Swansea v Chelsea

Saint Scott

It's quite obvious that Hazard kicked him in ribs with the toe of his boot: don't think he was feigning at all, you could see the impact on the screen. It looked like firstly the kid slipped, he probably wasn't rushing to get up and then Hazard makes a bad situation worse by pushing - in the process delaying and disrupting the game more than if he'd waited for the ball-boy to get his act together.

Idiot all round, and he was smirking before he got his red card. WTFISN

It's quite obvious that Hazard kicked him in ribs with the toe of his boot: don't think he was feigning at all, you could see the impact on the screen. It looked like firstly the kid slipped, he probably wasn't rushing to get up and then Hazard makes a bad situation worse by pushing - in the process delaying and disrupting the game more than if he'd waited for the ball-boy to get his act together.

Idiot all round, and he was smirking before he got his red card. WTFISN

Yeah, more I look at it the more it looks like the toe of his boot has gone right in the kid's ribs.

Talking about it on t.v.afterwards, Hoddle was saying that ball boys are often told to do a bit of time wasting if the other side are winning. They also showed another lad playing it slow a few minute earlier. Just took his time getting the ball and then half-heartedly kicked it to the goalie. That's a bit naughty innit!

Just seen the clip, looks pretty tame to be honest, he wants the ball, the boy tries to keep it, he dinks it out and steps over him, no way he is hurt. Still, shouldn't have touched him, he should have known what would happen though...
As I say, why did it get to the point where the player had to go over to try and get the ball off the ballboy? The Ref should have been managing that situation in advance, not allowing Swansea to take the P**s like that.

That clip is really funny. I suppose the ref had no choice, but that jug-eared little pikey rolling around as if he'd been stabbed by a drug dealer is priceless.

edit, just saw this on sicki;

Hazard kicked the ball boy for keeping the ball. Torres would've missed him, Cole would've shot him and Terry would have sh*gged his wife.

Edited by scotty

Yes you can. If a player is on the ground on the ball and someone tries to kick the ball and kicks the man instead, it'll be put down as an accident and no-one mentions it again.

Regardless, an annoying ballboy shouldn't be influencing the game. The ref could have left it and let them analyst it post-match to decide on a fine/suspension.

All right then. You can't deliberately kick anyone on a football pitch. What all those macho men in thread doesn't get is that the ball boy could have taken the ball and danced the Macarena bare-arsed and Hazard should still not have kicked him. The ref can add time for timewasting or tell the ballboy to get on with it... Once Hazard pushed him, the ballboy made a meal of it but that happens all the time in football; Hazard got fooled. So yes, I am more than implying that he's an annoying diver but that really does not justify anything for Hazard.

And: if the ref sees this as a deliberate kick he can't let them work it out post match; he has to react there and then.

Imo, Hazard deserved red card.

However the little **** and his parents assuming they are Swansea fans should be banned from getting Wembley tickets.

Could be absolute b****s, but just seen on twitter that the Chelsea team have been staying at a hotel owned by the lad's old man. Couldn't make it up if true.

A ball boy got one of Chelsea's best players sent off. Simple as. Swansea should be investigated although it will be a waste of time and money.

1. they shouldn't give the job to losers like that and that age. It should be given as an incentive to the kids, like junior saints.

2. Players should respect them a little more. Dan Harding used to bully ours something rotten

3. The ref should punish time wasting by ball boys the same as a player.

4. Ban the little **** from Wembley.

regardless of the actions of the boy, and lets not forget that he is a minor and depending on his maturity, minor's brain development is not sufficient for consequences to be at the forefront of their mind (this is medically proven), lets not loose sight of the fact that Hazard is meant to be a professional representing the sport and his club. Any player in that situation should just have approached the ref to ensure extra time was going to be added.

Every video I have seen of it he causes the boy to fall on top the ball the kicks him as a way to get the ball. The red card was fully justified and I expect the FA to extend the ban.

I work in an office and if a little brat kept hiding my keyboard and I kicked him I'd fully expect to be sacked.

Hazard should never have done what he did

But as usual (like we saw with saints last week) the press are going OTT

Some calling it a cantona incident. A national disgrace etc

It quite clear what happened

The ball boys were wasting time. This ball boy clearly laid on the ball. Hazard had a kick (not that hard) and the ball boy was a nob for faking injury

Oh, going in how this lad was a young child... He is nearly 18. Luke shaw is probably younger than him.

I'm not in anyway condoning what Hazad did, but the ballboy was being a ****, he didn't deliberately kick him, he was clearly trying to get the ball. If I was the lads father, I'd have given Hazard a bollocking, and also told my son he deserved everything he got.

Mind you he's got the makings of a promising footballer, he made a good job of play acting & hand waving, my lads get worse on the rugby pitch week after week & just get on with it.

The red card & forthcoming 3 match ban is fair punishment.

So basically what you lot on here are saying is its perfectly acceptable to lash out at a kid because he's being a bit of a nob. Hazard is a role model to thousands of kids around the world, he's also representing Chelsea and to some extent English football. When some lad boots one of your kids in the playground we'll see how happy you are about it. It's clearly unacceptable behaviour for a professional to kick a young lad who's lying on the floor. That said the referee should have stepped in earlier.

This was not a kid. It was a young man who is probably older than luke shaw.

Someone phone in in talksport this morning saying his son is only a few months older than this lad and is heading out to Afghanistan soon... So hardly a "kid" and "in the playground"

What hazard did was wrong. But he hardly belted him one and the lad was n utter embarrassment to himself

So basically what you lot on here are saying is its perfectly acceptable to lash out at a kid because he's being a bit of a nob. Hazard is a role model to thousands of kids around the world, he's also representing Chelsea and to some extent English football. When some lad boots one of your kids in the playground we'll see how happy you are about it. It's clearly unacceptable behaviour for a professional to kick a young lad who's lying on the floor. That said the referee should have stepped in earlier.
"In the playground"? I think you'd be wondering what your "kid" that is nearly 18 would be doing in a playground. The FA should investigate Swansea anyway for creating the situation, instructing ball boys to hold onto the ball like that