Gascoigne

Viking Warrior

I think that the people who keep on and on and on about Alpine are the ones with issues coupled

with an inability to think clearly and objectively. Because IF they did think clearly and objectively

they would be able to just ignore what he posts. Some on here even seem to go out of their way

to be annoyed, insulted or whatever on purpose. IF you don't like what he writes then skip over it.

You remind me of the people who moan about TV progs, but do you just turn the TV off or change

channel ?? NO you would rather come out with childish moaning, well your mothers might put up

with such behaviour but I for one am fed up with you.

IF you can't just ignore him then I think you should visit your Doctor so he can refer you to a good

psychiatrist.

I think that the people who keep on and on and on about Alpine are the ones with issues coupled

with an inability to think clearly and objectively. Because IF they did think clearly and objectively

they would be able to just ignore what he posts. Some on here even seem to go out of their way

to be annoyed, insulted or whatever on purpose. IF you don't like what he writes then skip over it.

You remind me of the people who moan about TV progs, but do you just turn the TV off or change

channel ?? NO you would rather come out with childish moaning, well your mothers might put up

with such behaviour but I for one am fed up with you.

IF you can't just ignore him then I think you should visit your Doctor so he can refer you to a good

psychiatrist.

Stop moaning about people moaning! ;)

What a disgusting person you can be sometimes. I can forgive ignorance, but now you just seem like an utterly vile human being.

Ignorance ? You havent got a f**king clue. You should seriously think about what you post before firing off on one.

Has it ever occurred to you that the people you so sanctimoniously judge on here might have reason for what they are posting, maybe have DECADES of first hand experience rather than the sanitised politically correct utter b*llocks written in University text books or NHS dogmatic policy ?

Go on....think about it.....join the dots together......if you have the intelligence to do so......

Its pr*cks like you that give w*nkers like Gazza the feeling its ok to carry on with their addictions, wasting everybodys f**king time and good will.

Edited by alpine_saint

Ignorance ? You havent got a f**king clue. You should seriously think about what you post before firing off on one.

Has it ever occurred to you that the people you so sanctimoniously judge on here might have reason for what they are posting, maybe have DECADES of first hand experience rather than the sanitised politically correct utter b*llocks written in University text books or NHS dogmatic policy ?

Go on....think about it.....join the dots together......if you have the intelligence to do so......

Its pr*cks like you that give w*nkers like Gazza the feeling its ok to carry on with their addictions, wasting everybodys f**king time and good will.

If Gazza is just a drunk then I may agree, if he has an illness or personality disorder then you are very wrong IMO

If Gazza is just a drunk then I may agree, if he has an illness or personality disorder then you are very wrong IMO

I dont know his case, but if he has underlying issues, then a couple of weeks drying out isnt going to make the blind bit of difference. He needs to be institutionalized.

He made his choices and like many alcoholics knows best despite the medical advice - maybe the people who surrounded him and encouraged him can take some responsibility - tis a shame because as footballer he provided good entertainment. Many many people with similar problems never get the opportunity to have the expensive Rehab he has received and all he has done is let that opportunity slip away.

What illness ? He's a f**king alkie.

As has already been said, its only going to end one way - the George Best way.

I dont know his case, but if he has underlying issues, then a couple of weeks drying out isnt going to make the blind bit of difference. He needs to be institutionalized..

:facepalm:

Well in the medical world they class alcoholism as a disease but wtf do doctors know eh? In addition, as others have noted, he has underlying mental health issues.

If his underlying mental health issues are so bad, why havent the "medical world" sectioned him ?

What is most sickening about this whole sorry mess is that Gazza is ill and is not getting the help he needs.

Also it is now obvious that this will only end one way. At which point we will have pages of sanctimonious drivel in the press and hundreds of experts trotted out on TV News shows to explain it all.

Which begs the question why can't these people help him NOW. FFS the Tabloids have sold enough papers because of of him over the years. Perhaps it's time for them to step up.

IF he truly can't be treated, then in years to come he could unfortunately become a cause celebre for Euthanasia.

FFS didn't ANYONE read the Bible? He was an English Hero FFS.

YOU ALL NEED TO HELP HIM.

What an utter total tragedy this all is

Do you volunteer for The Samaritans when not posting on here?

I do not have much time for Gazza he has access to all sorts of high class help . Unless he finds within himself to sort himself then he is going to end up having a liver transplant or die .

What hacks me off about the public out pouring for gazza is that a former medic colleague of mine was told her son needs a liver transplant he's 25 and it is not alcohol related Problem. its tragic news. I hope he gets one before the likes of Gazza. best got one but he nevervturned himself around . when that liver could have gone to someone more deserving .

Best is ill but it's not medication that will help him but his own self discipline to fight the alcohol abuse .

I do not have much time for Gazza he has access to all sorts of high class help . Unless he finds within himself to sort himself then he is going to end up having a liver transplant or die .

What hacks me off about the public out pouring for gazza is that a former medic colleague of mine was told her son needs a liver transplant he's 25 and it is not alcohol related Problem. its tragic news. I hope he gets one before the likes of Gazza. best got one but he nevervturned himself around . when that liver could have gone to someone more deserving .

Best is ill but it's not medication that will help him but his own self discipline to fight the alcohol abuse .

