Adkins and Co pay off

jasoneuelllfanclub

Any reports or knowledge on the cost of sacking adkins, crosby, wilkins and stanner?

I am guessing adkins was on about 300k per year. he had 2.5 years remaining in his contract.

My best guess is £1m in total.

I bet on the day he was sacked (given promotion wage rises etc), he was on a lot more than circa £6k p/w.

Mauricio Pochettino was apparently on £25k p/w at Espanyol, I'd guess Saints have given him a pay rise on that.

I bet on the day he was sacked (given promotion wage rises etc), he was on a lot more than circa £6k p/w.

Mauricio Pochettino was apparently on £25k p/w at Espanyol, I'd guess Saints have given him a pay rise on that.

Why do you think that? How do you know? Plus he was unemployed, why would we give him a payrise when he was unemployed?

Any reports or knowledge on the cost of sacking adkins, crosby, wilkins and stanner?

I am guessing adkins was on about 300k per year. he had 2.5 years remaining in his contract.

My best guess is £1m in total.

As low as that - the wee scotsman was on that over 10 yars ago. I suspect £600,000 per annum?

As low as that - the wee scotsman was on that over 10 yars ago. I suspect £600,000 per annum?

Would depend on his promotion bonuses, he would surely have started on a less than a 2004 Premier League manager as a manager starting in League One.

Will you be prepared for another £100 rise in your season tickets to pay for it?

Then again, you probably say you are going to stay away (but actually won't)

£100 on every season ticket would be another two million quid. If Nige screws that out of us then you have to say fair play to him.

Would be doing the new guy a favour as it might make the Don think twice before binning him off this time next year.

I'm speculating here but if we assume that he was initially employed on the express understanding that his job was to get us to the Premier League and that the club would then look for a replacement he would presumably have been on a basic package with a bonus for achieving the desired result. This bonus would have to have been higher if it were achieved within a short time or else he would have had an interest in dragging out the process for another season or two (some bright spark will probably say that he had a good go at doing this halfway through last season). This all comes down to money and 'how much?'. Was it a 'f**k you' amount or 'f**k the lot of you'

Could Adkins show some pure class & tell Cortese to shove the money & use it to help the saints foundation

Why should he? He's been sacked, and harshly. He deserves every last penny. I bet that his payoff is a tiny fraction of the extra money SFC will make as a result of him leading us back to the premier league.

Probably on target related payments where severance pay was concerned. Guess Nigel not getting the team to the top ten places could have seen his remaining 2 years scapped, and receiving something like 25000 quid. Shameful!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Because we have treated him badly. Hope he nails us for absolutely the top amount he possibly can.

Football's a tough game at the top level, Hammond,Sharpe never even got to put a shirt on to even have the chance to see if they could do a job, and the way KD got treated too, Adkins had no quarms of them shipping them and probably lost the same amount of sleep as letting them go as NC had of letting him go,

Because we have treated him badly. Hope he nails us for absolutely the top amount he possibly can.

I don't agree with this.

We don't know how he was treated other than he was fired.

People are fired every day of the week.

To be honest (while I love the bloke dearly and would be happy were he still here) you could have fired him after he made three changes when 2-1 up with thirteen minutes to go against Manchester United.

I said at the time, there is not another Premiership quality manager who would have made that decision. It was a mistake - a bad one. It cost us a win. It showed categorically that he was learning - he would probbaly admit as much.

And while many lauded the result against Chelsea, team selection dug us a hole that substitutions then filled... So how much had he really learned (looking objectively not with the afterglow of resurrection)?

The Chairman decided he couldn't do the job at this level and he found someone he believed could. It happens every day. It's not shabby, it's progress.

I sincerely hope Adkins proves he can do the job at this level but your Chairman wanted someone qualified not a trainee... And that's life.

Adkins is a good man and I hope he was dealt with professionally. But there's no nice way to fire someone...

I don't agree with this.

We don't know how he was treated other than he was fired.

People are fired every day of the week.

To be honest (while I love the bloke dearly and would be happy were he still here) you could have fired him after he made three changes when 2-1 up with thirteen minutes to go against Manchester United.

I said at the time, there is not another Premiership quality manager who would have made that decision. It was a mistake - a bad one. It cost us a win. It showed categorically that he was learning - he would probbaly admit as much.

Or, as I've said numerous times, you might want to look at how knackered the 7 outfielders he DIDN'T replace were, and realise that we were going to cave in whether he made the changes or not, and what he did do was bring on our best 3 players on the bench as the subs. Not much he could do about the back 4 hoofing the ball at Mayuka for 15 minutes.