The morning after the day before...

Dibden Purlieu Saint

So how are we all feeling after being able to sleep on it?

For me, the timing was a shame, but ultimately the decision could be correct, and I am quite excited to see what happens under Pochettino. Ultimately, football is about entertainment and excitement and this kind of move certainly does make it more exciting.

One thing we certainly need to ensure is that we do not do a Chelsea and screw ourselves over. Chelsea are in a position where they're not going to lose out massively by doing protesting during the game, but we could.

So it's time to 'draw a line under it and move on' with our new management and get behind the team.

COYS!!!

Wish people would stop telling others to draw a line under it. This isn't something that is just going to go away. People are angry at this decision and want to make their feelings known during the game on Monday and they will do so.

will you..?

me, i was utterly livid yesterday..and still angry today...however, on reflection, NA was just not that good a prem manager.....but I believe he was getting better...

i was well up for a change end of november..not so much after the WBA game but more so, the swansea and norwich fiasco..the Gazzaniga situation was utterly laughable and showed NA to be a complete idiot playing him.

BUT, we had obviously turned a corner...we were picking up points..but I also out our little rise up the table down to have played the best run of home games anyone in the bottom half could have hoped for.....ut we DID start to pick up...we did only lose 2 in 10 (or what ever) but we were not winning many either..

but to change now with a fella who cant even speak english is utterly mental......then again, many thought letting pardew go was utterly mental too

I have an open mind about MP whilst being angry/gutted about NA

Edited by Thedelldays

Shame, and sad that our club is getting rightfully hammered for this, I got a text last night from a Liverpool fan saying he always liked our club (he did) but now hopes to God we get relegated for what we have done to Adkins, its kind of hard to argue against that stance.

Don't you think that's a stupid reaction though? Hammering thr fans for something they had no say in?

Still got a bad taste in my mouth by all this. But mainly because I feel sorry for NA. The timing was sooooo bad to sack him. I guess that if NA not been such a nice guy we would have maybe reacted diffrent ?

But sadly this is the modern football - just move on and focus on the Everton game.

I hope NA gets the message that 95% of the fans find his sacking the wrong decision.

bollix....you wont stay away but you will tell everyone here you are because on NC

I'm genuinely not going. I can't. Even if I could though it's possible I wouldn't though I have to say I would be tempted to go and express my displeasure before not going for the rest of the season. My friend isn't using his season ticket as he is in Oxford so I would probably use that.

Shame, and sad that our club is getting rightfully hammered for this, I got a text last night from a Liverpool fan saying he always liked our club (he did) but now hopes to God we get relegated for what we have done to Adkins, its kind of hard to argue against that stance.

No, you just need to throw Dalglish's plotting against Hodgson in there.

come join us on the matchday thread for our usual "game is over" at HT bollix :lol:

you will see alpine in all his glory :uhoh:

Oh I've been party to that in the past. I may be reactionary and overly emotional but I'm not mental like that. Sadly for me the result of the Everton game is not that important to me anymore whereas after Wednesday I couldn't wait.

Oh I've been party to that in the past. I may be reactionary and overly emotional but I'm not mental like that. Sadly for me the result of the Everton game is not that important to me anymore whereas after Wednesday I couldn't wait.

it will be impossible to judge this fella for this game (Pottechino)....man u and man c games are going to be mightily hard anyway

wigan away is the big one...what adkins did show us was that he could go to these places with a proper plan....lose at wigan then....oh dear

Wish people would stop telling others to draw a line under it. This isn't something that is just going to go away. People are angry at this decision and want to make their feelings known during the game on Monday and they will do so.

And Cortese wont give a flying ....!!! All it will do is affect the players! I just want us to win

it will be impossible to judge this fella for this game (Pottechino)....man u and man c games are going to be mightily hard anyway

wigan away is the big one...what adkins did show us was that he could go to these places with a proper plan....lose at wigan then....oh dear

Yep. Even if this was a success though I feel we will have lost something with our actions yesterday. Maybe I'm overly sentimental but I never wanted success this way. Now we are just like the teams I dislike. The newcastles and Chelseas.

Boo hoo! Scouser thinks our club is out of order. We are doomed. Liverpool, think Dalglish, Hodgson and dodgy Americans. Pot. Kettle.

For me, the timing was a shame, but ultimately the decision could be correct, and I am quite excited to see what happens under Pochettino. Ultimately, football is about entertainment and excitement and this kind of move certainly does make it more exciting.

One thing we certainly need to ensure is that we do not do a Chelsea and screw ourselves over. Chelsea are in a position where they're not going to lose out massively by doing protesting during the game, but we could.

So it's time to 'draw a line under it and move on' with our new management and get behind the team.

COYS!!!

I agree but I'm sure like most of us I felt sick when I found out about NA getting the boot.

I hope I bump into him one day so I can thank him personally for what he achieved at our club.

