Simon Peach - Deadline Day Journo Special

Saint Charlie

For me he clearly has some good contacts at Saints so worth listening to what he says, and I am sure this will only improve his his career grows.

I do find at times he is a bit overly negative, probably because he is wary (rightly so) of being biased as a Saints fan rather than Saints Journalist.

His reports etc would give no indication he is a fan which is good, plus he knows the questions fans want to hear asked at pressers which also helps.

He has made some strong comments on the Adkins situation on Twitter which shows he isnt afraid of the club, but then seemed annoyed he hadn't been given the Cortese exclusive...IMO as a national Journalist it is going to hard to maintain good relationships with the club given their somewhat bizarre media relations especially if you "go against the SFC grain" too many times.

For the future, I would like to see Simon try to bring some good exclusives to the fans which to be honest no Journalists are able to do.

For example, the mysterious loan would be a good one to investigate....

I think a lot of the time people are either jealous they don't have the same access, or are annoyed when something negative is written even if it turns out to be true.

I'm jealous he has an awesome job! However that doesn't end up with me saying bad things about the bloke. He reports on what he knows. And if he's not sure he normally says. Also he is more ITK that the majority of us and I welcome any info on my club - just take a lot with a pinch of salt.

Peach has probably sidelined himself from the club somewhat after his unprofessional outburts after NA's sacking.

He'll end up at the Echo

I think that is where he started actually.

I follow him on Twitter and always enjoy his tweets - the fact that he is a Saints fan too is good enough for me.

Puts himself out there to try and find out Saints news and gets a load of grief for it. Surprised he manages to bite his tongue so much with how people address him on twitter and such.

He is a PA journalist which gives him a damn sight more integrity than most. He'll get things wrong from time to time but none of it is from being lazy. Considering how much the club likes to keep things in house I think he does a good job even getting the bits and bobs he can pass on.