Thanks and good luck Nigel

Chewy

As angry as I am, thought I'd rather focus on thanking NA for everything he has done for this club since taking over. After years of misery, he brought footballing success and happiness to so many of us. I wish him the best of luck and a successful career. Gutted it won't be with us.

As angry as I am, thought I'd rather focus on thanking NA for everything he has done for this club since taking over. After years of misery, he brought footballing success and happiness to so many of us. I wish him the best of luck and a successful career. Gutted it won't be with us.

This, to a tee!

Amen.

Good luck to him in whatever he may now do. He has improved his standing in English football no end, and will have offers galore. I say it now - he will be a successful manager and deserves success.

Good luck Nigel and many, many thanks for what you've achieved here.

I hope he reads this forum, if he does I would just like to say:

Nigel,

You have taken us so far, and will always be in the hearts of Saints fans, you have and would have continued to have our full support whether we were relegated, stayed up, whatever. Please, please know that we will never forget what you have done for us and think that your sacking is an absolute disgrace....

Best of luck Nige, you certainly won't have any trouble getting a new club.

Lilly xx

[h=1]The Guy in the Glass

[/h]by Dale Wimbrow, © 1934

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,

And the world makes you King for a day,

Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,

And see what that guy has to say.

For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,

Who judgement upon you must pass.

The feller whose verdict counts most in your life

Is the guy staring back from the glass.

He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,

For he's with you clear up to the end,

And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test

If the guy in the glass is your friend.

You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,

And think you're a wonderful guy,

But the man in the glass says you're only a bum

If you can't look him straight in the eye.

You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,

And get pats on the back as you pass,

But your final reward will be heartaches and tears

If you've cheated the guy in the glass

Huge thanks. You can be very proud of what you have done for Saints. I suspect you will be managing a Premiership club next season and that you will not have to face Saints - downhill for us now, I suspect. I am disgusted with Saints and look forward to its sale or change of control to a more decent regime.

Absolutely gutted, good luck in what ever you do, thank you for your excellent service and back to back promotions, that will not be forgotton, I am sure that he will be picked up by someone - oh the irony if he goes to Blackpool and they go up and we go down. However, in true Nigel style that will be my last moan on the subject and get on with what the new guy has to offer

Good luck with your future, Nigel and heartfelt thanks for all you've done for us. The football I saw during your time here has been the most exciting and enjoyable in all my years of watching Saints.

You've been a thouroughly decent and honest bloke and an inspiration to all who have known you.

Whereas Cortese will attempt to justify this new manager as better able to take us to the next level, I firmly believe that sometime in the future you will be the manager who takes another club further than we will ever go. Our loss will be somebody else's gain.

a saints legend IMO....thought you were out of your depth in the prem earlier on this season..but you were turning it around

thank you for some of the best few years I have had supporting saints.

last season was incredible...i saw 2 promotion days live in 12 months....thank you so much

I am ashamed that the club I have supported all my life treat you like this

Thank you Nigel. You have given us so much pleasure these last few seasons with some fantastic football played in the right way. Really gutted to see you go and I hope you get a new club soon. You will always be in our hearts. ONE NIGEL ADKINS

Victim of his own success. Had we not got promoted and we were in and around the play offs this year, Cortese would be saying what a grand job he's doing.

Good luck Saint Nige, forever in our hearts - will get a rapturous welcome whenever he returns to St Marys with whatever team is lucky enough to have him next.

I hope Nigel finds a new job quickly & I am sure he will do well I have really enjoyed watching the Saints whilst he has been in & freely admit I was in the Nigel who camp & gutted when Pards got sacked it is weird that the last 2 managers I have been very sorry to see them go.

All the best to him

Good luck Nigel and thank you for getting us promoted two years in succession. Thank you, too, for bringing some of the younger players through and for the style of football we have played. I am sorry you have been treated so badly by Cortese and I hope you continue to have a successful career elsewhere. Good luck.

I would honestly love to meet Nigel, shake his hand and thank him for 3 wonderful years. He is up there with the very best of Saints managers and will always be respected and missed by me.

Ted Bates, Lawrie McMenemy, Gordon Strachan and Nigel Adkins. All managers who have done us proud.

Nothing but praise for the fella. The guy is a modern-day managerial legend for what he's achieved. I loved his positive enthusiasm over everything.

He was very bright, was a very quick learner and quite obviously a very good manager. Whoever gets him next will have a gem, and we will be worse off for it.

He didn't deserve to go in this way, he really didn't. If we wanted to really change then we should have done it in the summer, or waited a year. He's grown into this premier league, and so has our squad.

I've easily had the most enjoyable 3 years in my football supporting life-time under this guy.

There's only one Nigel Adkins.

Would be welcomed back any day with open arms for being a key part in the best period of supporting saints in the modern era.

Good luck as he deserves backing on a level of Wenger and should have been given it from us.

TOGETHER AS ONE!!

We have been for the last three years, thanks to Nigel Adkins. Truly inspirational man who conducted himself with honour, dignity and humility throughout and totally embodied the Spirit of Southampton. Sadly our chairman doesn't seem to share those qualities.

I fear this club has lost a large part of its soul with his departure.

Thank you Mr Adkins.

Thank you for all you achieved, for your honesty integrity.

Thank you for the way you made my boys feel so welcome when they were mascots at the Stoke away game.

Good luck to you Sir & may you come back to St Mary's & prove to Mr Cortese just how good you really are.