Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Saint Scott

I'm okay with us not signing anyone. We had one major target we thought would improve the team, we didn't get him and then we didn't just try to find a second rate alternative. We should only be looking for players to improve the team, not more squad members.

Surprised people are talking about midfielders. Our first choice midfield pairing is excellent. Our first choice back-ups, Davis and JWP, are just right, one experienced, the other promising, both good enough for back up. We even have decent further options behind them.

Surprised people are talking about midfielders. Our first choice midfield pairing is excellent. Our first choice back-ups, Davis and JWP, are just right, one experienced, the other promising, both good enough for back up. We even have decent further options behind them.

100% Agree.

Another flair player or an extremely quick winger (with an end product) would be nice though.

Didn't he say last night signings will only be made if they will be an improvement on what we have currently.

I.e. not signing for signings sake, like many of our resident experts on here want.

So why havent we signed someone better than we have? We are 3 points from 2nd bottom so cant be too hard?

I thought Cortese sacked Adkins as he was not a big name to get in the big players? It sort of contradicts itself, I want a couple of "Worldys" by the end of today.

Really... its about the one thing that is obvious is that he took the plunge at the best time to sack him. He let Nigel stabilize us, then got the new guy in when we could have a break abroad with the option for possible transfers at the end of the window. He said it himself. This guy is here to take us on to the next level and its fair evident what that means with the style of play vs Man Utd and Everton and the fact that we outplayed United for the 45min we bothered to turn up for.

Its also nice to have a manager who knows how to make a decent substitution. Been a while.

But at no point has anyone associated with the club said "we are bringing in MP to attract and sign global football stars". Stop knocking the club with every single post. There are enough people to do that without you adding to it. Or if you are going to, at least base it on some bloody evidence. Otherwise you are on the slippery slopes of an Alpine region.

As for transfers, people in this thread have been saying that we are not better than Wigan, reading, qpr, villa etc etc. Well correct me if I am wrong, But we are a newly promoted side who has one 5 out of 6 matches vs our direct rivals. Now if we had lost 5/6 matches, we would clearly be worse than them (and 15points worse off). So how people can argue the opposite is beyond me, especially when you consider our start and the improvement in form and defense over the last set of matches.

I think the question should be, if people are unhappy with the team, who would you switch with in the bottom 5 clubs?

Loic Remy's contract = roughly £18.7m plus £8m fee, Samba's = £23.4m plus £12.5m fee = £62.6m, even before Tal Ben Haim + Yun Suk-Young...

Or the other ridiculous transfers he's bound to make. The guy really is a joke. I'm starting to think he is actually just the luckiest man in the world and his whole career has been a fluke.

He has absolutely no sense of fore thought, this time last year he signed Nelsen & Saha for Spurs FFS.

Yet people on here want us to follow that model so they have something to get excited about whilst sat watching SSN. Mongs.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

All quiet at #SaintsFC. Noises out of the club is that there will be no incoming players. A few could head out @PA_dugout

Been pretty consistent with this all day across multiple media outlets, so think Forren is it. Loan window is open after though, so a few can leave then once we've sorted our 25 players.

Just sayin', like.

It's all been (just) said plenty since he left.

Very likeable guy, did a great job for us last season.

But clearly isn't up to the Prem.

He's hardly a spring chicken, or new on the scene. He's been scoring in the Champ for a while now. Do you not think there is a reason no premiership team has given a crack of the whip yet?

Or the other ridiculous transfers he's bound to make. The guy really is a joke. I'm starting to think he is actually just the luckiest man in the world and his whole career has been a fluke.

He has absolutely no sense of fore thought, this time last year he signed Nelsen & Saha for Spurs FFS.

Yet people on here want us to follow that model so they have something to get excited about whilst sat watching SSN. Mongs.

Claiming to be more intelligent than other posters is one thing. You've taken it one step further and invented some ficticious posters to take the moral high ground over.

NOBODY wants us to sign old has beens on ridiculous contracts like QPR have been doing. NOBODY is saying we should sign any old LB/CB/GK/AM or whatever out of desperation. NOBODY.

My personal thoughts are that another AM would be good if the right player is available at the right price but we aren't desperate. I think we are more likely to see a couple of players leave, probably on loan. Depending on who goes we might need to find a replacement. Fox for example would need replacing as Shaw is the only other LB on the books. Chaplow not so much as I can't see him getting in the team anyway with 4 decent central midfielders already here. GK I think we will be alright until summer. Maybe a loan out for Gazza.

If we could turn Manchester United around like we did last night then I believe we can do that to any team in the Premiership. Should not be worried that some of these teams are bringing in some players as they will not cope will our style/pressure football.

Won't panic if we don't get anyone in as we still have Fonte, Forren and a fitter Lallana to come back.

Claiming to be more intelligent than other posters is one thing. You've taken it one step further and invented some ficticious posters to take the moral high ground over.

NOBODY wants us to sign old has beens on ridiculous contracts like QPR have been doing. NOBODY is saying we should sign any old LB/CB/GK/AM or whatever out of desperation. NOBODY.

My personal thoughts are that another AM would be good if the right player is available at the right price but we aren't desperate. I think we are more likely to see a couple of players leave, probably on loan. Depending on who goes we might need to find a replacement. Fox for example would need replacing as Shaw is the only other LB on the books. Chaplow not so much as I can't see him getting in the team anyway with 4 decent central midfielders already here. GK I think we will be alright until summer. Maybe a loan out for Gazza.

To be fair, there was an awful lot of people saying we need to bring in Prem experience.

Is that WITH Harry's add-ons?

No silly thats not including Rosies tax free bonus or Harrys box of dog biscuits both of those go under the table in the brown paper bag.

Still waiting for the QPR loan signing that will obviously never play and is only there to keep some back handers in harrys pocket!

Edited by a1ex2001

I've not claimed to be more intelligent than anyone else.

Plenty on here seem happy to moan about lack of incomings, but not so fussed about the potential cost or quality of said signings.

Funny how you are just as guilty of what you are accusing me of.

That said, I agree with the last part of your post. I still think our current team is good enough to keep us up. I think any signings made should be an improvement on what we currently have. Given how notorious Jan is for being a minefield for getting quality at sensible prices, I'm happy for us to not go into panic mode and sign anyone.

It doesn't take much searching to find plenty of others who disagree with this.