too high, he could be a game changer for them when their normal way of playing is failing in games, but then they ship him away....

They are lucky Roman decided to spend £50m for Torres.....otherwise their net spend would be outragous...

Players they could of had for the combined fee's of Henderson, Carroll & Downing based on transfers: (MLG don't tarnish this by telling me its not that straight forward)

Demba Ba

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin

Santi Cazorla

Falcao

Gaston Ramirez

Lukas Podolski

Sergio Aguero

Gary Cahill

Yohan Cabaye

Hatem Ben-Arfa

Thiago Silva

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Javier Pastore

Feel free to add for a chuckle.

Players they could of had for the combined fee's of Henderson, Carroll & Downing based on transfers: (MLG don't tarnish this by telling me its not that straight forward)

Demba Ba

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin

Santi Cazorla

Falcao

Gaston Ramirez

Lukas Podolski

Sergio Aguero

Gary Cahill

Yohan Cabaye

Hatem Ben-Arfa

Thiago Silva

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Javier Pastore

Feel free to add for a chuckle.

Sorry Monk, you have broken the rules of this board.

If you want to make a list like that you MUST have Michu on it....

this is a strange one - isn't it ?

clearly MP rates him highly, and we (alledgedly) bid more than Liverpool so Milan must be a bit miffed at having to accept a lower fee. (can't say Cortese didn't try)

Liverpool are, of course, a great name (historically) but haven't achieved much in recent years, and I'm not over-impressed by Brendan Rogers' but time will tell.

He (allegedly) prefers Liverpool but he might regret the choice after he moves, but it's those sort of career-changing decisions that make or break a player....

this is a strange one - isn't it ?

clearly MP rates him highly, and we (alledgedly) bid more than Liverpool so Milan must be a bit miffed at having to accept a lower fee. (can't say Cortese didn't try)

Liverpool are, of course, a great name (historically) but haven't achieved much in recent years, and I'm not over-impressed by Brendan Rogers' but time will tell.

He (allegedly) prefers Liverpool but he might regret the choice after he moves, but it's those sort of career-changing decisions that make or break a player....

As apposed to our recent record of admin, two relegations and then our incredible unstoppable juggernaught like rampage to runners up in League One and the championship and a JPT trophy, yes?