Support today

Saint Garrett

wtf, sounded amazing on my stream too, and considering it's only a tiny portion of the ground it must've been 100 times better than home support.

probably quiet outside cos of the late goal to equalise from a losing position by wigan. stfu mate.

Also, if the chap stood next to the steps in row F, wearing the green jumper, gets to read this, don't start slagging off Northerners so much when 4 of them are stood next to you. My son, who you really wouldn't want to mess with, was disappointed that you moved for the 2nd half, he was looking forward to correcting your opinion.

Also, if the chap stood next to the steps in row F, wearing the green jumper, gets to read this, don't start slagging off Northerners so much when 4 of them are stood next to you. My son, who you really wouldn't want to mess with, was disappointed that you moved for the 2nd half, he was looking forward to correcting your opinion.

He didn't fancy saying/doing it at the time then?

Kpturner. I think that is harsh. Those that read my posts probably would say I'm more positive than I probably should be, and I'm first to big my club up to my mates.

But I didn't think much of it today. I tried to start some chants and some people just looked at me weird. My opinion is that we should have been far better for our numbers. We made noise at the start, inside the concourse, and then when we scored. I thought we were ok, but I've seen much better from smaller away followings.

Also...Wigan best home fans hve seen this season, but admittably there isnt much to beat.

Have to agree with the OP. Only sang consistently after we'd equalised. Thought Wigan's support was OK too, again up until we equalised when they then became very tense and very quiet. Superb in numbers from us, and good from Lambert's goal onwards. Otherwise poor.

Again, WTF?

The last 15 minutes of the first half was just a wall of noise from the Saints fans.

The Wigan support was woeful in comparison. Their support was like their team. They only got going when their backs were to the wall. Again something the taters picked up on.

Seriously it was the best I have heard us on telly at an away game (didn't watch manure)

Again, WTF?

The last 15 minutes of the first half was just a wall of noise from the Saints fans.

The Wigan support was woeful in comparison. Their support was like their team. They only got going when their backs were to the wall. Again something the taters picked up on.

Seriously it was the best I have heard us on telly at an away game (didn't watch manure)

Did you go?!

Kpturner. I think that is harsh. Those that read my posts probably would say I'm more positive than I probably should be, and I'm first to big my club up to my mates.

But I didn't think much of it today. I tried to start some chants and some people just looked at me weird. My opinion is that we should have been far better for our numbers. We made noise at the start, inside the concourse, and then when we scored. I thought we were ok, but I've seen much better from smaller away followings.

Also...Wigan best home fans hve seen this season, but admittably there isnt much to beat.

The problem with you mate.......Out of tune, wrong notes in the wrong order and not even knowing the lyrics (words) to any of the Saints songs...

Best you leave the Gareth Malone to the pros....;)

I thought it was great and have to disagree with the OP. me and my son had a great time on the right-hand side of the stand. Some crazy loud renditions of OWTSGMI. Proper spine tingling stuff..

Disappointed naturally by the result but I think having a pop at the support today is a little wide of the mark.

My 'pay as you arrive' ticket was right down the front on the right so that's where I was first half and I thought the general atmosphere was poor. So, second half I moved back and into the middle and it was completely different. I really think it depends on just exactly where you happen to be, especially when the turn out is as large as today's was. Around me for the second half the atmosphere was electric and the singing pretty well non stop even before the first goal went in.

I thought it was decent enough, maybe it was just a specific section you were in?

Quite a weird ground though because the home fans so quiet.

There was a section of home fans - to our left - who gave it a good go. They had a very annoying drum.

I agree with Saint Garrett, we were quiet for a lot of the first half when things weren't going our way. Disappoinitng considering the numbers we took.....

Why don't you actually go to the games then, instead of moaning about it on here?

He said he was just leaving the ground ffs.

I was sat at the back and it sounded poor, but I knew at the time it would sound good on the radio etc. as the acoustics of most stadiums are a bit funny.

There was some naughties at the bottom of the bridge after the match. Missed the start of it but saw a few handbags. Surprised no one ended up in the canal which would have been amusing. The Saints fans wandered off down the canal while some Wigan scrotes stood on the other side giving it large and throwing stones.

Lots of tweets about our yoof causing bother after the game, throwing bricks at families with kids. also mentioned here http://thisnorthernsoul.co.uk/index.php/forum/5-general-chat/29630-fighting-after-the-game

anyone throw any light on it?

I didn't any one this no police no trouble and I was sat right outside the ground in Sparkys car park for an hour after the game

Yawn.

cünt badger! Was GREAT away support today! Sung from the first min! Struggled from 45-60 mins but in those conditions we always do. It went mental for the last 20 mins.

As away support goes it was great, had much much worse in the prem this season (bad grounds and day trippers) today had neither, just unlucky about the performance... :(

Lots of tweets about our yoof causing bother after the game, throwing bricks at families with kids. also mentioned here http://thisnorthernsoul.co.uk/index.php/forum/5-general-chat/29630-fighting-after-the-game

anyone throw any light on it?

I saw it. Started by Wigan who legged it up onto the bridge and started gobbing and ripping stuff off the bridge to lob it down. They weren't too happy when Saints lads took offence at this.

Edited by View From The Top