20 Years From Today

110_Persaint

Will he still be in here in two years, never mind twenty ?

If it falls apart, then NC will move on to his "next stage" to deliver Champions League football, if we show rapid strides then theres the prospect of MP being lured back to Spain (Mourinho's heir apparent at Real perhaps ?).

Either way, its pointless speculation.

Nope, I will still be banging on about the failure to appoint Hoddle in 2004.

Bugger. How do you get Bacardi & Coke out of a laptop keyboard?

20 Years time? Rickie Lambert celebrate 4 years in charge and will be offered a new lifetime contract having just led us to our Second Successive World Club Cup Win over Barcelona in Osaka

Regarding the future progress of Pochettino, he'll do moderately well for a couple of seasons, getting us up to a creditable 8th or so in the second year.

Then when everybody is least expecting it, he'll be fired, to be replaced by somebody else with ringing endorsements from Mourinho and Guardiola saying how the new guy will one day manage Real Madrid. The new guy will arrive to astounded comments from the football world deriding the way that such a capable manager has been dispatched and duly tell us all that he has been monitoring every Saints' kick of the ball for the past 6 months. He won't speak a word of English, but that won't matter, as all of the players will be either Spanish, Portuguese or Brazilian, so it won't be too difficult for either Cortese or the new guy to communicate with them.

In 20 years time, Barcelona will be calling themselves the Southampton of the Spanish South Coast and visiting our training ground.

And Pompey will promote back into League 2 after 8 or 9 years out of the football league altogether. Well done the monkey-hangers for putting another nail in their coffin today, beating them on their training ground in front of less than 11000 of the greatest fans in English football.... 'When I was just a little boy.... ' I made the right decision... :)

To get rid of all those eyesores industries around the ground, disgrace, horrible.

Make it all green.

Up date our old ground, starting to look tatty even now.

Parking for supporters, railway station at St. Marys

Cortese MLT sitting together.

Being Premiership, or Euro League Champions.

Eastleigh winning Championship.

Pompey playing Fareham Shopping Centre Football Club.

We are just a stepping stone for him - whether he will move to a better job will be down to what he does here. In twenty years time he will be just another name in the long list of managers and we'll barely remember what he did. Whether the club's long term future benefits from him being here only time will tell. I'll be amazed if any of the current personnel who are at the club today, will still be here in 20 years. Going back 20 years, I assume Jason Dodd is the only survivor (feel free to correct me!)

The only ones that will remain will be us.

Big risk. Cortese hasn't really answered the question "why have you sacked NA and appointed a manager who was sacked from their last and only position"? Apart from going on about developing the youth I feel his answers are wanting. Saying it was perfect timing for the appointment speaks volumes about his arrogance and little else. Hope he does well as he is obviously a progressive manager, just a big risk at this point in the season. Only time will tell.

I think he'll do okay, but I can't see any manager lasting more than a couple of years under the current running of the club (unless he does amazingly well, of course). I'm not having a go at Cortese, he's just very ambitious and unpatient. As for how Pochettino will do, I don't think he'll change the world, but he'll certainly keep us up and keep us on the move up the table.