Everton build up thread

Bad Wolf

Going to be a tough game but we have a decent home record against them. They have won only once at our place since 1993.

Would go with

-----------Boruc-----------

-----------------------------

Clyne--Forren/Jos---Yos--Shaw

----------------------------------

---------Morgan--Cork----------

Puncheon---------------Gaston

-------------------Lambert-----

-----------Jay Rod-------------

Would not let Guly anywhere near the first team after his last few displays.

Going to be a tough game but we have a decent home record against them. They have won only once at our place since 1993.

Would go with

Guly has been no worse than Ramirez.

Guly has been no worse than Ramirez.

Sorry but I strongly disagree. The thing that Guly does is he can run back to defend. However he isn't very good at that imo. Today he was dire and gave away the ball so many times. Gaston came on and caused havoc on the counter. He was a big reason for us getting a draw. He did good at Villa too. Gaston's pass ratio is a lot better and has the ability to mix it up. He can get into good positions i.e Arsenal. Have to remember he is still young and is still settling in. Anyone who thinks Guly is better I think is having a laugh imo.

Sorry but I strongly disagree. The thing that Guly does is he can run back to defend. However he isn't very good at that imo. Today he was dire and gave away the ball so many times. Gaston came on and caused havoc on the counter. He was a big reason for us getting a draw. He did good at Villa too. Gaston's pass ratio is a lot better and has the ability to mix it up. He can get into good positions i.e Arsenal. Have to remember he is still young and is still settling in. Anyone who thinks Guly is better I think is having a laugh imo.

None of them said Guly is better, they said his recent performances have been on a par if not better than Gaston's.

Which I agree with.

None of them said Guly is better, they said his recent performances have been on a par if not better than Gaston's.

Which I agree with.

Well then we agree to disagree :)

I think Guly has done nothing but run around. Gaston has assisted people and scored goals himself. He doesn't do the defensive side of things but that isn't his job. In today's game Guly took the free kicks/corners and tried to do some crosses and pretty much all of them were bad. Gaston has not set the world on fire yet but he has done far more in games then what Guly has. So to be on par or equal he (Guly) would have to set up some goals and scored some himself. He has not done that.

Has Jos done anything to deserve being dropped for a complete unknown? From watching the goals tonight, neither of the ones we conceded were his fault. Infact for the pair of them he put in a pretty strong challenge to deny a goal scoring opportunity moments before. I'd be tempted to give him a chance for now, until he puts in a stinker.

Which I agree with.

Yep agree with that - probably even in terms of who has had a better game in the last 10 or so games.

Since AL has been injured (and also earlier in the season when he was off form), and before anyone gets in a spin, it happens, all players have a spell of bad form - does not make them a bad player, just that for some reason they do not perform at their peak (Rooney??), we have struggled to find effective cover on the left. Gaston is crap on the left, which is clearly not his position, so why play him there? His best position is in the hole (or #10 striker), but then RL has played that role in recent games and has been very effective, AL could also play well here! We have tried Guly and JRod on the left and both have been hit and miss really. Personally, I think Guly is better in the hole or upfront.

So I think we have too many options for "the hole" (if you pardon my expression) and none for the left (even when AL is fit again, I think he would be much more effective in the second striker role personally). I know Punch has been great on the right, but I would put him on the left, Gas on the right, RL in the hole and JRod upfront. Hindsight and all that, but we should have spent our £12M on a superb lefty (can we covert one of our three excellent LB prospects to LM?). I think Gas will be an outstanding player for us in time, it's just that we need to survive for now or he will be off in any case.

It's a pity some of the new recruits haven't worked out or taken their opportunity (TL, Mayuka) or indeed likes of Deridder!

Has Jos done anything to deserve being dropped for a complete unknown? From watching the goals tonight, neither of the ones we conceded were his fault. Infact for the pair of them he put in a pretty strong challenge to deny a goal scoring opportunity moments before. I'd be tempted to give him a chance for now, until he puts in a stinker.

