Jhon Viafara

Saint Charlie

I thought he was pretty decent to be honest. Had his best time in England with us by a long way, technically very talented but did look a little awkward at times.

Obviously his stand out game was Derby, but he did have a fair few other good games that season as well. Did a job for us in our ''staying up'' season too, but was on too much money to be kept on any longer than that.

I thought he was pretty decent to be honest. Had his best time in England with us by a long way, technically very talented but did look a little awkward at times.

Obviously his stand out game was Derby, but he did have a fair few other good games that season as well. Did a job for us in our ''staying up'' season too, but was on too much money to be kept on any longer than that.

I thought he was technically poor to be honest, very poor passer but was extremely athletic and a powerful runner.

Bloody hell, you get points for remembering that ? That Pele foul is surely burned into the mind of everyone who saw it ?

20000+ thinking "LET GO OF HIM, FFS", but no, he clung on inside the box until the inevitable fall and penalty.

As for the OP, Viafara always had my awe for the match where he lost a load of teeth when conceding a corner and then not only played on but headed the corner clear.

Excellent athlete, alright Championship standard footballer. And ex-Skate, let's not forget.

Wasn't pretty on the eye but given all the sideways no penetration CMs we've had, he definitely added something.

Some of his runs for goals -Leicester, QPR i.e. not just Derby were a breath of fresh air. Shame he fizzled out in his second season.

OP- when are you going to do a Safri thread.

Wasn't pretty on the eye but given all the sideways no penetration CMs we've had, he definitely added something.

Some of his runs for goals -Leicester, QPR i.e. not just Derby were a breath of fresh air.

OP- when are you going to do a Safri thread.

In good time, tomorrows has been decided already but Thursday could be an option.

Was it Viafara who took a shot that hit one of the giant screens at st marys? Or did i imagine that..

Telfer once hit the big screen at the Chapel end, but can't remember who against though.

Some of the names on this thread make it seem a lifetime away from some of the stuff that we saw first half last night.

• 6 years later...