Thanks and good luck Nigel

Chewy

he really isnt....no one outside of SFC would say that

PLENTY of other fans say this. The first reaction of two of my mates (Villa and Newcastle fan), was to drivel over the unlikely prospect of having NA at their club. He`s held in great esteem throughout the football community- from fans, players, punters and colleagues alike!

PLENTY of other fans say this. The first reaction of two of my mates (Villa and Newcastle fan), was to drivel over the unlikely prospect of having NA at their club. He`s held in great esteem throughout the football community- from fans, players, punters and colleagues alike!

steve clarke, AVB, houghton for a start....

i thought adkins had turned it around well...and was doing well..but he was not the best young manager in the country..he was not the best english manager of his generation either....but he was doing well

Really glad I was at Villa on saturday to see the man in action doing his job properly before he got shafted. He always gave the fans a wave and got the biggest chant of the day from the fans at every away game. Simply gutted for him. Thanks for making the last three years a joy to be a Saints fan again after all the years of woe!

Top man - we learnt a lot from Nigel - togetherness, honesty, positivity, Sun Tzu and the Art of War, and also were given three great seasons.

I think NC has made a massive mistake but obviously hope not.

What he has done is killed this season as recent weeks have revolved around NA keeping us up.

It will be interesting if those supporting the team, especially away from home, will travel with the same enthusiasm.

Nigel. I know you won't read this but I put this out there anyway.

"We want to be the best that we can be"

Hell yeah I know it came from a book or a course, but this one mantra from you kept ME going through all the months that I had doubts about whether what I was doing in my life was correct.

You inspired me to keep going, I did and my project has become a massive success.

No human being deserves to be treated this way. Someone did not bother to say thank you, that is so wrong.

You will be not only the best that you can be, but you will be the best that England has to offer.

God bless you and what you did for our club.

Live long and prosper.

And don't work for Europeans.

(We both now that now)

10-01-2013, 02:47 AM

Thread: Adkins' future in doubt (again) - Daily Mail

by chocco boxo

Replies:250Views:7,513

Just before Christmas got Adkins at 20-1 to be...

Just before Christmas got Adkins at 20-1 to be next PL manager sacked. Far from wanting him sacked, I thought Bet Victor had got their odds wrong, so decided to have a £5 wager.

Hope I do not...

£100 softens the blow!

I've always liked Nigel Adkins, he was my no 1 choice to replace Pardew. He has been a lucky and successful manager for us, was given an awful fixture start to his Premier career but was really turning it around. I like and respect him and whilst I am grateful for Cortese getting ML here I wouldn't be that bothered if he went. Nigel Adkins was a credit to us and whilst I didn't always agree with him, overall he did a brilliant job.

I wonder if the watershed chat that he had with Cortese after training, after which we ditched the cast in stone 433 for a much more flexible approach, was the point that sealed his fate.

He has a great CV and I wish him all the best, and hope he finds a club where he will be appreciated, football is such a ****ty place now, I really don't know why we bother.

THERE'S ONLY ONE NIGEL ADKINS

Top man, I've really enjoyed the last two and half years as much as any of my 40 plus years supporting the Saints.

Shocked and bitterly disappointed at the way you were sacked. All the very best for the future and if you ever get the chance to manage a team at St Mary's again I'm sure you will get the warmest of receptions.

Goodbye and good luck, you'll always be remembered by saints fans as the man who pulled us back to our rightful place when we were at our lowest, I hope you can have the same success where ever you move onto and you'll get a great reception when you're next at SMS

As angry as I am, thought I'd rather focus on thanking NA for everything he has done for this club since taking over. After years of misery, he brought footballing success and happiness to so many of us. I wish him the best of luck and a successful career. Gutted it won't be with us.

This. 100% this.

Let me apologise on behalf of Southampton Football Club for treating you so shabbily 'cos sure as hell nobody up at SMS will.

Your positivity will always be revered by real fans. Bleak day indeed. Good luck and we look forward to the day when you come back as manager of a more visionary PL team so that we can say our farewells in person. Good luck!

Loyalty is a word banded about but there is none in football but the fans. However I believe Nigel would have bled red and white when at the club.

Nigel showed us integrity and honour and now he's gone I expect him to be exactly the same and will do nothing but praise the players and supporters of SFC.

Great times that will never be forgotten - Adkins legacy to live on!

Cheers Nigel - I will watch your next position with interest. We owe you a lot as supporters - perhaps the memory of the fans will endear you to our club in the future!

I've always liked Nigel Adkins, he was my no 1 choice to replace Pardew. He has been a lucky and successful manager for us, was given an awful fixture start to his Premier career but was really turning it around. I like and respect him and whilst I am grateful for Cortese getting ML here I wouldn't be that bothered if he went. Nigel Adkins was a credit to us and whilst I didn't always agree with him, overall he did a brilliant job.

I wonder if the watershed chat that he had with Cortese after training, after which we ditched the cast in stone 433 for a much more flexible approach, was the point that sealed his fate.

He has a great CV and I wish him all the best, and hope he finds a club where he will be appreciated, football is such a ****ty place now, I really don't know why we bother.

Ditching the 4-3-3 is what turned our season around. Les Reed's trips to Barcelona have a different meaning now.

Absolutely gutted still about this, I really genuinely am. He gave this club it's soul back after some horrible times.

I can't really imagine anyone else being in charge at this point, and don't really want to see anyone else in charge. His whole attitude will be seriously missed and I can't see it being replaced. He gave me without doubt the best memories in my lifetime of being a saints fan and I can't honesty say a bad word about him.

Whoever he joins next has won the lottery. I wish him the best of luck in the world.

Thanks for everything Nigel. Can't start to say how I'll miss your intelligence, positivity, sense of humour, friendly interaction with fans, man management, down-to-earth common sense, ability to learn fast, understanding of players, reading of the game, whole general attitude and matchless post-match interviews.

Our loss will be someone's massive gain.

Theres no loyalty in football anymore,also i felt Nigel was beginning to sus out this Premier League with a couple of masterstroke substitutions away to the European champions on Wednesday.The future apeared to be rosy,what now!!!!

Lets applaud the new manager when he appears but.......

A few rounds of theres only one NA and NA's r&w army shouldn't stir things up too much. New manager doesn't understand English so probably won't know whats going on. Players will understand that its a reluctant protest so won't be disheartened. I think we do need a quiet protest though to let NC that we are the fans that keep the club going and we expect more consultation with us in these matters.

Part of me hopes that saints employees never join this forum to read the clap trap some of us spout. But a big part of me hopes NA gets to read this post and understand how we all feel about him. Top man, and we've all said the same. Together as one indeed!

As angry as I am, thought I'd rather focus on thanking NA for everything he has done for this club since taking over. After years of misery, he brought footballing success and happiness to so many of us. I wish him the best of luck and a successful career. Gutted it won't be with us.

Spot on !

Thanks for the best few years of my Saints supporting life, Nigel. I am disgusted at the way you have been treated, but no doubt you will go on and have a great career, I am just gutted it won't be with us.

Top man and top manager, I will miss your infectious enthusiasm. Best of luck for the future, you will always be a legend in my eyes.

Really?

So what happens if the new guy takes us into Europe next season?

Because NA could have done it? Why did Luke Shaw decide to stay unlike our other academy legends. and why replace NA with soemoen who has been sacked in Spain when bottom? if we do make Europe then I will eat humble pie - the chances? Low to Zero