What band is the best live?

Tom8558

I love AC/DC, especially the Bon Scott era and Back In Black. I often think I was born 20 years too late. Would have been awesome to have seen that line-up. Saw them headline Donington in 1991. Great gig, and I have it on DVD. My only problem with AC/DC is that Angus hogs a lot of the limelight, reducing Brian Johnson's chance to be a frontman. Still amazing though, although it's telling that they only play around three songs written after Back in Black.

Bon Scott was a story-teller, and he was dangerous. Whole Lotta Rosie, possibly their finest song, is all about the quality of sex with large ladies, while Squealer is downright disturbing. There'd be outcry if that song was in the charts now. Genuinely think he was the only one keepin' them real. Master of innuendo, too.

Big Balls is genius; I whack it on in the car, chuckle like f**k and insist to my family that it is merely a song about ballroom dancing.

I am 37 years old.

Back OT, best bands I've seen live.

Energy: Skid Row. Seb Bach's voice fell to bits, but they were still great.

Intensity: Probs Metallica. I saw them three times for a reason.

Best debut: undoubtedly Thunder, a band that managed to charm the pants off all of Donington when they opened 1990s show.

Fidelity: Yeah Yeah Yeahs. They play and sing very well.

Wall of sound award: Arcade Fire. Seeing 13 musicians recreate studio form is bloody amazing. They also rearrange a lot of their songs for live performances too.

Best all round band: Iron Maiden. They love being on stage, never seen them do a bad show, big theatrical props that impressed the f**k out of impressionable teenage me. Real crowd pleasers too.

Can't believe no one has mentioned Muse yet.... They are hands down the best live show I've seen....

Seen Foo Fighters many times who are superb.

Seeing Rammstein in the summer who will be F'ing brilliant!

I really need to see Muse and the Foo Fighters.

Agree with B Rabbit, over the past 10 years MUSE have been king of the British Rock bands I'd say.

Foo Fighters shows are always amazing.

Guns N Roses in 1993 at Milton Keynes Bowl will always be one of my fav shows but even the last O2 show with G N R Mark II was brilliant for how long it went on for... past 1am if I remember correctly.

Once saw Marilyn Manson in the House of Blues in the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas and that was like nothing I've ever seen before in such a small venue. Great stuff.

Not seen Rammstein yet.. on my to do list.

Them Crooked Vultures was great but it was in Pompey and also saw Tenacious D in Brighton last year and that brilliant for comic value.

Seen Muse three times, they're very good but not as amazing as everyone says they are imo. Foos are always excellent (seen them 3x as well!).

Best live band is Arcade Fire, hands down. Seen them at Glasto in 2007, Reading in August 2010 and then at the O2 in December 2010. They absolutely floored me each time. Huge power, raw emotion and the songs are just incredible. I don't fawn over any band, but they truly are staggering.

Wake Up - Glasto 07

Power Out + Rebellion (Lies) - Reading 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5jKwMnW3Y8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I've seen both surviving Beatles and both gave great shows.

Saw McCartney twice, once in '79 and once in '91. The '91 time he gave a fantastic performance, really was unbelievable. Really is a shame that his voice appears to have gone, because he really was great live.

Ringo, I wasn't expecting a lot, but he had a great band with him, people like Rick Derringer and Edgar Winter and it was a great **** up and enjoyable night.

Other great shows, Paul Simon,Chuck Berry, Paul Weller and Johnny Cash at the Albert Hall. Dr Feelgood was also a great live band.

Haven't been to a concert in years. Certainly did my fair share a good few years ago Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Ian Gillan, hmmmm bit of a theme here...........until..... An opportunity arose for tickets to see Michael Jackson at Wembley Stadium on his Bad tour, yet to be Mrs JBS back then liked Wacko Jacko, so for the princely sum of £35 I had 2 tickets for a Friday night, she gets to see her first live concert and I get my wicked way booked for a few weeks. I have to say despite going for her, it is up there as one of the best concerts I have seen.

But my addition to the list is Genesis seen them 5 times the only disappointment was We Can't Dance, which was a bit bland.

All the others had were the extraviganza's they were famous for. The one moment that is etched in my mind was NEC somewhen back in the 1980s, they had developed the Vari Light 32 colours in one light box which was right at the cutting edge of stage lighting, in their famous track called The Cage there is a line "raindrops keep falling on my head" at that moment the lights switched into rain mode Wow 8 rows from the front of the stage I was sat in an absolute deluge but bone dry!