Lucas Biglia

laughba

My main knowledge of Biglia is that a hell of a lot of big clubs have wanted him in the past (and he's good on FM).

Seems semi-realistic to me. He seems to be on strike, and wants a move to the prem & we currently have an Argentine coach.

Easy link for for journo's to make. Even I thought about it during the 1st half.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfers-lucas-biglia-of-anderlecht-1548470

New Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino has joined the chase for Anderlecht’s Lucas Biglia.

Argentine Pochettino is an admirer of his 26-year-old compatriot.

Biglia, a talented midfield schemer, has gone on strike in his native South America to force through a move from the Belgians to England.

Arsenal, West Ham and Liverpool are all interested too, but Pochettino, who courted Biglia when at Espanyol, could edge them out in the £8million race.

Pochettino is also considering bringing in Malaga striker Sebastian Fernandez on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

The Premier League Saints believe Fernandez, 27, would link up well with their Uruguayan midfielder Gaston Ramires.

Fernandez is available to leave Malaga after only making two starts this season, as the likes of Roque Santa Cruz and Javier Saviola have been preferred.

Fernandez is available to leave Malaga after only making two starts this season, as the likes of Roque Santa Cruz and Javier Saviola have been preferred.

I don't want anything to do with any player that is kept out of a team by Roque Santa Cruz or Javier Saviola, let alone *both* of them...

Cork is a decent player but if we could get a passing DM to sit alongside Morgan it would make a real difference, I saw Biglia at St Mary's for Anderlecht and he was the best player in the pitch by a country mile. Sincerely hope this is true

Which then possibly solves our other forum concern regarding cover in the FB positions..

Cork covers CM & RB which lets Clyne cover LB.

Yeah interesting.

But it won't happen.

He's 26 that is WAY too old for The Plan

Which then possibly solves our other forum concern regarding cover in the FB positions..

Cork covers CM & RB which lets Clyne cover LB.

Yeah interesting.

But it won't happen.

He's 26 that is WAY too old for The Plan

Cork is also a rubbish right back, which puts a bit of a dent in the backup plan. ;)

Anderlecht have revealed that Dieumerci Mbokani and Lucas Biglia will be allowed to move on in the summer. Both men have been heavily linked with moves to the Premier League during the winter transfer window.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8434691/Anderlecht-prepared-to-part-with-Dieumerci-Mbokani-and-Lucas-Biglia-in-the-summer

• 3 weeks later...