Probably makes more sense to be pro-active than reactive in professional football. If you've signed a new CB who is coming to compete with your two first choice centre backs then you'd assume, providing his fitness levels are fine, that he'd be picked over your current third choice.

Literally anyone, even Gaston's own mother, could surely not believe that he played well at Villa?! He was awful!

Would go with

Ramirez has been consistently average, if not poor, when played in that position. Guly at least gets about, helps out defensively and pops the odd cross in.

IMO Ramierz only works for us in the hole, with a more free role to roam. He doesn't work on the left.

More importantly, this shows how weak we are in that position if we have to fight it out between Guly and playing Ramirez there when Adam is out.

Guly plays bad...worst player to ever play for us

Gaston plays bad...he's had an off day but still done ok in flashes.

Always going to be like this, it seems fashionable to hate Guly. Just imagine if the team got behind him and chanted his name, he might even score! Think he is a confidence player.

Guly plays bad...worst player to ever play for us

Gaston plays bad...he's had an off day but still done ok in flashes.

Always going to be like this, it seems fashionable to hate Guly. Just imagine if the team got behind him and chanted his name, he might even score! Think he is a confidence player.

Exactly this. Had plenty of people around me yesterday slagging off Guly for the smallest mistake, but then absolutely worshipping Ramirez who wasn't even on the pitch. Ridiculous.

Personally I think that Rodriguez starting up front is probably our 'away team' as it suits playing on the counter a bit better. I think we're more likely to see a front line of Lambert up-front' date=' Ramirez 'in the hole', Guly left (AL when fit) and Puncheon right at home.[/quote'] Agreed. That'd be my line-up. No change in the back 4 for the time being.

Guly lacks quality as evidenced by those two awful corner kicks he took last night. We just cannot afford to give away potential scoring chances like that in the Premiership.

What about the quality ball in for Puncheon who completely messed up the header? His crossing is outstanding and his corners are usually the same, just because he had an off day (or maybe the Chelsea defenders are a bit good?) we shouldn't drop him. Our best option on the left other than Lallana.

Guly does a good job on the left, Gaston simply doesn't work there.

--------------------BORUC-----------------

CLYNE---------MAYA------JOS--------SHAW

---------------CORK------MORGAN---------

PUNCH-------------RAMIREZ-----------GULY

-------------------LAMBERT----------------

Subs: K.Davis, Forren, Richardson, JWP, Chaplow, Rodriguez

Keep Jos on the pitch to deal with Fellaini from set-pieces. Perhaps bring Forren on for the last half an hour or so.

Edited by SuperMikey

If we win this. I will really think we are staying up. Even a draw would be a decent result depending on how the other fixtures go at the weekend

Will be a very very tough game. They are a very good and effective team

Lost what, 3 all season???

Edited by Thedelldays

I have us down for a point from the Everton game, they're not quite so consistent as they were at the start of the season but still good. Just needs someone to offer shedloads for Fellaini to unsettle him a bit and we might even win. We really need to press on Phil Ugly in midfield cos he ain't all that good there.

If we win this. I will really think we are staying up. Even a draw would be a decent result depending on how the other fixtures go at the weekend

Will be a very very tough game. They are a very good and effective team

Lost what, 3 all season???

One of which was to Reading.

Hopefully games for us will go our way:-

West Ham v QPR

Man City v Fulham

West Brom v Villa

Liverpool v Norwich

Hopefully all home wins.

Newcastle v Reading

Wigan v Sunderland

Both draws please.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a few postponements this weekend due to the heavy snow forecast from tomorrow

Hopefully games for us will go our way:-

West Ham v QPR

Man City v Fulham

West Brom v Villa

Liverpool v Norwich

Hopefully all home wins.

Newcastle v Reading

Wigan v Sunderland

Both draws please.

Think we might have a few postponed if the forecast snow sets in tonight and tomorrow.

Bah! Trousers beat me to it.