Saints in Italy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah cool! Well I have not had a problem with language really so far.

Went to the Lazio game on sunday which was a lot of fun. Sat with the nutters and didn't think they were as bad as legend says. When they scored the first goal everyone went crazy and I managed to get it on video on my mobile but don't know how to put videos up. But here is a pic. At £12 a ticket think I will go watch more games.

2vcgtb5.jpg

Moving back to Italy (Rome) this weekend so be cool to see if there are any other Saints around?

Also got tickets for the Lazio game on sunday and was wondering if turning up in the Curva Nord with a Saints shirt on was a good idea? ;)

Ciao St Marco,

Si - sono in Italia per lavora.

Habito in Roma/Ostia ma mia lavora e ancora Lecce, Sardigna et Sud Tirol!

Questa fini setemana vado a Saints vs Leicester

Awesome attempt. What are you out there doing for work?

Had a chat with an Italian today about footie. Mentioned where I am from etc and was very surprised how much he knew about our club. Seems we are a bit more known around Europe than I thought. Granted he said he only follows us to see how Pelle is doing but that's good enough. Another thing he said was he was shocked how crap Gaston has done as he was really good when in Italy.

I am working with the Italian Army - they have some new training kit which they need help getting their heads around.

Yes I agree that, when I mention being a Saints ST holder, at least people do know who the team is - the Chelsea result was noted!!

This coming weekend I am leaving my car at Treviso (nr Venice) and flying out Friday, back Monday. Such commitment!

Should we try and meet to watch the next saints away match (Liverpool) on TV somewhere in/near Rome? Might be difficult, though, as it clashes with the Italy footy day on Sunday but......?

Good attempt, completely understandable but as I teach Italian I could probably have found a few mistakes. It's the bloomin' endings that catch people out, so watch your verbs and nouns. :-)

I once taught an intensive English course to squaddies at the Alpine training school. They have some recruits who only sign up for short periods, as little as a year (!) - VFBs - Volontieri di Ferma Breve (not sure of my endings there!) so effectively almost like conscripts. Some were keen but others not so; I think joining the army was just a way of getting out of their one-horse southern village. As the lady who contracted me said: 'Some only speak dialect and not even Italian', let alone any English from school.

You'll find the fatter or stouter ones are marescialli - W/Os - and they're always good for a joke amongst the recruits for their appetites in the mess.

If you need Italian lessons when you get back let me know: with the price of season tickets I could do with a few more classes!

Funny you mention lessons Sue - I am looking for a class to attend in Ostia in the New Year....

Meanwhile looking out of my window in the far north east of Italy I can see the snow line coming down the mountain. Must look my skis out :-)