Thanks and good luck Nigel

Chewy

100% This

Nigel Adkins has put pride, self-belief, integrity and unity back in to our club...I'm deeply sad for him that he hasn't been given the opportunity to continue the process with us. Without doubt his talents will be used to great effect elsewhere.

Thank you Nigel Adkins and good luck....it's been a great ride and you have made me proud to have supported the club in the time you were here!

Agree with all the comments... I'm 43. In my lifetime of supporting Saints... Lawrie Mac, WGS and moments with 1 or 2 others... otherwise I cannot think of a greater man and a greater manager of my beloved Saints.

Thank you Nigel. Thank you so much. I'm embarrassed for you at the moment. I'm just pleased that it's blindingly obviously to all how good you are. Expect to see you up against us (and probably beating us) sometime soon.

I don't see what the point in the last 3 years of hard work was for, because we are headed straight back to league 1 now. We might even fall further now. What a total mess. So F"cking angry with Cortese. I wish he'd would just f"ck off now! I am genuinely really sorry for Nigel Adkins, he is a top bloke and didn't deserve this treatment. Whoever ends up with him as their manger is going to one very lucky club. Thanks for all your hard Work Nigel you deserve better treatment than you got here. You may no longer be Southampton's manager but you'll not be forgotten here and will always be fondly remembered!

Edited by Saint J 77

Can't believe it, is this how we treat great servants of the club !!

Thank you Nigel Adkins and Andy Crosby for rescuing Saints from league one obscurity to the Premier League. You didn't deserve this, best wishes for the future.

I have a feeling we will be experiencing league one obscurity again in the not too distance future now :(

Can't believe it, is this how we treat great servants of the club !!

Thank you Nigel Adkins and Andy Crosby for rescuing Saints from league one obscurity to the Premier League. You didn't deserve this, best wishes for the future.

Yes, this is the way we have been treating great servants of the Club since Cortese took over. I have enjoyed the Financial security but hopefully we will be sold to someone else soon and he will be gone

Many, many thanks Nigel for getting Saints back to back promotions...back in the big time and well done for that. NC can take your job away but he can NOT change history and your CV will still look good after your time with us. Will follow your career with interest going forward and good luck with the next club that you take up with. They will be a fortunate club.

Thanks Nigel for the last two years - you deserved a better crack at the top flight and I have no doubt you'll be back soon.

Now though, I must take you advice - draw a blue line, and move on to the next one.

Best wishes to you and your family for a successful future.

I have been watching Saints for over 50 years and I would like to thank NA so much for what you have achieved, you will not have the local history of Ted and Lawrie to support my comments but for all of us who have been on the bus for the last 3 years you have done brilliantly.

May I wish you all the best in whatever the future brings you and I hope you find a chairman who genuinely knows what you are capable of and supports you.

Fully agree - thanks and good-luck, Nigel, but you won't need any luck. A top-four manager in the making and we let him slip through our fingers - he is the brightest young manager in the Prem by a long distance and his future can only be good.

he really isnt....no one outside of SFC would say that

Nigel you epitomized our rise through the leagues and the positive atmosphere about the place since you stepped in to St Mary's.

I find it hard to picture a Saints without you at the helm. Thanks for bringing us back to thw big time - you didn't deserve the boot from the Italian bellend.

Forever a Saint.

Well I expect he will have received a handsome pay-off, but that does not remove the bitter taste this has left in the mouth. Hailed as one of Englands bright managerial prospects, it is a massive disappointment to see Nigel go and especially when it seemed sure that we had turned a corner in terms of getting to grips with the Prem. I fear for the team spirit and I fear for our success to survive this term now. Thanks Nigel - you will never be forgotten by Saints fans.

Now having said all that - let's rewind one minute and remember Cortese's decision to axe Pardue. I remember feeling highly disappointed then (and after a great win too), but look at what happened after Nigel was appointed. I think the new guy needs to be given the benefit of the doubt - just like we gave Nigel. PLEASE guys - don't go booing the new Manager or even Cortese for that matter - it will be extremely counter-productive for one and secondly, I guarantee we'll be singing Cortese's praises if his visionary Chairman-ship takes us even higher up the table.

Thanks for everything Nigel, promotion from League 1 might have been expected but flying straight through the Championship was most definitely not. You've done more than enough this season to have still been our manager and I'm absolutely gutted that you've been kicked out like this.

Hopefully you'll go on to beat that record number of promotions that Warnock/Bassett currently holds.

Gutted for the guy.

Get two promotions back to back and get the team to 15th on the back of draws against Arsenal and Chelsea and get fired. It is a dark day for football here on the south coast as we have now joined the crazy train that is modern football. Before we were outsiders laughing at other teams who changed managers all the time. I thought we were different, we had a guy in charge who had been with us in our rise from the depths. Shared in the journey with all of us. A great guy who always seemed friendly and positive and deserved better. This shows there is no loyalty in football anymore, makes you question why you care anymore, why you put in the vast amounts of money to watch them anymore. Some people such as Frank wonder/ laugh at those who put emotion into it and think it is silly. Well I say the day I don't have emotion towards the club is the day I no longer care about it. And decisions like this bring you closer to that day.

Thanks for everything Nigel, hope you get a great new job soon and are shown more loyalty and respect then what you were shown here.

Top man. Honest, hardworking and full of integrity. Has achieved more than I imagined in my wildest dreams. The club is better for your tenure. I will continue to follow your progress and cheer you on at every opportunity.

Nice thread by the way - brings us together as one.

....I heard that somewhere. Not my own cliche I'm afraid.