I do feel he would of kept us in the prem though.

COYS!!!

Crikey Im stll finding myself shocked by how different some peoples views on this. Yes, entertaining football is great but I was there for the Chelsea cup game, the dross that was wigan and sunderland no entertainment there ... but its more then that, theres more to being entertained to supporting a club for me.

For me, and others, our club (not cortese's club to be clear, he's essentially just a steward) is being run in a disgraceful way and are not simply prepared to say "that was yesterday this is today".

Yep. Even if this was a success though I feel we will have lost something with our actions yesterday. Maybe I'm overly sentimental but I never wanted success this way. Now we are just like the teams I dislike. The newcastles and Chelseas.
Spot on. Thats how all the Saints fans I know feel on this.

Totally.

Far too many passive, shallow fans.

Why, because people will get behind the players on Monday? It's not their fault this has happened.

If people want to protest I genuinely believe the best thing they can do vote with their feet and wallets as Cortese will notice that. Fans who create a hostile atmosphere for our own players are just cutting off their noses to spite their faces!

I have chosen to seek out Espanyol games with MP in charge.

First up, a 3-0 home victory against Atletico Madrid. Can't assess too much from highlights, and of course we have different players. Starting to think that he could be a good fit for the team. All Espanyol games scored from open play.

Yesterday I was disgusted

Today, more rationally I can see the bigger picture. I do feel NA had taken us as far as he was capable - top of the strugglers. Yes the timing of the decision seems really strange but even the good run we are on has, in several games, been achieved more by luck than judgement. My initial judgement was probably clouded by the fact he is such a nice guy - would I feel the same way if we replaced a Gus Poyet or Colin ****** with the same record? - probably not.

When the new owners took over they declared their vision for the club and it does appear that nothing is going to get in the way of that. It really does leave fans in a dilemma. Everyone likes to win, - most of us including myself have said in the past we'd be happy with mid-table mediocrity and/or championship football, but really, long term, what's the point of that? - but more and more it seems the only way to be a winner is to act in a way we, the fans, don't want. Catch 22, vicious circle, call it what you will but the game - as we know and love it - is in danger of disappearing up it's own arse.

Today, more rationally I can see the bigger picture. I do feel NA had taken us as far as he was capable - top of the strugglers. Yes the timing of the decision seems really strange but even the good run we are on has, in several games, been achieved more by luck than judgement. My initial judgement was probably clouded by the fact he is such a nice guy - would I feel the same way if we replaced a Gus Poyet or Colin ****** with the same record? - probably not.

When the new owners took over they declared their vision for the club and it does appear that nothing is going to get in the way of that. It really does leave fans in a dilemma. Everyone likes to win, - most of us including myself have said in the past we'd be happy with mid-table mediocrity and/or championship football, but really, long term, what's the point of that? - but more and more it seems the only way to be a winner is to act in a way we, the fans, don't want. Catch 22, vicious circle, call it what you will but the game - as we know and love it - is in danger of disappearing up it's own arse.

Acting like a t wat is not the only way to be successful in football. Nigel has taught us that.

COYS!!!

Why keep comparing us to Chelsea? Our situations and responses are completely different.

Man Utd fans have done protests against the Glazers for a while now, how has that affected their on the pitch performances?

It's a sad day, when our support appears more plastic and transient than Chelsea.

If supporter's opinions and attitude is so important to the club, maybe Cortese should have considered that before making this decision?

Why, because people will get behind the players on Monday? It's not their fault this has happened.

If people want to protest I genuinely believe the best thing they can do vote with their feet and wallets as Cortese will notice that. Fans who create a hostile atmosphere for our own players are just cutting off their noses to spite their faces!

Show me one single post on this forum where someone has said they won't get behind the players?

Did the players have an inkling before Christmas? Just thinking that the Sunderland game was a strange one where the players played a little like strangers.

Still think that the whole thing is a crock, and IF true about Nigel finding out via hacks and not from Cortese's mouth is pretty damn shabby.

The other person who I feel sorry for is Forren, he should have had the limelight yesterday except he became a side issue: almost to the point of a good day to bury bad news.

Utd managed to protest against the Glaziers whilst winning the Champions League.

Don't confuse support from the terraces for Adkins with not getting behind our players or the new fella.

Cortese and his followers on here think they're going to fill St Marys with football tourists from Japan and Cornwall once they've f****d Saints core support off, good luck with that.

But his record in the prem was not disastrous. And there was a clear improvement. Everyone was united, every player wanted to play for him and we was getting better

Lost on the passive types who are happy to be butt fu.cked by the club at every opportunity and tell everyone else that they aren't real fans if they don't get behind the club.

But his record in the prem was not disastrous. And there was a clear improvement. Everyone was united, every player wanted to play for him and we was getting better
Exactly. Plenty on here trying to rewrite history in an attempt to get the situation to work for them.