I think you'll find that Best is rather beyond assistance or self-discipline.

Why?

I'm worried that 50m English people won't be enough. Maybe we need to bring in people from Rome and the Blue side of Glasgow too. Lets round them up as WE ALL NEED TO HELP HIM.

Phil, can you let us know exactly what you've done so we can ALL follow suit?

This. Apart from the fact George is dead.

I wonder if Gazza looks back and realises just what a mistake that move to Lazio was. The whole f**king country was telling him to stick with EL Tel and Lineker.

This. Apart from the fact George is dead.

I wonder if Gazza looks back and realises just what a mistake that move to Lazio was. The whole f**king country was telling him to stick with EL Tel and Lineker.

I would imagine that his move to Lazio has very little to do with his mental issues...

Why does he keep being released ?

Because people with mental health problems can relapse and with alcohol also being a factor this will increase Gazza's chance of relapse.

Plus you can't really section someone for an alcohol problem unless it is their mental health needs that require urgent treatment.

I work in mental health and to get sectioned you really have to be very unwell, lack capacity and present as a huge risk to yourself or others.

Your oddly cold about all this.

Because people with mental health problems can relapse and with alcohol also being a factor this will increase Gazza's chance of relapse.

Plus you can't really section someone for an alcohol problem unless it is their mental health needs that require urgent treatment.

I work in mental health and to get sectioned you really have to be very unwell, lack capacity and present as a huge risk to yourself or others.

Your oddly cold about all this.

Your response to my post is a bit odd. Are you trying to explain why he keeps being released, or actually arguing against his periodic release ?

And this thread is replete with arguments that his alcohol problem is caused by underlying mental health issues.

Also, I would argue that the photos in the sun this morning, for example, are all the evidence that is needed that he is "very unwell"

Sorry if you find my position somewhat cold, please accept that perhaps there is a reason for this.

Your response to my post is a bit odd. Are you trying to explain why he keeps being released, or actually arguing against his periodic release ?

And this thread is replete with arguments that his alcohol problem is caused by underlying mental health issues.

Also, I would argue that the photos in the sun this morning, for example, are all the evidence that is needed that he is "very unwell"

Sorry if you find my position somewhat cold, please accept that perhaps there is a reason for this.

Haven't seen those pics.

My argument (against your point 'why does he keep being released') is that whilst you can treat mental illness you cannot prevent someone from going back to drinking. You cannot keep mentally well people in hospital because they might hit the bottle. There are all sorts of options to reduce the risk of him drinking in the community (supported living, support groups, community teams) but you can't detain him against his liberty just because of his alcohol problem. And the glorious government is reducing alcohol services so there will be an increase in alcohol problems (which can also trigger mental health or vice versa) which will cause a humongous drain on public services. Most people don't have the luxury of being able to check into a top rehab in Arizona either.

Sadly I think there is only one outcome for Gazza.

Doubt it. The time for real salvation became before that. He chose El Tel and the bright lights of London over Fergie at Utd - right at the last minute too. Fergie thought he was going to sign. If he'd stayed at Utd his whole career - he probably wouldn't be in this mess now. All hypothetical, of course...

Gascoigne has a physical and (probably) psychological dependence on alcohol. Some of the posters criticising him are obese through their inability to control what they eat, even though they don't have a physical addiction. Some people would be better served throwing fewer stones and empathising a bit more.

Edited by buctootim

Gascoigne has a physical and (probably) psychological dependence on alcohol. Some of the posters criticising him are obese through their inability to control what they eat, even though they don't have a physical addiction. Some people would be better served throwing fewer stones and empathising a bit more.

Quite right and, no doubt, one or two of those being so harsh sport rather large beer bellies themselves.

It's really hard to see a happy ending in this for Gazza. The guy just doesn't have the will power or the mental strength to get himself out of it. If nothing else hopefully his downfall will act as a warning to younger people who think it's cool to go out and get continuously smashed every night. In most of the photos I've seen of Gazza in the last year or so he looks like a man in his 60s.

article-2276324-17512FB3000005DC-744_306x423.jpg

What a disgusting person you can be sometimes. I can forgive ignorance, but now you just seem like an utterly vile human being.

Well in the medical world they class alcoholism as a disease but wtf do doctors know eh? In addition, as others have noted, he has underlying mental health issues.

:facepalm:

Not sure if this is just ignorant, bizarre or offensive.

At very least lacking human dignity.

Do you volunteer for The Samaritans when not posting on here?

Quite right and, no doubt, one or two of those being so harsh sport rather large beer bellies themselves.

Have you guys still not figured it out yet? He will post ANYTHING for attention. ANYTHING.

Scott's I was referring to best in the past tense none the present . I can see all gascoignes close mates calling for him to have liver transplant when his packs up . They will play the public sympathy card but I will be one who would be opposed to that if it comes to that .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

The blokes a ****ing nuisance. He lived in the same bloke of flats as someone I know, quite a posh area of Poole. He caused all sorts of issues before finally being evicted. Chucking up in hallways and lifts, throwing beer cans off his balcony, loud music all day etc. He also had to helped to his flat regularly as other residents found him staggering around or sleeping in the garden. At first the other residents were sympathetic to him, but that soon wore off as he was such an anti social neighbour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk