• Davis, S
    • Cork
    • Guly
    • Puncheon
    • Rodriguez
    • Lambert
    • Chaplow
    • Ramirez

People who are mentioning about starting your strongest team.... sometimes you don't for a reason.

If you've ever managed side, you'll know that sometimes you choose a side for tactical purposes.

Exactly this, there was actually little wrong with us in the first half. We played alright for most of this game, but we held some cards on the bench - which we dealt and it came through for us. Clever tactics, no mistakes.

I've been saying it all season that he will do a job when called upon. Thought he did pretty well again, especially for someone described in such derogitary terms by his own fans on here.

He's had a shocker of a season by his own admission and the attempted header for their first goal was near comic.

I so want the lad to succeed though because he really does work hard and is hard on himself - not sure others are so self-aware...

Drat! I've no beer left, I'll have to open a bottle of prosecco!

Two crosses from our full backs... The commentators on my stream were right in the first half saying we should just put crosses into the box. Rodriguez softened them up a bit in the first half but RL's header left the keeper static. I was surprised that Chaplow came on for Davis but after that it was no surprise that Ramirez came on for Guly: not up to his last few games, and dead balls terrible.

Good day all round. Freezing up at 2700m skiing, down for a nap, earnt some money teaching and now spending it after an unexpected point. I thought we generally played well first half, more decisive clearances in the second and what finishes... I'll have to pop in the heart pills for the last 20 minutes of matches in future...

Shaw motm for me, Clyne a close second, coped well with Mata Oscar and hazard and for the second goal wow goal of the season for me.

We cry out for signings and there is always room for improvement but no Lallana fonts Ramirez and Lambert to start.

Not sure it's what Adkins said at ht but Lambert somehow scoring out of nothing that inspired.

Adkins tactically spot on and great decision in chaplow coming on rather than Gaston.

Final point, hoidveldt 2 away starts, 4 points.

Partly. But then maybe if it had happened earlier, or we played our best players, perhaps we might have won

There's nothing wrong with tonight.

Stop trying your hardest to find a flaming negative.

Enjoy it, we've just got a stunning result because of stunning management.

There's nothing wrong with tonight.

Stop trying your hardest to find a flaming negative.

Enjoy it, we've just got a stunning result because of stunning management.

Stunning management ? We're 2-0 down, 35mins to go, and our 2 best players on paper are on the bench. FFS, even you would have made those subs.

Would sir entertain the theory posited in post #63?

Not convinced. You play your best team. By the time NA decided to throw on SRL and Gaston for their 110% we could have been 5 down and Chelsea could have been over the hill.

Reckon NA would even admit we've been a bit fortunate. But its about time we had a visit from Lady Luck.

Not convinced. You play your best team. By the time NA decided to throw on SRL and Gaston for their 110% we could have been 5 down and Chelsea could have been over the hill.

Reckon NA would even admit we've been a bit fortunate. But its about time we had a visit from Lady Luck.

Why were we fortunate?

Stunning management ? We're 2-0 down, 35mins to go, and our 2 best players on paper are on the bench. FFS, even you would have made those subs.

F*ck off, you boring, tedious moron. Do you actually get any enjoyment out of any Saints game?! FFS. They are the current European Champions and we have come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2AWAY. BE F*CKING HAPPY MAN!

Partly. But then maybe if it had happened earlier, or we played our best players from the start, perhaps we might have won

Southampton manager Nigel Adkins: "We came with a gameplan. Chelsea are a good side, we came to block them, deny them space and counter-attack. To go two goals down, when we could have cleared both, was a blow but we showed great character in the second half - great credit to my players."

Any regrets about leaving Rickie Lambert on the bench? "None whatsoever, we came with a game-plan of playing with the pace of Jay Rodriguez, and then we were looking for an impact when Rickie came on. That's what I call an impact."

Great result over the moon.

Without sounding negative, how good could we be if we didn't start with the likes of gully and Davis.

Surely everyone one agrees gully wouldn't get onto any other premiership teams bench let alone a start.

Not taking nothing away from the performance as its a great point but I just wonder how good we would be if we were not carrying under par players.

Can't really comment on Boruc performance tonight as to be honest he didn't really have much to do did he. He's doing better so far than I expected anyway. Long may it continue!

Please stop it!! All this Guly hating is getting boring now

It didnt work for him today but he was no worse than Davis and i dont see you posting on every other thread bashing him.

Guly has done a fine job since stepping in for Lallana and has actually offered alot more protection down the left than we were getting, causing alot of the negative and mostly unfounded negativity towards him to disappear, but afew arses like yourself continue to bash without any real valid reason.

Hes a Saints player and as long as hes wearing the red and white he should be supported.

This season is gonna be hard enough as it is without fickle "fans" like you needlessly jumping on the backs of players.

You've clearly never managed a football team in your life.

But we weren't were we. How many times have we said we/could have been 3/4 up only to go on and lose the game? Rubbish comment and doesn't stand simply because the result was 2-2.

How about he is the first Luke Shaw? Deserves everything he gets. He deserves to be in his own accolade doesn't need to be in someone else's.

Agree with this. He is a great player in his own right and looks like he has been playing the game for 10 years. He's defensively better than both Bale and Bridge in their early years IMHO.

no, he says it was his game plan and no regrets - sky sports news / solent

you have to look at the other team playing against teams like Chelsea. explaining it well on solent at mo

I am pleased for NA and the team that their game plan worked out.

But come on, it was very, very risky. If we'd got thumped, it would have had a bad effect on our confidence going forwards.

Surely anything is risky away to the Champions League holders? No matter who plays where or how?